Wednesday, October 20, 2021

PERSPECTIVE

 PERSPECTIVE...

172 fully staffed ICU beds, 14 fully staffed paediatric ICU beds in NZ, for the team of 5 million.
If you are 80 and get COVID and are unvaccinated 1:7 chance of dying. Vaccinated x 2 doses this improves to 1:140.
If you are 50 and unvaccinated 1:70 chance of dying improving to 1:1400 if you’ve had 2 vaccine doses!

ICU will be at capacity in minutes with widespread community transmission. Improve your chances.
Source: ANZICs
I have copied this from a friend's post who works in ICU. Sobering stats πŸ€”



The only way out of lockdowns and massive restrictions, that are seeing dozens of businesses close weekly, and people lose their livelihood, is to GET VACCINATED.
Do it for the greater good.

And so I can go shopping again. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜† But seriously, it's getting worse not better here.

edit: PLEASE don't think I'm scaremongering or trying to put pressure on ANYONE to get vaccinated. I'm just concerned.
WELL... OK, I will put pressure on my own family members, cos I would like to see them again.

I procrastinated so much yesterday. I did NO sewing, even though I love sewing, and have heaps to do.
But motivation is low again... feeling lethargic and blah.

Perhaps I need to get out and walk some more? That might pick me up.
Worth a try.

ABOVE:  One positive of lockdown?  You don't have to be around idiots!


9.55 am:  And I took myself off for a walk.  It wasn't a long walk by any means, and it was already damn hot.
But I feel better for it.

ABOVE:  Not the best photo of me (all hot and bothered), but a lovely one of our local park.

Steve?  Still home.  I tried talking him into going to A & E for a proper check up.  He's not going.  I could throttle him.  Seriously.

It's now 10.30 am, and I've just had some toasted muesli.  And who cares that it's not 'breakfast' time any more?  Not me.
I'm on... "I do what I want, when I want time".

I was not going to hang anything else on my walls until after the carpet was done, and cos all the smaller 'wall type things' are packed up in the garage.
I am not planning on re-hanging some of the things either.  I had far too much on me walls.

But these:

ABOVE: These two pottery and molten glass birds?  I was given then as a gift from a very dear friend of mine many years ago.  They found a new home...

ABOVE:  I umm'ed and aah'ed about putting them there for days.  Now they are there, and I'm happy with their placement.

DOGSTARS:  I have re-positioned them, just for YOU. lol


I don't know why, but I'm still procrastinating about getting into the sewing room!  

12.10 pm: And I'm still procrastinating.  I just did my 2nd 'click and collect'... I bought some 'special purpose' paint for our wet room. 
 
It's the last room needing painting, and I will be doing it sometime soon.
That room WAS clearly painted just before we bought the house, but they used shit paint, which is not standing up to the purpose of the room.  

And now... I might go vacuum my sewing room, and then make something.

OR NOT!  I made our lunch.

ABOVE:  I made club sandwiches, just like the shop ones, just not trimmed of their crusts.  I couldn't be arsed doing that!
I think they look as good as the bakery's ones.

Finally!  I got into the sewing room, and cut out and stitched up a couple of things.  It was awesome.

Dinner this evening was beef sausages, lettuce salad and a spud.  Hellers Beef Sausages... don't buy them.  They were not flash at all.  Way too much filler, tasteless and just a waste of money.

Won't buy them again.

Now?  The usual.  Watch TV. Feet up. Still cool in the evenings, so blankie on too.
Catch ya tomorrow.

21 comments:

  1. Yip and still ppl dont abide by the rules so many selfish morons in the country. Yip ppl and bizz will suffer but do we want to be like russia 1000 ppl dying in one day.
    My heart bleeds fir the majority intveiwed on news cant get there latte and KFC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Covid update today. So true.
    I am sorry it got out of hand in NZ. It sucks. I know your quarantines sucked last year but it kept your country safe long enough to get meds, vaccines, treatments, and even PPE (personal protective equipment) ! When Covid let loose in the USA hospitals could get gowns, masks, etc... Things are bit better than that now at least for staff. But full hospitals are the problem now because of the unvaccinated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. typo alert: "could not get gowns...."

      Delete
  3. Steve - go get checked out. Or I will have to join your Mum in "throttling" you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well - me thinks you should switch the two birds around so they are facing each other in a loving way instead of having their backs to one another. I like the placement one higher - just literally switch the two birds on the nails that are already in place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Boss. Done Boss.

      Delete
    2. YES... I was just going to say this so thank you Dogstars. The birds must face each other. Please keep an eye on Steve Chris, maybe go and see how he's doing?

      Delete
    3. Yay! Happy Birdies!

      Delete
  5. It is shocking to hear the stories here (USA) now of just how sick the unvaccinated are getting. Severe symptoms. Hospitalized and then too sick to go home, they are discharged to rehab nursing homes.

    Pretty much now, if we hear of someone we know who has Covid and is in hospital really sick or dying, these are always unvaccinated people.

    Vaccinated people are still getting sick, but it is a mild case, just a few days of feeling sick.

    These are not random stories, these are people we know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Vickie, that is staggering. Utter stupidity.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous2:10 PM

    Sangers look great! Saw the pic and thought you'd been to the bakery again lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kiwionholidays2:41 PM

    Wow don’t put yourself down Chris you are getting through things at a rate of knots,
    Love the park pic n the birds are stunning ,,

    Each day you add such neat n interesting pics n things ,
    Hope Steve comes good after a few days rest , as Mums we never stop worrying but they do what they do

    We brought a new vanity for our Reno’s through marketplace, and got it for half price so that was a happy pickup yesterday, ready for unlockdown for full on renovations to start πŸ•ΊπŸΏπŸŽΈπŸ˜·

    Take care n Aroha from across the ditch ☃️

    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karina, I hope you get to do your renovations soon!

      Delete
  8. That sandwich looks amazing. Is that beetroot on its own in the middle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I only had chunky beetroot, but it works just fine.

      Delete
  9. Anonymous3:37 PM

    Sandwich looks yummy! I think I see ham, lettuce, beet slices (pickled?) and egg salad. Am I right, and is there anything else? Three pieces of bread?

    A Fan in Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ham, Lettuce, Mayo, beetroot, not pickled, cheese and onion.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous7:26 PM

      Cheese and onion? I've never heard of that combination before; I Googled and found recipes. Might have to try it myself!

      A Fan in Canada

      Delete
  10. I totally agree with your "perspective". We are now easing out of 14 weeks hard lockdown only because 80% of the adults in NSW are double vaxxed. I think it's an incredible result and I'm so happy that some normality is coming back. Vaxxed is the only way to go: like it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy sammies πŸ‘πŸ‘ second vaccination due for us 6th November my parents will be 100% next week. Been back to the doctor bruised tail bone and need another x-ray as I may have broken my wrist or scaffoid bone FFS πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.