Friday, July 16, 2021

FRIDAY

 Morning.

I'm going to make the most of today, possibly get out for a walk even.

Because, after today, we are in for rain for at least a week!  Ikkkk.

ABOVE:  Coco absolutely loves the new bed!  So I resurrected the cane bed from the back shed, I'm hoping Marley uses it.

She's sniffing it, that's a start.

ABOVE:  Bex saw a tree full of Monarch Butterflies yesterday.  Wish I had too.  I've not seen one in a few weeks. 

Later on today I'm going to box up a few more odds 'n' sods, and tidy up the garage.  But for now... I might just roll over and catch a few more winks.

11.08 am:  Wow such a quiet morning!  I've been up for ages, got the washing on, tidied the garage, been for a walk... what you been up to?


11.46 am:  And it looks like the bad weather is gunna arrive sooner than tomorrow.  It was so lovely this morning, now it's clouding over and a wind is coming up.  And it's gotten that much colder too.  Might just have to turn the heater on.

7.57 pm:  Well it's been one of those days where I got bugger all done again.  

Dinner was Chicken Schnitzels, smashed potatoes, mushrooms and baked beans.  A classis silly bugger dinner on a Friday night.

It was delicious.  The dogs got the same, as I'd cooked way more than we could eat.  Still trying to adjust to cooking for just two.

Time to sign off for the day, I hope tomorrow is more interesting!

13 comments:

  1. Got up at 5am cleaned for an hour and came home and sat on my bum because we are in lock down again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work. Boring today... yesterday we had gunshots and hijacking. Today... nuthin 🤣🤣. Im joking. That was pretty scary right outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just done the daycare drop off...now home to vacuum and wash floors. Yuk these grandies of mine make a mess. Got a load of washing on and hoping to get it dry before the next band of rain gets here tonight, it's been a very wet winter here so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ho hum. Another snap lockdown for Melbourne. The Bendigo Wool Show was scheduled for this weekend and due to start today. My nephew was supposed to be getting married for the third attempt on Sunday. My mother in law with dementia doesn't understand why we can't visit her. I am over the bloody government trying to eradicate something that will always be with us and the self-entitled, google uneducated, conspiracy driven, fucking idiots who refuse to get vaccinated. Yes, I am super pissed off! I want your weather - it would suit my mood perfectly.
    Glad you're on the mend - you can enjoy the kidlets this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you are feeling so frustrated Sparking Merlot. I am in Melbourne too, and I get it. I generally feel good about going into lock down especially with Delta, but that is easier for me to say because it doesn't change my day to day activities too much.

      I was due for the second vaccine yesterday but the shipment didn't arrive. Hope it does soon!

      Let us hope it is a short one this time.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous11:07 PM

      We are just as frustrated in Scotland....millions of us had both vaccinnations, many positive cases (due to increased testing) but very few people with actual symptoms and so many having to isolate if they've been in contact with a positive case. Still only small number of households allowed to meet, even outside (except when football matches are on when thousands without masks seem able to mingle, sing and dance with no masks gggrrrrr ! I think as you do that we will have to learn to live with this for a long time and we need to get back to some sort of normal life.
      Regards
      Jane G

      Delete
    3. It's all pretty relentless, isn't it? You just think you have worked out how to cope, and then things change yet again. Sorry to hear you have also struggling Jane. It sucks. We need longer term solutions.

      Delete
  5. I am at my desk working away Chris! So much work to do. Otherwise very boring. Thinking like you I need to get back into walking. I walked 35km in 7 hours in early May for a fundraiser and need to get back into the habit of even a 30 minute walk 3-4 times a week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merlot, I’m with you. Sick to death of it all. Luckily I’m still out and about with my job, but the weather here on The Mornington Peninsula is pretty dull. This had better only last 5 days, I have plans for next weekend 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AllyS, I'm in Langwarrin and it's gloomy but I want rain and hail! Even snow but that will never happen.

      Delete
  7. Wet flooding and roads washed out again in south Canterbury not looking to great in westport and the west coast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's cold everywhere at the moment. We were only gone for two Winters, and I love the Winters here, but the cold is a shock even for me. Sparkling I can understand you feeling anger at the continuing lock downs. I am choosing not to be vaccinated at this time as I rarely go anywhere. That may change though. And it's the large gatherings that are allowed to happen in Melbourne, such as the Italian football match and the stupid protests about Dan Andrews and the sporting events that seem to go ahead regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep warm, have a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.