Saturday, October 16, 2021

BIT MORE...

 TITIVATING.

Yep, today we shall be putting some finishing touches to the bathrooms.

Putting up towel rails, paper holders and so on.

Steve MIGHT come over and help Stew, but that will depend on how he's feeling.

I have not contacted them this morning because I know they like to sleep in on the weekends.  Don't wanna wake anyone up!

I hope Steve is feeling a bit better, he sure hasn't been too good the past few days.  He could hardly walk, and was in a lot of pain. 




ABOVE:  So yeah... sums up my mood today. 

ABOVE:  My mission today is to clean 6 windows on the East side of the house.  This one is in our ensuite, it's so filthy I almost cringe when I look at it!  Dust and dirt... disgusting.


ABOVE: how about something gorgeous?  Well ... I think our postcard sized garden is gorgeous.

So happy it's all blooming.  I missed seeing this last year, as I was in Australia.

Well... that's me for now, catch ya later.


11.25:  What a wonderful morning!
Steve and Bex arrived with brunch (McMuffins), and then...

ABOVE:  Steve is putting rails up, and the big mirror in the family bathroom.

ABOVE: And Bex decided to do my vacuuming!

ABOVE:  The little boys staying entertained.  Tablets and food.  Works every time.

AND finally for now, they arrived with an early birthday present for me.
I hinted that a few more hearts would be nice on my bedroom wall...



ABOVE:  WE just love it. Very unique.  Thanks Steve 'n' Bex.  Now... what do I get 'on the day'?  πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‹πŸ˜‚

ABOVE: And just like that, all the bits 'n' bobs are installed in the bathrooms.
I just LOVE the mirror in the family bathroom, almost MORE than the LED mirror in our ensuite!

ABOVE:  On the vanity in the family bathroom.  πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’œπŸ’–πŸ’›  Love it, had it for YEARS!

Poor Steve is still hobbling around, all his joints ache, but the burning sensation has gone.  Healthline staff said if he gets worse he needs to see his Doctor.   He reckons it's getting better, but looking at how he's moving?  I'm not so sure.

2.20 pm:  And it's back to just us.  Stew is enjoying rugby on the TV, and I'm contemplating my next project.
The bathrooms are now 90% finished.  We just need to put up the little tiles along the side and back of the vanities, and I won't be doing that until I can buy the tiles in person.
NO RUSH.

I think I'll have a quiet afternoon ... a nana nap might be involved.  And I think a silly bugger dinner is on the cards.

3.50 pm:  Well I canned the idea of the nap.
And made a banana cake with some old na'na's.
It smells divine!

And then I got a phone call from Animates.  Their groomer resigned, and all the dog groom appointments had to be cancelled!
I'm like DAMN!
Both girls are desperate for a groom.

So I got on the phone and rang around about 8 groomers.  Most were fully booked, or did not answer their phones or texts.
Then finally, I got a call back from a groomer not far from our home.
They get groomed TOMORROW!

Fingers crossed it's a good groom.  If not, well lesson learnt.  And I've already booked their next groom (in January) with Pet Essentials in Rototuna.

Talking of the dogs, they had an afternoon playdate with the boys.  They are now home, happy as larry.  They just love going there.

Stew decided we are having Honey King Prawns for dinner, from Noodle Club.  I'm already drooling.

ABOVE:  I don't 'bake' very often.  Happy to say this Banana Cake turned out well, Stew was very appreciative. 

9.14 pm:  Our dinner was fantastic!  And now?  I'm going to have an early night.  
Catch ya tomorrow.

14 comments:

  1. I love the "f*ck off idiots" meme. I have a t shirt that says "Free Hugs - Just kidding don't touch me". Your garden is lovely, ours is blooming too, and as it's our first Spring here we are finding all sorts of surprises, including a port wine magnolia tree. Hope Steve is feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiwionholidays10:11 AM

    The wee garden is like a picture postcard
    Love it , still a fab garden but not loads of maintenance,

    Good on you guys ,
    Take care catchup soon
    πŸ₯‚ Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:04 AM

    Your garden is beautiful. Awesome colours. I hope Steve feels better soon. He is a wonderful son. Hope your day gets better. I'm going into town to pick up some succulents and start my collection again. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  4. The garden is beautiful. Our leaves are turning yellow and red and falling off the trees. Soon the snow will come. Hoping Steve is better - does he still have one more shot to go? BTW, my windows are far worse! I like the Goat idea, I would like to jump on stuff and eat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There’s always something to do around that’s for sure and it’s those little finishing touches that make all the difference. Hope Steve is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at those boys so good. Steve and Bex you must be so proud of your young men. Love the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh that's beautiful 😍 they're so good hope Steve is feeling better poor bugger πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe see a doctor anyway Steve? You can't be too careful. I love love love that paua heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:02 PM

    Love the lobster dish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:55 PM

    Your garden looks absolutely beautiful. What an amazing job you have done.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kiwionholidays1:08 AM

    Paula heart is awesome.
    Such kindness which goes round where you are

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend
    Love all the home updates ,your enthusiasm is catching,,☕️πŸ’―

    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have six month old puppies at our house, sisters. Love them! Finding groomers is very hard. Many places are not taking new clients. I guess it is from the dog boom. Many people got puppies during lock down.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bathroom is really nice and the heart is so pretty. Your yard is so beautiful. I love Spring and love looking at your pictures, because we are going into Fall and it feels like Winter, unusually cold here now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The garden is so pretty! Mine is in desperate need of some TLC!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.