Thursday, July 22, 2021

BACK TO IT!

 Well, I must be feeling MUCH better.

Yesterday afternoon I decided to move a couple of things!  Yep, while there's not a lot of options in this house to move stuff, I still found some.  😉😊


ABOVE:  I have never liked the 2-seater couch on an angle in the corner, so I moved it ...

And then I moved the little white cabinet from the dining area to the lounge.


ABOVE:  So now, there's heaps more room in the dining area, should we want to extend the table and add 2 more chairs.

I felt right chuffed with myself after doing that!  It wasn't much to move, but it sure did make me tired.

I must work on building my stamina back up.

The new net curtains need heading tape (for the top), so at some point today I'll pop into town, to Harvey Furnishings (Nice name that), and get some.

ABOVE:  I felt really clever getting a 'shower kit' ready to take to Steve 'n' Bex's last night.

I've had that grey caddy for years!  I used to use it in my pottery studio when we lived in Hamilton over 25 years ago.  Man it's lasted well.

It's been used for many things over the intervening years, I doubt I will ever get rid of it.

Some things are just so handy eh?

Right, I'm off to start me day.  Looking forward to going out, even if it's only for some heading tape for the curtains.


11.30 am:  Just home from town.  I got everything done on me list in record time.
It's another wet, miserable day out there, I'm glad to be home.
After lunch I will make a start on cutting the net to size and sewing on the header tape. 
Just a bit excited to finally get my windows covered.  I love net, always have, and the voile is just so soft and sheer.

4.31 pm:  And the Chem Dry guy has just been back.  And it's DRY!
So he's taken all the blowers and dryers out, pressed the carpet down (for now), and he'll let the insurance company know then next steps.

Which will be to get a carpet company  in to attach the carpet back down properly, then it has to be cleaned.



ABOVE: He said it's a 50/50 chance it will come up OK after cleaning, or not.
So now we have to wait till the carpet is stuck down again, and cleaned before we know the next step. 

Meanwhile, we are still waiting for the Plumber to source a new hot water cylinder.  It sounds like he can't get the same size as we already have, so I've opted for a slightly smaller one, as getting the next size up meant more construction work, to make it fit in the gap.
A smaller one is just fine as there's only Stew and I here most of the time.

I'm totally over this shit, it's giving me a headache.  I wonder how long this will drag on for?  

ABOVE:  When you spill frozen cauliflower rice all over the floor.  You call in the big guns.

They didn't eat it all!  I don't think they particularly liked raw, frozen cauliflower.  lol

So, it's now 10.31 pm and I've just finished watching Coronation Street.  
Time to switch to YouTube for an hour or so before heading off to bed.
Catch ya tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. I know what it's like not having hot water. Very handy that Steve and Bex are so close. One year our septic system froze. We could get water into the house but had to dump it all outside instead of using the drains. This lasted the entire winter! That was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought all net curtains had the header tape on them ? I must admit it must be 10 years since I replaced any.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good wee shower caddy..im having to go to Ashburton (half an hour drive) cause our water is shitty with all the rain and still is...forgot soap last time...should have had a caddy lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:07 AM

    Just curious, why are you putting nets up your windows now? You have been in the house for a while now and you will have to take them down again for the painting. We aren't overlooked at all where we live but we have had nets in the past. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like nets, I've just not got around to doing them till now. I will make them to fit the windows and put them up, knowing that in 2-3 months time they will come down for the painting to be done. It's not a biggie.

      Delete
  5. Love your little shower caddy, things like that that have a multi purpose use are great.

    Im out of here, hubby and I are going out for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you have turned all the labels away from the camera. Can't have any gratuitous product placement, can we?!! When we moved here I replace the dodgy blinds with venetians. I like the look but OMG the dust. I will be interested to see what your nets look like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last photo of the dogs made me laugh! Years ago I had a black Labrador called Bess. If I dropped any bits of food I would just shout "hoover Bess" and she would come running in and clean it up in no time at all. Dogs are wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Appliances seem to be harder to find in the Pandemic era. Exactly 1 year ago - my son bought a house. It didn't have any appliances. So we had to hunt high and low for washer / dryer/ fridge. Ordering them from the store would take months. So we found new appliances at a local scratch and Dent store. Phew! Living without a fridge for months would be a pain in the arse!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.