Wednesday, July 21, 2021

WHAT NOISE?

 Well, we may have 5 blowers/heaters blasting the damp patch in our hallway, but it didn't keep us awake at all!

With the hallway door, and our bedroom door closed, we could hardly hear the noise.

It's like a sauna in there though.  I won't even bother opening the door.

I won't be going anywhere today (or the next 2 days), as I don't think it's safe to leave those machines on without being in the house.

So... I have a quiet day ahead of me.

I've still got a bit of a residual cough, but it's not too bad now.  Just annoying.

I'm hoping to start walking with my FBG group again on Saturday.  We have a mini mid winter challenge.  Just to motivate those who have fallen off the walking wagon.  Me being one of them... thanks to being sick.  So I'm really hoping my cough is gone by then.

My plans for the day?  Ironing a few more shirts.  That's about it!

Catch ya later.


1.10 pm:  Missing in action! lol
Nah, just been busy.

ABOVE:  First up, DOGSTARS:  this is why I'm not doing me puzzle.  The puzzle board is covered in containers of ornaments and the like.
I might get it all off there eventually and get back to it.

ABOVE:  I decided to pop out to Spotlight and get some sheer voile to put net up on me windows.
I was only out for about half an hour.
I'm sure the blowers are safe to leave, surely?

ABOVE: Bex stopped in on her way to the supermarket (again), to see if there was anything I needed.
I asked her to get me more yoghurt.
AND I gave the boys bags of lollies... cos yesterday I succumbed and ate some.
Best thing is just to not have any in the house!

ABOVE:  Lastly for now, my  BOO BOO.
I had a phone holder that stuck on the dash.  It kept falling off, so I superglued it in place.  And it still fell off.  But it left a bloody mess on me dash.
So I've finally done the best I could to get it all off (photo is before I got it off).  Now I'm using a suction one on the windscreen.  
I  hope that one stays put.

It's now lunchtime.  Yoghurt for me.
Then the ChemDry bloke is coming over to check on the carpet/wall drying progress.

2.10 pm:  And he's been, checked it out and gone again, to return tomorrow.
He's happy with how it's drying.  The carpet itself? 

ABOVE:  Once it's all dry, he will clean the carpet and then we will know if all that staining will come out. 

5.25 pm:   Eeee gad, it got dark at 4.30 today!  Talk about dismal weather.
Oh well... I shan't complain too much, I totally prefer winter to summer.

I did something just now that made me exhausted!  I'll show ya what tomorrow.  For now, I better start cooking dinner.

6.53 pm:  Dinner is over, he had to cook it himself!  I ended up feeling quite ill with a headache late this afternoon.  Oh well, shit happens.
We are almost ready to head over to Steve 'n' Bex's for a shower.
Hope we get a new hot water cylinder soon!

9.40 pm:  You don't realise how much you will miss a nice hot shower, until ya can't have one.
Thank goodness the kids are just up the road!
It's now time to chill out and watch Coronation Street.

9 comments:

  1. ugh I can't even imagine the noise! We had a flood at work once and it was horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. iS THAT THE PUZZLE i HEAR CALLING? iF YOU ARE STUCK HOME FOR A FEW DAYS - that could mean 20 pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a pain to have a flood, but very happy to hear it's not keeping you awake!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way Archer is holding his bag of lollies. Ain't noone getting of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If its stained Chris, big chunk of the payment for the new carpet should be yours. Perhaps the silver lining on such a shitty thing happening again. I remember when it happened when you lived here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully the stains won't come out! Genuine accident and you have insurance. Our insurance paid a caah amount as they couldn't match up the carpet -- that amount covered re-carpeting the entire house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha pak n save dosnt have everything I like and it was so low in stock coz of stock take and yea Im picky 😅 🤷‍♀️ lol you got ya youghurt 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can’t believe it takes so long for a new system o be installed OMG

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wouldn't that be something? If the carpet was ruined and you had to replace it...... What a bummer!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.