Tuesday, July 13, 2021

ON THE IMPROVE!!!!

 Yes!

The meds are definitely helping.

I'm feeling so much better, if fact, I'm going for a short walk this morning.

Time to start getting moving again.

I can't believe I've been lying around the house for a week already.

I will then come home and do some housework, I've literally done the bare minimum lately.

The wall panels?  Changed my mind AGAIN!

It's just as well I've had plenty of time up my sleeve to think about it!

Now I'm going with the original style ( vertical shiplap panels), but in MDF panels.  It's the same as the plywood shiplap panels, but as we can't get 9mm ply, it has to be MDF.

AND I can't do a whitewash effect on MDF, so it will be 'solid' paint like the rest of the walls.

I can't wait till we can get it all done!  But, getting the painter here?  Might take a while yet.  Not sure if we are going with a guy who works for the same company as Steve, or someone else yet.  It will depend on cost, and timing.

Have to get those ducks in a row... so it ties in with the carpet people.  I want the carpet put in as soon as possible after all the painting is done.

We are also getting new flooring in the bathrooms, but I've not settled on what to use in them yet.  Another duck to sort out.

It's exciting having so much on the go (so to speak), I thrive on being busy, having stuff to do.

That's why this past week has been bloody awful, not being up to doing anything at all.

I really hope this 'getting better' continues.  


1.40 pm:  And I've been keeping myself busy today.

First up I went for that little walk.  I visited our local playground, which is under renovation.  It's looking AMAZING!

ABOVE:  It says it's due to re-open in Early Winter... so looking at it right now I'd guess that's gunna be a month away at least.

ABOVE:  I tell ya what though, it's gunna be worth it!  The kids are gunna just love it.

ABOVE:  Being out in the crisp, fresh air was wonderful.  But it did make me cough, a lot.


After my walk I took my car down to the station as it was running on empty, then I popped into The Base for a couple of things.

Lucky I'm not that self conscience now days, cos lots of people stared at me with me mask on.  I was the only person I saw with one on.

ABOVE: Anyways.... I ended up getting a few more brain teaser/fidget toys for the toy box.  Now all I need is grandkids to come play with them.

And a new suction type phone holder for my car.  It wasn't the one I'd intended to get, but hopefully it's as good as.

Now... I'm going to have some salad for a late lunch.  I either end up having lunch around 11.30.... or after 2 for some reason.  After 2 is much better cos then I'm not so hungry at dinner time.  

7.15 pm:  Well we have a rather disappointing dinner tonight.  I'd bought one of those prepared dinners that you just had to heat up in the oven.

It was tasteless, even when I  added cheese and mushrooms.  Another one not to buy again.

It's been a quiet afternoon.  I was rather tired after my walk this morning.  To be expected considering how unfit I am now.

I'm going to wrap up in a blanket and watch mindless TV or You Tube for the rest of the evening.

Catch ya tomorrow.

14 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! You are definitely on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are feeling better and glad you have fun plans to occupy your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear the meds are helping 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better but keep trying to rest as much as you can so you get properly better faster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are on the mend. Those steroids really help get things going. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great recovery you have had. We have a dr shortage and it took me 2 weeks to get an appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you're on the mend but I have enjoyed the nite nite cats!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done wearing your mask. People forget that wearing it if you have just a cold means you aren’t going to pass it on to anyone else. Cause if someone in health care etc got your cold it’s an automatic covid test and days off waiting for results.
    So well done you for thinking about others!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just catching up and gosh you’ve been through the wars! That virus sounds awful/ so glad you e turned the corner. We are having to wear masks here constantly until Friday so you’d fit right in! Covid situation is getting scary in Sydney, I’m just hoping it doesn’t spread up to Brisbane.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never found those prepared meals any good...hope u have a good restful sleep and feel so much better tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg that playground is gona be so busy lol but it's gona be awsome the boys will love it. I was gona gonfor a walk then I ended up doing the lawns and pruning trees. I have lots more to do tho.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to hear you are starting to feel better. The playground looks fantastic. They kids will certainly enjoy themselves there. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are feeling better. That payground is going to be awesome your grands, as are the toys you bought.
    Keep getting better and better, no fun being ill.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous10:52 AM

    I love that horse! Kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.