Sunday, July 11, 2021

EXPERIMENT

 First up, my cough lingers.  Easing a bit thank god.

Slept so-so, not fantastic, but a bit better.

I want to do something today that's a little exciting.

You know I want to put some shiplap on a couple of walls in the house eh?  Well, I'd like to get one sheet of it to do a white wash paint effect on it, so I can match the colour of how it turns out with the (eventual) vinyl wood planks I'm getting put on the kitchen floor. 

So... Steve might just have to go get me a sheet of the shiplap today!  He doesn't even know about it yet.  

Maybe he can't, and I'm left twiddling my thumbs for a while?  Time will tell.

Until that happens (or not), I'm gunna just potter around the house, get another load of washing done and so on.


Well... we've lined up Steve's van to use, so we can pick up a sheet of the shiplap.  Might not be able to do the painting today though, as the freakin' shop that has the paint I need is closed on a Sunday.  How rude!  😊😂

Since waking up, all I've done is bloody cough me lungs out.  Grrrrr.  So frustrating.
BUT... I feel better in myself, so I am on the improve.

1.40 pm:  And... we picked up Steve's van and went to Bunnings.  Both stores here in Hamilton, only to find they no longer stock the panels we wanted to use.
So... I'm having to re-think my plans.

So now... I'm gunna do something like this:

ABOVE:  I'm going to make my own panels.  Not exactly like our barn door (in our Cambridge home), but in the same vein.

So I guess I will be designing something now.  Yaaa, that should be fun.

ABOVE:  When we arrived at Steve's, it was 11.30 am.  And the boys were having a pj day.  And playing games with their Dad.  I can't believe Archer knows how to play chess!
I can't even play chess.

Today is the first day in over a week I've not had a headache!  It's wonderful.

Stew got us a lovely kebab for lunch.  It was awesome, so tasty!
And then ...  cough, cough, VOMIT.
Kebabs are another thing to put on the list of DON'T EAT when you have a bad cough!

OMG hideous coming back up.

So fucking sick of this.  I'm going to the Dr tomorrow for a prescription of SOMETHING to help ease this friggin cough.

Stew is outside doing winter maintenance on the pool.  Backwash, chlorine, filtering etc.  Luckily it's a really nice day out there.
Me on the other hand... I'm going to bed.

11 pm:  Well... I did managed to catch 40 winks this afternoon.  Woke up feeling OK, but not enough to have dinner.
My throat is sore from vomiting sadly.  

We just sat and watched TV this evening.  Stew watched some Tom Cruise movie (Ikkkk, can't stand the man) while I watched You Tube: cold cases solved. 

Now it's bedtime.  Fingers crossed I at least get a decent 5-6 hours sleep.

7 comments:

  1. It's Saturday here. I will get you some paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:29 AM

    Would you not need to match it to the wall colour and not the kitchen floor colour? Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris...just a thought....is it possible you're suffering from Covid? One of it's main symptoms is a constant cough. Probably not, but you might want to get a quick Covid test. (my nurse-brain working overtime...LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have got me thinking about shiplap so I need to see the results! Hope that cough goes away soon. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:02 PM

    Maybe you could try somewhere else for the shiplap such as Mitre 10 or even online - Google shiplap Hamilton. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! Someone else who can't stand Tiny Tom Cruise!! Hope you feel better soon. Off to Google shiplap.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.