Tuesday, April 13, 2021

THE LAST ONE!

 Well.... another proud Mother moment happened yesterday afternoon.

ABOVE: Our youngest son got his Restricted Driver's License.

He's now legally allowed to drive.  Next step will be him buying his first car.

And, best of all, there is some serious talk of him and his girlfriend moving back to Hamilton.

That would be so neat.  We would have all our kids living here, except Mike (and Joyce of course).  The house will be buzzing on the weekends!

Right, how about some boring shit next!

ABOVE:  While in my sewing room yesterday, I got to watch my street get new road markings.  Yeah.  Riveting stuff.

ABOVE:  Probably shown you this garden before!  But... OMG it's a mass of purple flowers.  And BEES.  So many bees.  I pissed them off the other day when I was washing the windows.  I was surprised I didn't get stung, they were all around me!

ABOVE: Our new 'Princess Maud' shrub is growing like mad.  It certainly seems to like where Stew planted it.


ABOVE:  At the end of Spring last year we planted 3 new Hydrangea plants.  And even though I watered them all through summer, they did appear to die.

Now?  Coming back to life!  That's  neat.  I hope they are well established by the time next summer arrives, so they don't almost die again.

Ok, that's the end of the boring stuff.

Today... The girls get groomed at 9 am.  They should be ready for pick up around 11-11.30 am.

So I'll have to pull me finger out a bit earlier than usual, and make myself presentable. 

Tonight it's Card Night... here.  So I better sort out some supper for us.  It will probably only be 3-4 of us, as not as many turn up when it's here.

It is a 30 minute trip from Cambridge after all.  😐😕  I don't expect everyone to traipse over here.

And that's me for now, better get a move on.  The traffic is likely to be nuts just when I have to go out.


1.07 pm:  Well I've had a busy morning.
I got the girls to the groomers on time, then came home and did some housework.  I really should vacum too, but my back is like "Bugger that!".

Both dogs pee'd on the floor at Animates!  Bit embarrassing, but seems they are used to it. They look wonderful now, must get a photo to show you after they've slept off the trauma. 😂😅😆

Since yesterday this laptop of mine has been freezing spasmodically.  Totally want to smash it with a sledge hammer!  Does my head in when a computer glitches on me.
No patience.  NONE. 
I've killed about 3 mouses in my day. So much satisfaction seeing them fly to pieces.

I suppose I WILL  get the bloody vacum out and slowly swipe over the worst bits.  


Off I go... muttering loudly.

1.45 pm:  And I've got the vacum out, with an extension cord plugged in so I can reach further.  Vacuming, vacuming, and the cord gets tangled up and comes out of the wall.
I'm like, "Fuck, fuck FUCK it all" ... yeah really loudly.
And the dogs go nuts.  Someone is at the front door!

FUCK... bet they heard me swearing like a trooper!

BUT NO It's my neighbour J, and she's 99% deaf.  Phew, am I bad to thank god she's deaf?



LOL.  Anyway, in she comes with a container full of fruit and capsicums.  And we have a yak.  As much as you can when it's quite hard to understand her.  But we get by.
She's just a lovely lady to have as a neighbour, mostly cos she can't hear our dogs barking or me swearing!  😆😄😊 

This vacum is killing my back.  I'm SERIOUSLY considering getting one of those plug and go ones.  Steve and Bex have one... I might borrow theirs a few times and see if it is better for my back.

They are fairly pricey eh?  Anyone had one and found it awful?

Well.... card night here was lovely.  Lots of banter, laughs, snacks and lovely company.
I will show you the Winner and Loser photo tomorrow, cos I'm starving and want me dinner!
At 9.23 pm.  Yeah.  Didn't get a chance to have it before they arrived today.

17 comments:

  1. Love all the plants. I just bought my first house plants. I never have plants because I kill them. So - I am giving it a go!
    My Chives are alive and growing, as the snow melts all around! It's always fun to see the chives in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hydrangea's are super hardy!!!! I forget the name of the breed... annuals??? means they die off and come back. Except mine!!!!! I've killed 2 of 3 and the last one is struggling. It's all the weeds. I just can't keep them at bay and they take up all the soil nutrients methinks..... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your azalea plant is lovely. Yours is deep pink, mine is pale pink and white. Mum used to have many, ranging from deep red, to pinks to whites. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations young man 👏👏 the garden is looking pretty 😍 I got sent home have a runny nose sore throat and headache oh joy 🥺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Griffin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Griffin on your license thumbs-up 👍

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Shit Griffin 💜
    #Lacy 💙

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Miele vacuum absolutely kills me. So I got a Dyson V10 love love love it. So easy to use.
    Congratulations to Griffin on his licence.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job Griffin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Griffin.
    I love Dyson. Which I could afford the top of the line. They are so much easier to use than the drag along behind you ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done Griffin. Chris I have an upright Dyson cleaner and it is amazing. Enjoy your card night.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had one of those cordless stick vacuums. I liked it a lot. It was easy and fast, and kind of fun - so I would vacuum more. I ignore the vacuum when I have to haul it out, deal with the cord etc... But - the stick ended up dying and I was mad because of the expense, so didn't replace it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love my Dyson V6 ? I didn’t think I would use it as much as I do, but I really need the get the big Dyson and do a proper vacuum

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay Griffin! Well done! Garden looks lovely. We just bought our umpteenth vacuum cleaner, a pet one supposedly but Phill is forbidden to use it as he has broken every one we have ever had. Cordless stick ones sound good, maybe I'll let him use the new one, break it, and get one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done Griffin! That will make it easier for him to come visit, especially if they move closer. Geez he looks tall! Enjoy card night.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations to Griffin. Garden is lovely. Hope you won at cards.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vacuuming kills my back too. I just bought a new one but it still hurts lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.