Monday, July 05, 2021

USUAL MONDAY

 It's gunna be the usual Monday here.

Big tidy up after a busy weekend.

I didn't get a chance to paint any hearts over the weekend, so I'm hoping to get some done today.

ABOVE:  Stew did a little job for me on the weekend.  We have had his Mum's credenza for about 25 years.  It's always been difficult to open the doors as they didn't have any handles or knobs.  There are key holes, but no keys.

So a couple of weeks ago we ordered some knobs from Early Settler.  They arrived, and I asked Stew to put them on.

ABOVE:  Before and After.  They don't detract from it at all!  I'm really happy with the knobs, they look like they belong on it.

ABOVE:  Sorry, I just had to post this one of Archer and Marley!  Both adorable.  

And that's me for now.  I've got washing to get on, floors to vacuum, beds to straighten up, bla bla bla.


2.25 pm:   I just got home from being busy, out and about.
I'll do a better update once I've had something to eat... I've not eaten since yesterday and am starving!

3 pm:  And ahhhh, that's better!  Just had a toasted sandwich for me lunch.

So this morning I got the washing done, changed bed linen then took off for town.
I returned the carpet samples I had to Carpet Court.
We won't make a final decision on colour until we confirm a quote with whoever we go with.

Then I went to The Base for a few things.

ABOVE:  I didn't have cutlery on my list, but as it was 40% off, and we are always running out of forks for some reason, I decided to get some more.

ABOVE:  Then I went to The Warehouse and got a few more little toys for the toybox.  And more 'stick on bling and tattoos' for girls.

I had a hell of a job washing off the stick on tattoo the girls put on my forehead yesterday!  I can imagine both girls had a hard time getting them off too.  Is there something particular you are supposed to use to get them off?

I can't see me getting to do any painting today after all.  I've still got the vacuuming to do, and fold up washing.  😒

10.30 pm:  Pffff!  I didn't do much this afternoon or evening.  Me batteries ran down and I just lazed away the rest of the day!
Was nice though.  Sometimes it's good to just be lazy for a while.

Poor Stew ended up getting his own dinner... he had some soup and toast!  
Now... it's bedtime soon.  So, I'll catch ya tomorrow.

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece of furniture

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:34 PM

    That is a beautiful piece of furniture. Wow! And Archer, so gorgeous and so loving with the dogs. Maybe he'll want to move in! Lol Karen j

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done Stew!!.... looks amazing xxxx Have a great Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous heirloom, doesn’t detract at all. Happy Monday to you .

    ReplyDelete
  5. We use baby oil to remove the temporary tattoos from the kids. A little bit on a paper towel or cotton, soak for a few minutes, and it should wipe right off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use baby oil and rub it with a face washer to get temp tattoos off my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baby oil is what we have always used to get temporary tattoos off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coconut oil or olive oil will get the temporary tattoos off

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kiwionholidays6:26 PM

    I am loving that beautiful piece of furniture from your Mum, and the new handles Stew added you have to look really close to even see them, but will make a huge difference ,
    Those two in the pic ❤️ love it,
    That wee Marley plays to her admirer,💯
    Archer is such a natural with the fur baby
    Seems like you all had another busy weekend with lots more memories that you photographed so well to look back on ,

    I love the way you all get through the lists and don’t put things off for later , makes it so much easier and doesn’t become overwhelming,

    Enjoy your evening
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  10. The door knobs are perfect for your credenza. They blend in so nicely and I like the size of them too. I thought your tattoo was drawn on. ha! Shows you what I know:( I bet the kids will be surprised and thrilled with all the new toys and stick on bling you purchased for them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The knobs look great! So funny if you couldn't get the tattoo off and had to walk around with it. We were down to about 4 forks. I picked some up at the flea market and thrift store. I'm assuming they accidentally get thrown away or something.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.