Wednesday, July 14, 2021

COLDEST DAY?

 

ABOVE: This is our weather forecast for today.

-3 C ! (26 F) OMG that's gotta be the coldest start to a day yet this winter (here in Hamilton).

You can bet your bottom dollar I'm staying in bed LATE today.

I don't envy anyone having to get up and go out in that sort of freezing weather.

I drew on our floor yesterday:

ABOVE:  When we get our new flooring, I'm getting carpet put under the bar stools and a bit more in front of the kitchen area.

I have always disliked the way the lino pokes out into the family room so much.

What do you think?  It was Steve's idea where to put the black line btw. 

It's another little duck in the row. 😊☝

I don't have any plans for today, except perhaps another little walk.  

There is still very little motivation to do any crafts/sewing etc.  I'm hoping like hell it comes back once I'm feeling better?

11 am:  And yep, it was a doozy frost this morning!  I got up for a piddle, took one look outside and went straight back to bed.
And I stayed there (asleep) until 10.15!
Since then, I've been fluffing around the house, got the washing on, fed the fish, and so on.

Bex and the boys are due to visit soon. Which means our new toys will get played with.  I wonder what they will think of them?



ABOVE:  The boys enjoyed playing with all the new toys.  I found an old Connect Four game, so they enjoyed that too.

It was really nice to have visitors.  Been on my own every week day for 10 days now.

So once they left (at lunchtime) I popped out to try and find warmer beds for the girls.

ABOVE:  I could only find one that was sure to be cosy.  So hopefully they share it!

ABOVE:  Before the girls went to the groomers, they had NO FLEAS.
Now?  Yep, fleas.  So damn frustrating.  Flea treatment shit ain't cheap.  Add that to the grooming fees and yeah, grrrrrrr!

Right, it's almost 2 pm.  Time for some lunch.

6.35 pm:  I had yoghurt for lunch.  It's so lovely.
Then I did some washing, folding and putting away.  We had almost run out of tea towels, so it was NECESSARY.  😆😑😓

I've not coughed AT ALL this afternoon!  So happy about that.  Definitely almost better.


I'm cooking Butter Chicken for dinner, with Cauliflower Rice.  We really love it as an alternative to real rice.

Stew loved his butter chicken, so nice when he loves his dinner.  I have been trying hard to continue making nice dinners, even though I've been quite ill.
Thank god I'm feeling better.

Time to sign off for the day.  Catch ya tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. I am sure your Mojo will return when you are not fighting an illness.
    The new carpet layout will look good. The only consideration is spills on the carpet there, rather than an easy clean surface. Grandkids and so on......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought same as dogstar but the kidlets are probably tidy eaters now so risk of spills way less than few years ago. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find the husband spills more than the grandkids!! What sort of floor are you considering for the kitchen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did they get fleas AT THE GROOMER?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiwionholidays6:12 PM

    Interesting about the wee dogs.Chris nothing for the fur babies comes cheap does it???

    we puppy share a jrt and it’s given tablet monthly called nexgard,
    The chemists charge $110:for. 6 pack but younger one got some online for us delivery to door for $80; including postage,,,such a saving

    Lovely seeing those wee boys n the toys always a happy crew.
    Hope you are feeling much better this afternoon,,

    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kiwionholidays6:14 PM

    PS love the wee dogs bed so warm looking .
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummy dinner!!!.... my boys are obsessed with Indian food lololol xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG fleas, how annoying. Good to hear you are on the mend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.