Sunday, April 11, 2021

MUSIC

 What do you find helps you the most to get through stressful situations?  Sad events? 

Apart from the support you get from your family and friends?

For me it's listening to music, hands down.

For others it might be going and sitting by the water, or reading a good book....or something else.

So, tell me... WHAT WORKS FOR YOU?

Stew likes to watch sport on TV, that works for him.

Yeah, that was random and left field eh?  lol.  But, stress management is high on my priority list right now.

Doing our best, rising above it.  Listening to lots of music. Spending lots of time with family that love us. Keeping busy and productive.  

Waiting for the day we can talk freely again.

In the past six months SO MUCH SHIT has gone down.  Just.  SO.  MUCH!

Not just one situation.  Not two.  Not three ... but more!  All just simmering, ticking along.

I love using my Avatars. 😊 They make me happy.  Thanks Christina.

Today?  Well if the weather is nice we shall go out and about, visit a park and have the kids play together.

If it's wet... might just hang out at home.  Or go to the mall.  

Brylee is coming over so she can hang out with us too.

So... catch ya later.




ABOVE:  The girls on an Autumn morning.  A bit foggy and wet, but still not too cold.

On a mission to assemble a desk that's been stored in the shed since we moved here.  Could be fun as we don't even know if we still have all the parts!

ABOVE:  Miss Muppet is a bit excited.  IF we get the desk assembled, it's going in her bedroom.

11.05 am:  And that desk is NOT getting assembled, at least for now.  It's missing a few pieces, which I might find one day.

We ended up going to The Base and finding THE PERFECT desk for Keera's bedroom.

ABOVE:  She's pretty happy with herself!  Stew just has to assemble it now.

ABOVE:  I just LOVE seeing these two together.  Keera kept saying 'I love you Mum'... so cute.

ABOVE:  Playing with the fish, who actually let her pet them!  Weird fish.

ABOVE:  And there ya go, it didn't take Stew long at all to put together.  Now there's a little desk in the spare bedroom.  Something tells me it's going to get heaps of use.

ABOVE:  We had lunch at Chartwell Square, and then Stew bought three new pairs of work trousers.  
We are now home, and the dogs are NOT happy.

Brylee is here and she's grooming their ears for me.

ABOVE:  I've got a rather funny photo of Coco & Marley, but I'll save it for tomorrow.


7 pm:  Everyone left around 5.30, so after taking a breather from all the hustle and bustle, we went for a walk in our neighbourhood.
It was only 3.5 kms, but still a nice distance after a long day.

Now... hanging out, watching TV and later we might have a late dinner.  Right now we are not hungry at all.

14 comments:

  1. Watching silly mindless shows (Like Great British Baking Show). Or Schitt's Creek - a happy show. Also - distracting busy things like puzzles. And, of course, getting out of the house and being with other people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are loving Schitt's Creek! We are up to series 4 after watching about 2 or 3 every night. I'll be sad when we finish.

      Delete
  2. Music for me too also taking photographs which I have recently started doing. Just been to the beach and got a couple of great ones to share on the Hawke's Bay Photographs FB page πŸ˜€ am still learning but it's good fun πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keera is getting so tall beautiful like her mother Lacy fine bones. How exciting putting bedroom space together, we are still moving furniture
    Blondie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous mummy and daughter photo ❤. I'm usually a music person too but yeah mindless telly is a good one. Or a good murder mystery πŸ˜†.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cleaning and walking are my tips to help deal with stress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pic of Lacy and Keera.

    My go to is water...espesially the beach. Can spend hours just watching and listening to waves roll in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The beach is one of my happy places to de-stress ... thankfully it's only a 2-3 minute drive from our house. Also doing things for others ... baking for Good Bitches Baking knowing that I'm at least putting some joy in the lives of others.

    Lovely photos of Keera ... she looks very happy with the desk πŸ™‚.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Back to the store. That desk clearly needs some art supplies in it! Great happy photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a really great desk! Compact too for a bedroom but with storage. Nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kiwionholidays2:35 PM

    Love it how an idea πŸ’‘ pops up out to get the flat pack home and assembled n shown on here
    She looks so happy with it and fab weekend for you all catch-ups n jobs done all together n good food πŸ‡πŸ‰πŸ“πŸ•πŸ±makes for a humming weekend



    Happy for you all

    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for that photo. I didn't realise that your countdown is our woolies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keera really is the most beautiful child. It's lovely seeing photos of her with her Mum. We still haven't unpacked but we're here forever so I guess we have time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous2:45 PM

    My “go to” for stress, for sadness, is the forest. I’m lucky that as part of my job, I have 400 acres of virgin forest. I know it like the back of my hand. There are no trails except mine, just animals trails. I sit in a clearing, or up a tree and just...be. I know where the deer drop their fawns, the foxes dens, porcupines, rabbits, raccoons, beavers and yes, the bears.
    In spring I tap the maples for syrup; in autumn berries and nuts. There’s a secret spring fed lake, streams with fish, and I am the luckiest woman alive!

    Failing that, Stormzy “Don’t forget to breathe” will remind me..to breathe.

    Mrs F w 4

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.