Friday, July 30, 2021

SIDE EFFECTS?

 Well.... I sleep on my left side.

And it's me left arm that had the jab.

So, it's a bit sore this morning.

When I went to bed last night I was feeling quite headachy, and a bit nauseous.  

I still have the headache and well... that's about it.

Quite normal from all accounts.

I am going to stay in bed for a while this morning.  The last couple of days I've had to get up earlier than I'd like for tradespeople, so it will be nice to just lie here and read the news.

Once me feet start twitching, I will get up.

I feel like going shopping!

Frustratingly, there is bugger all I need or want.

I might check out the pantry/fridge/freezer and see if there's anything we need, and go grocery shopping?  The weekend is coming up and we almost always have visitors, which means a few more mouths to feed.

So there ya go... I don't feel too bad after the 1st Covid Vaccination... and it's gunna be an excellent day.


10.10 am:  I have just spent the past hour or so tidying up all the linen, and moving it onto the spare queen bed.


ABOVE:  It was a really good job to do, as now I've weeded out all the really old linen that can be thrown out.   I've also got a pile to give away too.
We had far too much linen.

Don't be fooled though by that lot.  I've got another linen cupboard full of pillows and blankets!  Not to mention what's under the spare queen bed.  I can't even remember what's under there!

Perhaps I will sort that lot out another day, once that linen is back in the hot water cupboard.

So, now that's done I am going to sit and relax for a little while.  My arm is still sore, but I'm doing what the nurse said and using it, so it doesn't feel worse.  Other than the arm, I feel fine now.

Well... some people.  😂😅😆

I'm having such a happy morning, pottering around the house.  Feeling like myself again, even got some energy!

12.45 pm:  And I've just had Amanda here visiting me.  So nice when me kids just pop in for a cuppa.  😊

I'm about to have me lunch... baked beans 'n' eggs on toast.  With some grated cheese on top. 
It will be my 'main' meal of the day.  Tonight I will just have some yoghurt.

Stew will be getting Chicken steaks, smashed potato and some salad for his dinner.  I'm sure he will love it.

Oh my, lunch was delicious!  Stew might not like me tonight when I start 'passing wind' from eating baked beans!  Gotta love me.

9.30 pm:  Such a good day!  Stew arrived home and had his yummy dinner.  I'm about to have a little yoghurt, and watch Coronation Street.
Thank god it's not been bumped off the telly in favour of the Olympics.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like the day is off to a good start. I have done NOTHING productive today at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:04 AM

    You can choose which arm you have the vaccine in so perhaps next time you could have it in the right arm - just a thought. The nurse in Rotorua asked which arm we wanted. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. My arm was sore for about two days and I couldn't sleep that side. It wasn't sore after the second jab though. *note to self... go and sort my linen* :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:10 AM

    Haha. I love that. Be real happy and people wonder what you're up to! I need to cull my linen. Done even go in the cupboard as my towels etc are on shelves in my bathroom and my sheets in my bottom drawer. Spare sheets in drawer in spare bedroom. Only me! Have a great day Chris. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:30 AM

    I am right handed but sleep mostly on my left arm as well, so I had mine in the right arm which was a good move, but I didn't really have any pain anyway...I had the Astra Zeneca over here in Australia.

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovly photo Chris...i too have too much linen and given i live alone and only have 3 single beds in the house y im saving queen and king duvet covers is leading to becoming a hoarder...but they r pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photo of you and so lovely to hear you so happy and upbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to hear the vaccine is not inconveniencing you too much. Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.