Monday, July 19, 2021

IT'S TAKEN A WHILE

 Yesterday as I was getting dressed, I realised something momentous.

I had slept ALL NIGHT for the past week!

First time in 11 months, I'm finally sleeping again.

About bloody time.

Bex reckons it's because I've let go of all the stress, and am at peace with things in my life.

I think she's right!

Gosh it feels so good.

I know I'm not 'over' everything that's happened in the past year or so, but I'm dealing with it better.

Today I have one job to do, and if I get it done, I will be very happy with myself.

ABOVE:  Yep, it's the ironing!

Certainly nothing riveting, but Stew really appreciates me doing it.

ABOVE:  How cute are they?  Seriously, I don't exist when Stew's at home.

And STEW doesn't exist when Steve is here!  It's rather funny how they switch allegiance when Steve's here.  It's only because he feeds them tidbits of course. 😂😅😆

Right, I'm off to have a lovely day.  I hope you do too.


ABOVE:  Well, it's taken a while, but we finally have a painting company coming to give us a quote on painting the interior of the house.

Steve's company are coming later on this week to do the same.

With any luck I can get the first duck in the row, then I can line up the carpet company too.

It's been a quiet morning here, I've not even started the ironing yet!  But don't worry Stew, it will happen.  😊

I'm doing the right thing.... even though I was originally TOTALLY OPPOSED to doing it!!!

Booking details

Appointment 1

Thursday July 29 2021, 1:10PM

The Base Te Awa Vaccination Centre

Level 1, Opposite Hoyts, Te Awa. Te Rapa Road and Wairere Drive, Hamilton 3200

Appointment 2

Thursday August 19 2021, 12:50PM

The Base Te Awa Vaccination Centre

Level 1, Opposite Hoyts, Te Awa. Te Rapa Road and Wairere Drive, Hamilton 3200

First name
Christina


I have booked my Covid 19 vaccinations!  And I AM PETRIFIED of having injections!!!

Let the shitting myself begin.

3.35 pm: Gosh I have to start getting some more exercise!  I just ironed 6 shirts and I'm done in!!!
Seriously.  No energy at all.  I think I'll try and get a small walk later on this afternoon, once the painting people have been.

Talking of them... I'm starting to wonder if they are gunna turn up?  

5.25 pm:  Just got a text from the Painting Company.  "Sorry, got held up, can we do tomorrow afternoon instead?"

Ummmm.... I was tempted to say NO, but instead gave them another time frame. I'm now waiting to see if she replies.

But in all reality, not contacting me till NOW is a huge black mark beside their name.  

I made a boo boo this evening for Stew's dinner.
I got out 'Lamb Chops', put them in the oven with Mint Sauce and veges and baked it.
Then, as there was one left in the packet, I put it in the fridge for tomorrow.  
Imagine my surprise when I realised that the 'Lamb Chops' were in fact Pork Chops!
Whoops!
I was a bit worried that Stew's dinner was going to taste a bit weird!
But luckily, he said it was just fine.
So ... just so ya know, mint sauce is just fine on PORK CHOPS.  😂😆😅😜

I just saw an article on TV for heated jackets!  OMG... so tempted to order, or just buy one tomorrow.
But... at $299, I think maybe I won't.  If we lived further south, or I was still doing winter markets,  I'd definitely get one though.  What a brilliant idea.

Right, it's that time of the day.  Settle down, blankie on, and watch the telly, or You Tube.  Or maybe even yak with Stew!  lol

17 comments:

  1. Ick that a lot of shirts...lovely photo of Stew and the dogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiwionholidays9:34 AM

    Great you are sleeping well surely makes for better days
    TKe care catchup soon
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, back to normality after a big conference last week and a trip to very wet Marlborough at the weekend. Wish I could say I sleep through the night 😔 anyhoo just checking in and saying hello 👋

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Dogs always like "the new person". They especially gravitate towards the people that don't like dogs. It is rather funny. I had my NON-DOG loving friend spending the night here. My Collie absolutely insisted on sleeping with her in her bed! Every time we dragged him out of her room he jumped up , opened the door (he is very skilled at opening door handles, the lever kind) and jumped on her bed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:21 PM

    Great to hear you so positive. And its amazing what good sleep can do. I just wish I could sleep all night! But I am working on it. Thats a lot of shirts to iron - I'm impressed. I tend to use the non iron cycle on the washing machine and dryer. It's nearly as good but not perfect.
    Have a lovely day.
    KarenAK

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm having my vaccination tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got my first one this morning and can say I literally did not feel it. Not even a sting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:42 PM

    We got our first one on Saturday - didn't hurt at all and I do feel the flu injection Touch wood, no side effects so far although my husband has got a sore arm. I too am scared of needles but they were all so good at the Covid vaccine centre. Rang at 4.00pm on Saturday and said could you come straight away. Got the next one on Saturday 8th August. Audrey, Rotorua

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great that you are sleeping more. I had vaccination shots back in April. Did not feel the shot either time, but my arm was a little sore both times, but just a little bit. I feel grateful for the protection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Covid ones i barely felt at all... flu jab last week was worse by far! You'll be fine i promise

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Covid Vaccine.... You can't even feel it. It's almost laughable. The entire world is frantic to get it, then nervous, then when you do get it - It is so NOTHING. You will just be sitting there scratching your head, like "Am I done? That's it?" Then they make you sit around for fifteen minutes so bring your phone. Take a vaccine picture and post it to your blog while you wait! Some places have a big backdrop for you to take your vaccine selfie in front of!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:41 PM

    The key for the pfizer jab is to be really really well hydrated 24-36 hour before and after each jab. I have had both and didnt feel a thing

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had my 1st Pfizer a week ago and I was frightened but it didn’t hurt and where we are in the Blue Mountains is risky with the cases so that encouraged me. I had the sorest arm for 2 days and that’s all. I hate being letdown by trades people and giving such short notice would annoy me too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm fully vaccinated and yes, I didn't feel the actual injection at all, just a little of the stuff going in. It is seriously a quick injection and way, way, way easier than giving blood!! My arm hurt the next day or two and I did have a headache the day after the second one. Easy though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous11:52 PM

    I hate that when businesses dick you around even just for a quote

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a very busy weekend. Good for you on scheduling your vaccination. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous7:28 AM

    Good on ya, getting your jabs....as others have commented you literally should not feel anything, it is really quick and painless. We both felt a little unwell about 12 hours later, shivery like a touch of flu, but didn't last too long. Before we got the 2nd one a friend advised taking 2 paracetamol every four to six hours the previous day, and have to say had absolutely no ill effects after it - might just have been a coincidence but worth a try. We are taking part in a government survey too, which means bloods/swabs every week for 4 weeks and now monthly tests. They just come to the house with kits and you do the test and bag it up for them. It's good because we got covid results each week, and now they inform us we have antibodies (plus you get paid approx $80 in shopping vouchers for each test, though would have been happy to take part for free as all research helps!) Hope all goes well for both of you.
    Jane G

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.