Saturday, April 10, 2021

SO YUMMY!

 Last night's dinner was amazing. 

The Fried Pork and Shrimp Rolls were perfect, I was so happy with them.

This is the recipe I used:   https://www.marionskitchen.com/vietnamese-fried-spring-rolls/  

I didn't make the dipping sauce, we used our own.  I had Sweet and Sour, and Stew had Sweet Chilli Sauce.

ABOVE:  The raw mixture.  I added some chopped up spring onion too, it's not in the recipe.


ABOVE: All rolled up, ready to sit in the fridge for half an hour. 


ABOVE:  DONE. I had no trouble at all with spitting or exploding rolls either.  They were perfect.  

I have enough mixture left over to make two or three more today, so Steve, Bex and Lacy can try them too.

I don't often try new recipes, like most people who have had to cook meals for 40+ years, ya can get stuck in a rut and just churn out the same old things day in day out.

I really enjoyed trying something new!  And I will certainly be doing those rolls again.

I get to sleep in today, sadly Stew can't.  He's got to go and pick up Miss Muppet.  Lacy is due around 8.30 too.

We will no doubt go out and about, get the grandkids all together so they can play.

And that's it for now... catch ya later.


The FBG walk leader finally posted our 'walk photo' last night:

ABOVE:  So there ya go, proof I actually did it!  πŸ˜…πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚  

ABOVE: Hanging out at Steve and Bex's this morning. 
 2.17 pm:  Well, we had a really nice visit with Steve, Bex and the boys.

The kids spent ages playing together on the trampoline.

ABOVE:  While out there, it started drizzling.  Those kids LOVED IT... and ended up quite wet.
Keera came home in Dante's shorts and t-shirt.  

We stayed there for lunch (Pizza) and then came home.  Expecting a quiet afternoon.


THIS seems appropriate for today.

It really is a stay indoors afternoon, snuggled up with blankets, watching TV.  And snacks.  😊

6.34 pm:  Well... another day done and dusted.  Kids and family visiting, just what we love.
Dinner was an easy one again, sausages and chips.  Catering to kids is so easy!
Bex has baked us all a Feijoa and Apple Crumble.  We will add some ice cream and boom, dessert done.

Catch ya tomorrow.



10 comments:

  1. Kiwionholidays11:33 AM

    Good on you trying that new recipe Chris ,
    They look fantastic,,
    Have a fab day making more happy memories ,with all the youngest n mums n dads etc ☕️🍿🍫

    Cheers πŸ₯‚



    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your weekend with the family. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raining cats n dogs here too I am helping a friend with total kitchen organising cupboards shelving pantry her mother is painting seems the only thing to do
    Blondie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:58 PM

    Enjoy your weekend! I so know what you mean about getting stuck in a rut with cooking. I just bought a Thermomix in an attempt to make me rest more things. Wish me luck! Michelle from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might have to make those rolls! I checked out the recipe. Sorry about your hurtful person. That is unfortunate. All of your family seems so nice, loving, and supportive - It is hard to believe that anyone would WANT to hurt you or anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, there is always someone out to stab you in the back, let me assure you. One day the whole story will come out, but not right now. There's a few who have Karma waiting for them. I will wait. *smiles*

      Delete
  6. My husband uses a lot of her recipes! Mind you he only cooks about once a fortnight but when he does it is always gourmet and delicious! He is actually making some of her dumplings today, they are soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a nice day with people who care and are supportive 😊 been raining here bugger it! Keep your chin up whoever is pissing you off they'll get what's coming πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your rolls look very yummy. I will check out that recipe next time I have the right ingredients in our house.

    It's great to see the relationship that Keera and her cousins have with each other when staying at your place - and that they are able to have opportunities for fun catch-ups that are wholesome and healthy (parks, trampoline play etc).

    The dessert that Bex made sounds very yummy! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. An ANON comment was left at around 8.30 which had a paragraph in Maori.
    I translated it... and decided not to publish it.
    If your words were intended another way, by all means have another go!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.