Thursday, April 15, 2021

GIVING IT A GO

 This was yesterday:

ABOVE:  We had another big thunder storm.  It was magnificent.

Today, well it's supposed to be fine.  

I will get some washing done and onto the drying rack in the sunroom.  I don't think it's a good idea to hang it outside, just in case it pisses down again.

Bex is coming around this morning with her stick vacum.  I'm gunna give it a go, and see how it feels doing more than a square inch in the shop, like I did yesterday.

I'm still leaning towards a Dyson, but probably not the biggest one.

Later on today I'll get back to my puzzle... I didn't do any yesterday, so today I have to find 10 pieces!  Sheesh.  That might take a while.

Apart from that, it's gunna be a normal, kinda boring day!  They are certainly nothing to write home about at the moment, that's for sure.

But I should be thankful, cos normal days mean NO STRESS/DRAMA/SHIT going down!

I think we've had quite enough of that lately. 😂😅😆

Right, I'm gunna bugger off and get me day started.  Read the news.  Have a DC in bed. bla bla bla.


Well, it's time to give this thing a proper go ...

ABOVE:  This one is Steve and Bex's.  They went with this brand cos it seemed to do a better job (in the shop with baking soda on the floor), than the Dyson.
Does anyone else  have this brand?  Opinions on it?

I'm still leaning towards a Dyson, cos well... once I get an idea in me head, I can't usually shake it.

Basically, trying out Bex's is for me to find out if it affects my back or not.   Not really to test out her brand. 

I'm thinking about going over to Cambridge this afternoon for another walk.  Again, a 2nd half, as the total walk is nearly 6kms, and I'm just not up for 6km walks, and may never be again!



I love 3-4 kms, it's my favourite distance.

Aaa haa ... I just wizzed around the house with Bex's vacum cleaner.  It did a good job!  And I found it super easy to operate, no SWEARING involved at all!
I had to empty the container twice, which did not bother me at all.
I'd rather that than lug around a much bigger machine that holds more.
So... I will continue to use it, and look at a few more options ...  not just the Dyson.

The weather is holding ... so looks like I will be going to Cambridge for that walk.  I've changed into me walking shit... and will leave in half an hour or so.

ABOVE: And here I am. Sitting in me car in Cambridge, waiting to join the walk's second half. Wonder if they will just do the first half... cos its now raining?  
.......

And YAAAaaa!  By the time the group arrived at the 2nd half point, the rain had stopped.
So the walk continued, with me in tow.
It was the perfect distance for me too,  3.75 kms.
And even better, we got to have afternoon tea together at a lovely cafe just out of town.
And I also ran into a long time Hamilton girlfriend (Yvonne) as I was leaving.   So it really was a lovely afternoon.

I arrived home with just enough time to stuff a chicken and put it in the oven.

Darling, I'm being a proper wife again!  Cooking you a nice dinner!  😃😂😅

ABOVE:  That's the group walking past our old Cambridge home.  We have a bloke in our midst too... Jeff.  We do have a few blokes in the group, which is nice.  I walked most of the way with him, he was interesting to chat with.

ABOVE:  Our old home is so sad.  It's stripped of all character.
They have taken out all three plum trees, and several of the smaller fruit trees too.  And of course, all the gardens and flowers out the front of the property are gone too.
NOW, it looks like they are replacing/changing the front door.  I saw the front door and security door lying on the grass.
It will be interesting to go past again in a few months to see what else they have done.

Dinner was awesome, so tasty.  I love a stuffed chook!  I also did smashed roast potatoes and veges, with an brown onion gravy.  
Stew LOVED IT.  

Now.  Watching some TV before bed.

25 comments:

  1. The cleaner looks like a robot lol vacumming kills my back too..the new house moving to is half the floor size too this and all wooden floors so most times it will be the micro mop and its got extended Handle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk to a vacuum shop to get feedback. lately I've been hearing a lot of people are moving away from Dyson but ask around. As I said, I don't like mine, total waste of money. Others do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnificent is a good way to describe that storm! It was quite incredible :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't get the storm in Auckland and my Stu was gutted... he LOVES a good thunderstorm :)

      Delete
  4. Definitely look at other brands. I just read a review that said with Dyson you have to keep your finger on the button so gets sore/tired after awhile? I don't know if that's true. There are so many brands now make sure you read reviews and get advice as it's an expensive item. I see Godfrey's don't even stock Dyson but have loads of other brands (including the one Bec has).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes keeping your finger on the button WOULD be a fag! Like our waterblaster, I tape the button down! I'm going to do heaps more research on them before I commit, maybe a Dyson is NOT that way to go.

      Delete
  5. We have to hold the button down on our dyson but it's not that big a deal. It means that as you move from place to place you're not wasting battery. BUT Dyson are very expensive. They were the first of this kind of vacuum and initially the copies weren't up to their standard but I believe that more are now in the field and are certainly giving Dyson a run for their money.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never say Never. If you can happily walk 4 km, then 6 can be achieved! Whether you like it or not - you CAN do it!
    Now, I wonder if I should get a stick vacuum again. It is so easy! No cord, no bending over, no accidental unplugging. Hmmm. What brand is Bex'
    s?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brand name of Bex's is on the vacuum head... Wertheim.

      Delete
  7. I love our Dyson stick. Have had it for 6 years, with one battery replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love my Dyson it’s a v10. Do have to hold button down but no hassle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving all the vacuum talk, bloody vacuums and their cords lol.... hope your walk wasn’t too wet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is YOUR FAULT. I bought one.... Shhhh.... Don't tell Hubby....
    I got a generic one with good reviews. In my experience - it won't last.... so may as well get a cheapy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you get the Shark brand ?. I have a Dyson ans hate that I have to keep my finger on the button, makes my wrist ache. Mum has the Shark cordless and it much better, awaiting for the Dyson to die to replace it

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sometimes go past my old places and it always makes me wonder y they bought it the knocked down all the fences i had for privacy all my beautiful trees and magnolia's 10yrs plus old so beaut tok the front deck off and stuck clothes line smack bang in middle of lounge veiwing no sence at all lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I brought this stick vaccuum from Kmart to figure out if i liked them before buying a more expensive one like a Dyson. I have had this one awhile now and its been so good I just haven't bothered to change it!
    https://www.kmart.co.nz/product/cordless-stick-cleaner---white/3105318

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our Cows are cuter than that one xx
    Nigh night DCR XX
    #Lacy 💙

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not sure if you have the brand over there but I recently bought a Shark anti hair wrap cordless stick vacuum. I went for the one with the dust container down at the bottom as I felt the weight made it easier for pushing around.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I recently bought a Shark anti hair wrap vacuum. The dust container is at the bottom near the cleaner head and I felt with the weight being lower down made it easier to push around. It's also great on stairs as it separates from the main stick.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Who pulls out fruit trees? Your old house certainly doesn't look like it did when you lived there. Glad you got a walk, and the chook dinner sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You’re sounding Happier and more in control Chris. Making small steps for you 💜

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh gosh your old house, they have taken away all its charm :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Chris
    I have the Westheim one exactly like Bex's and I absolutely love it. Not one single complaint. Highly recommended!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad you got to hang out with your walking buddies. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is so weird seeing your old house with no blue lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.