Tuesday, July 27, 2021

OFF TO SPOTLIGHT

 Well, once I drag my butt outta bed, I'm going to Spotlight to get more Voile.

This time for the family room window.

But actually, before that... I might just pop into Steve 'n' Bex's and grab a shower.

We have not heard from the plumber yet about a replacement hot water cylinder.  Slightly frustrating.

Our insurance company has been excellent with keeping in touch (AA Insurance).  They are getting Carpet Court to come out and re-attach the existing carpet, then ChemDry will come back and clean it.  And we will go from there once we know what sort of condition it is in after cleaning.

Either way, we are obviously still getting new carpet in a few months.

Right, that's me for now.  I'll be back later on.


11.55 am:  It's been a very successful morning.

I got the new voile and will probably cut and sew it up over the next couple of days.
Then I went to the supermarket for a few supplied.
I've just had lunch and now I'm going to take a break for a little while.

ABOVE:  This is the new voile for the family room window.  I love the small detail along the bottom.

So, I just had a nice visit from Lacy and her girlfriend 'T'. After they left (with left overs), Lacy messaged me.

ABOVE:  It would appear we are back to hiding the $20 note.  😌
She left it inside a tablet case.  Not very original Lacy.  I found it immediately.

So, I went into the sewing room to cut the new voile in half, down the length, so I'd end up with two full length curtains.
Folded it, lay it on the floor ready to cut and OMG!



Realised I was about to cut it into FOUR!  Shook my head and walked out of there.
Clearly I'm too tired to be doing that today.

Almost made a BIG boo boo.
It can wait till tomorrow now.

10.08 pm:  Another lovely evening... wrapped up in me blanket with hot wheat bags on my toes.
BLISS.  
Catch ya tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. I can’t believe you’re still waiting for your hot water. Is there a supply problem causing the delay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that voile. I am getting more and more tempted!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhh that’s gorgeous voile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiwionholidays2:51 PM

    Hope the hwc gets done very soon for you guys,
    Nice catchup with Lacy n friend n a quick find of the 20;lol

    Lovely sunny weather for us , makes it fell not so lockdowny ,,

    Take care
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just thought I'd try make it easy for you being we have both been a bit down and yukky, didn't want to over work you or myself.

    #Lacy 💙

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad u had a nice visit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice voile, it's going to look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every time I visit, you are super active and busy.
    Glad you caught the mistake before you made the cut!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.