Thursday, July 08, 2021

BEST THING WE DID FOR HER

 Before Bylee left home (read: I STRONGLY encouraged her to leave), I despaired that she would ever become self sufficient.

Particularly when it came to cooking, cleaning, taking care of herself.  She relied on us far, far too  much.

Then she left.  And the apron strings were firmly cut.  I made her slowly but surely take care of herself.

And I'm so proud of her now!

She cooks, she cleans, she makes adult decisions and is doing so well!  

ABOVE:  This was her dinner last night. Shepard's Pie.  

I knew she had it in her!

Just like ALL our kids.... they learn if they have to.

When Stew was in Rotorua on Tuesday, he went shopping.

And he found more 'Fidget/Poppit' toys for our toybox.

ABOVE:  Looking good!  Now they can all play with them happily.

If I see any more that we don't have, I will snap them up ... of course.  😊😏

Now, back to today.  I don't plan on doing much again today.   I'm still coughing, but not as much.  My energy levels are at an all time low, as is my mood.

I'm sure I'll bounce back once I get over this cold.


Did I say I wasn't coughing as much?  Ha ha ha!

Wrong.  I slept on the couch last night because I didn't want to disturb Stew.

Remember those onion rings I had for dinner?

OMG... within two hours of having them I started feeling sick as a dog.  My stomach actually HURT, and the waves of nausea ?  Horrendous.

I won't be having them ever again!

So, it was a dreadful night.  I'm utterly exhausted.

Just lying in bed seems to make the coughing worse, so I'm now sitting in me lazy boy chair.

I have decided I must be quite ill... when you have to decide what to eat judged on how it will 'come back up', it's bad.

I had a pottle of yoghurt yesterday, it was wonderful.  Came back nicely.  Unlike ONION RINGS.  TMI?  😆😅😂

I'm going to ring around and see who can visit a supermarket for me.  I would like some more yoghurt but don't think I should inflict myself and me germs on anyone.

PETA:  Brylee is extremely happy in her new place!  She is with 4 other 20 somethings, 1 guy and three girls.  They all get along so well. 

And... just like that, I have some yoghurt.

ABOVE: Bex called in with some.  She stayed for a while, it was nice to have someone to chat to.  I just hope she doesn't get my bug.

ABOVE:  This is the yoghurt I eat.  It's delicious.  I tried it a few years ago, and won't eat any other variety now.

Bex has now left, and I'm about to try to catch 40 winks in me chair.

LEEANN:  That's very interesting!  I didn't know it was Greek Yoghurt at all.  Clearly, I hate the plain, unflavoured Greek Yoghurt then. 😊 

4.45 pm: And we have a win.  Not lost me yoghurt today!  I've felt a bit queasy, but not thrown up.

Tonight I'm cooking lamb rissoles with a side of cheesy pasta.

I think I'm done trying to totally cut carbs from our diet.  It's too hard when you just don't feel well, and all ya want is 'comfort food'.

I suck at diets.  Let's get real.  I constantly go one one... last a little while, then fall right off that wagon again.

Though, I AM losing weight.  Slowly but surely.  In the past 9 months I have lost 11 kilos.  It's not a huge amount, but every little bit counts right?

11.07 pm:  Another horrible night ahead of me I think.  I felt fine after dinner (apart from coughing), but now?  I feel dreadfully nauseous again.  I wonder if it's due to all the mucus going down my throat, combined with dinner?  

Either way, I feel like shit.

Gosh I hope I'm feeling a lot better tomorrow, I'm kinda over this!

15 comments:

  1. Well done Brylee!! Don't worry about buying too many of those popper things, they'll be 'out of fashion' before you know it :) Nice to have things when the kids come though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to have dinner at Brylee's house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris you may have the RSV virus that’s going around? That pie looks delish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:05 AM

    Hi Brylee's dinner looks good...is she happier in the new accommodation ?

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pie looks awesome. Brylee clearly suits the new flat & being with a group her own or similar age.

    I am sure one of the kids will be able to pop out & get some yoghurt & anything else you need today.

    I hope you feel better soon but resting is the best thing you can do for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could you do delivery from countdown Chris. I started doing it in lockdown it's was bloody fantastic no walking the aisle and grocery shopping

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leeann12:58 PM

    That yoghurt is greek yoghurt which when in MIQ you said you hated!!!! I think maybe you tasted an unsweeted greek yoghurt in the past and thought all greek yoghurts taste like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must say, when you mentioned eating onion rings on an empty stomach last night I was like whaaaaaaaaaa? Really hope you are feeling better today!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That’s great news about Brylee. Sorry to hear you’re not feeling well. Rest and fluids could help. Do you like soup. So many varieties from clear soups, puréed and the more traditional chunky soups (which I’d assume you would want to avoid at the moment). Chicken noodle soup with the noodles strained or tomato or pumpkin soup may be nice and soothing for your throat and tummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 11kg is awesome. Dont put yourself down. You've been through a ton of crap so i think its great it wasn't 11kg on!! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  11. So good to be 11kg down - stressful year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Emily’s gona LOVE that toy box! Make sure you check her bag when she leaves tho!! Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kiwionholidays11:53 PM

    💐💐🌹🌹👍🍇
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done Brylee. Hope you are feeling better. 11KG down great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Smack Smack!!! Are you crazy? You lost 11 Kilos and you are not proud of that!! That is amazing! I know Americans are a bit behind the times as far as math goes and our inability to use the very logical metric system. BUT............. That is 24 pounds! A KILO is a lot of weight so maybe it doesn't seem like you are losing much because the number is only 11. But translate that to pounds and it's 24 pounds! Congratulations. That is well done!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.