Friday, July 23, 2021

VOILE

 Yep.  Voile.

It makes gorgeous net curtains.

But OMFG, it's a nightmare to work with.

I managed to get two, JUST TWO, cut out late yesterday afternoon.

Today I'm gunna sew the edges and heading tape on, and see how I go.

I hope that can be done without too much swearing and cursing!  

I'd really love to get the two done for the lounge today.

After lunch I've got a doctor's appointment.  Just a check up, see how my Hba1c levels are, and to just check the usual stuff.

Now, it's still fairly early, so I shall just roll over and catch a few more Zzzz's.  

Catch ya later.


11.30 am:  And I've managed to get ONE net curtain sewn up and hung.


ABOVE:  The 'before' and 'after' photos. 
I love it.
But the next one can wait till much later today!

ABOVE:  Bex  has taken the boys to some bouncy playground ... and they were having so much fun!
UNTIL...

ABOVE: This little guy fell off.  I hope he's over it and back to having fun again.

Now.. it's time to put some face on, seeing as I'm going out soon-ish.

3.37 pm.  Well my visit to the Dr went well.
I went primarily because the cough is still lingering, though not as bad.

He's now put me on anti biotics. He said as my cough is going on so long it's likely to be a bacterial chest infection.  He's also changed the inhaler to one that he thinks will work better... and I've got more Gees Linctus.
Fingers crossed all that works and I am over this lingering cough soon.
OH, I have also lost 4.5 kilos.

Only upside of being sick I suppose.

I don't have another Hba1c blood test for 6 more weeks.  I had hoped to get one now to see how that's going.  Never mind, I'm sure in 6 weeks time there will be a good drop.

I've had a quiet afternoon, just watching a crime show on Netflix.  Doubt I'll get in the mood for sewing another curtain today.  😂
It's gone all wet and miserable again.  Ikkky weather.

9.27 pm:  Well, another week has bitten the dust.  And a relaxing weekend with Stew is ahead.  Catch ya tomorrow.

20 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:57 AM

    Enjoy your zzzz's lol. I've got to drive into Wgtn hospital for another CT scan so they can start planning my radiation. That'll be 5 days a week for 3 weeks. I'm tired already. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sitting at inflatable world while the boys bounce around. Felt bad not doing much these holidays haha. Hope ya doc appointment goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good morning!... we've had nice weather all week, but drizzly and cold today. We are in hard lockdown as you know. We can only go out once a day, one person a day. We can't go more than 10km and all shops are closed except chemist and food shops. We are in our 3rd week and it's horrible. I realised I must be an extrovert in this life because staying home allllllll day every day is making me miserable. Oh and I'm home schooling both boys too. Hideous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10kms, arent you lucky. SA is 2.5kms and Victoria is 5km again. I do feel for the people in Melbourne when they spent months in hard lockdown last year and in some cases unable to leave their apartment

      Delete
    2. I'm in SA and 2.5 km isn't very far in either direction. Yesterday I went south, today(oh the excitement) I'll go north! Saving east and west for the weekend...

      Delete
    3. agree: 2.5km is nothing! I'd hardly make it to the supermarket!!!... but we have groceries delivery mostly now. For the amount I buy (usually over $350 a week) it's actually free so why would I haul a** to the shops and back, wasting so much time? I love online delivery!!!

      Delete
  4. You are meant to pull the gathering string on that tape so that it sits properly and doesn't gape. It shouldn't look like that. What fiddly fabric to sew but you know that already :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree, the string needs to be pulled and they will look fabulous

      Delete
  5. I love net curtains, we have them on all of our windows here. Not home made though. Poor little Archer that graze must have hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope u get good results at doctor. Im complete opposite i dislike nets on windows tok them down...i do have some hedging blocking out the stret though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops. I hope the little one was able to bounce back and keep on Bouncin".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Curtain looks great! Damn about that cough. So cold here today, feels like NZ weather 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  9. What Crime shows do you like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most true crime docos. Cold Case. FBI Files. Some crime movies. I hate unsolved mysteries!

      Delete
  10. Cough has hit this house too 😑not good.

    Love the voile

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like what I had when I first went to the doctor he said it was viral. Then after a week of constant coughing and vomiting I went back and my own doctor put me on some penicillin – antibiotics. I started to come right within a couple of days. So hopefully same for you

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry I haven't commented lately Mum is really unwell tricky times unfortunately. Good to hear the doctors visit went well and I hope you have a nice and relaxing weekend Team Harvey 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry to hear about your Mum, I hope she recovers. Hang in there.

      Delete
  13. Hope you are feeling better soon. Have a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.