Saturday, October 30, 2021

LAST BIG PUSH

 Today and tomorrow is our last big push to get everything off the floors, ready for new carpet coming on Wednesday.

Lacy and Griffin are going to give us a hand to move the bigger stuff today.

Tomorrow Stew and I will concentrate on getting all the doors off their hinges and putting them in the garage.

I will be numbering each door so we know where it belongs, when it goes back.

By the end of today we should only have a couple of lounge chairs and our bed and bedside drawers left to move on Tuesday night.

I feel like we are well ahead of the game, so to speak.

But that's just me.  I hate leaving anything till the last minute.

I should have heard from the Carpet Court Install lady yesterday, confirming all the details for Wednesday.  *sigh*  I will have to ring them today to make damn sure they are coming on Wednesday.  I'll be furious if it isn't happening on Wednesday!

Imagine going to all this bother and they don't turn up.  I would have to kill someone.  Slowly.

And that's me for now.  I will get some housework done (washing etc) before the kids come around.

Catch ya later.


11.20 am:  And between Lacy, Stew and I we have moved almost everything.  Just a few more things and it's done.
I rang Carpet Court to confirm the carpet is coming on Wednesday.  He is going to check and ring me back... in five minutes.  
It's now been..... 35 minutes and counting.

ABOVE:  Steve sent me a photo of his 'breakfast'.  Nice.

ABOVE:  FYI:  Barbie is 85 years old today.


ABOVE:  And it's done. 
This afternoon Stew will remove 16 doors.
Last minute things on Tuesday night.

And we are still awaiting the Carpet Court man's return phone call.....

And... it's now 3.30 pm and I've given up on hearing from Bryan from Carpet Court.  He can be relied upon to be consistent if nothing else!  He does NOT get back to you, you have to hound him to get results/answers.
Not impressed at all.

Stew and I are now literally twiddling our thumbs, nothing to do!  I might get back into the sewing room soon.  At least I have that to do.

I tried having a nap late this afternoon.  No luck.
So I joined Stew in the lounge and we just relaxed and watched tv!
Stew made us amazing chicken burgers and wedges for dinner.

Then... more TV!  So lazy.  But perhaps we needed it.
Off to bed very soon.
Catch ya tomorrow.

17 comments:

  1. Stab them 16 times 🤣🤣💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or have the black cat with a knife stab them 16 times in the chest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:36 AM

    Geez their service is very poor. I'd be pissed off enough too. Fingers x for you. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow there will be sparks coming out your ears if they postponed for any reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:00 PM

    We actually had that happen! We had everything moved except mattresses in the bedroom floors only to receive a phone call the night before to say that the carpet had arrived but when they went to pack it on the truck they realised it was damaged 😡 We had to live like that for a week until the new carpet arrived. Not fun but we have a good laugh about how that is as close as I will ever get to camping now 😂🤣😂 Michelle from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:00 PM

    Wow, Carpet Court don't seem to know the definition of "customer service", hopefully you will hear soon. That's a lot of pills - does he have to take any with food - if so, two breakfasts!! Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought most carpet installations did the doors as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not Carpet Court! I was told we would have to remove all the doors. If I'd wanted them to move the furniture they were going to charge me $455 extra.

      Delete
  8. I am so surprised at what you have to do to get new carpet! Our doors that opened onto a bathroom didn't need taking off so we only needed 3 doors removed (and we didn't do it so I presume the carpet layers did). They moved all the furniture as well and put it back. What a mission for you guys to to it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:46 PM

      It was the same with us - guess I wouldn't be recommending Carpet Court unless they do a great job laying the carpet, that is if I were Chris and Stew. Audrey

      Delete
  9. Wow I hope for their sake they ring back and great job you will be done and dusted by Friday…… next week how exciting
    Enjoy the rest of your day

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have shopped around maybe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5:57 PM

    I would have rung them and threatened to cancel, see how fast they ring back then

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure there's something, somewhere in the small print, that means we can't cancel this close to installation.

      Delete
  12. Crossing my fingers for those carpet people. You e done a tremendous amount of preparation. They had damn we'll be there on the day.
    Here's hoping the work gets done and you love the result .

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so frustrating. That is how my septic guy was. I was like good God people pick a day and time and show up.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.