Wednesday, April 14, 2021

A STICK? AND A WALK

 I'm getting up bright and early this morning and going over to Cambridge for a walk.

If I leave here at 7 am, I should arrive in time to do the 2nd half of the walk.  Traffic dictates I leave a full hour before I need to be there.

This will be my first morning walk in months! I will finally get to have morning tea with the girls after a walk too.

After the walk and morning tea, I will come home and then go pinch Bex's stick vacum for a couple of days.  Well... I hope she will lend it to me!

Stew says I need to try one for a day or two before I commit to buying one.

ABOVE:  The girls look super cute with their fresh haircuts.  Nice and short, and this time Coco hasn't come home looking like a Yorkshire Terrier!


ABOVE:  Winners and Losers from last night's Cards.  I love losing! The loser's trophy is so cute.

And right, that's me ... gotta go... walkies!


10.18 am:  And I did it!  I actually got up early, and went walking in Cambridge!
I must admit, I was tempted to stay in bed as the weather was looking rather iffy.  But I went, with the view if the walk was cancelled I could just walk on me own.
Done that before.

But, while it did rain a bit, it wasn't too heavy.
I ended up going to morning tea with only one friend, but we both know how to yak, so we enjoyed each other's company.

ABOVE:  Today's walk photo... we don't look too wet! 

I'm now all dry, changed and ready to go out and LOOK at vacum cleaners.
Bex is bringing her's over tomorrow for me to use, see what I think of it.

But really, I'm almost certain I will end up getting one.  NOT tripping over cords or the freakin' hose is my biggest motivator.  OH and having to pull it along behind me too... that's a right fag.

12.37 pm:  And I went and checked out the Dyson stick vacums at Harvey Norman's.
The sales girl was very hard to understand.  English was clearly not her first language.  *sigh*
I'm not sure the 'biggest' is the best in this instance.  I was concerned at how heavy it was to hold.  So, I'll have another look at them with Stew in tow, on the weekend.

Home now and we are having a Thunderstorm.
FUN!  It's gone all dark, I'll have to turn a light on so I can see the keyboard.

5.40 pm:  And someone comes through the front door.  Hmmm... bit early for Stew.  Lacy? Bex? Brylee?
NOPE, it is Stew.
He's had enough of today, so came home early.  Most unlike him.
So.  I think we will go out for dinner.  Just relax over a nice meal and chillax.

Well it was a toss up between The Foundation and Lone Star for dinner tonight.  We chose Lone Star.
Because I wasn't all that hungry I chose a burger, and Stew chose the Lasso of Hog.


ABOVE:  Stew's dinner was perfect.  Mine?  That burger was sub par.  It LOOKED good, but seriously, it wasn't.  Heaps of lettuce and raw onion to 'plump it up'... I literally had to hunt for the chicken 'patty'.  It wasn't a patty, it was a thin sliver of chicken.  I could have bought a better chicken burger from McDonalds for a quarter of the price.  Lesson learnt.  

Have the Lasso of Hog!  You can't go wrong with that meal.

Now that we are home, it's not going to be a late evening for me or Stew.  We are both tired.
Catch ya tomorrow.

17 comments:

  1. Really cute pic of you and the girls! Your hair is down!!!! Glad you are heading out for a walk. I concur that it will be good to give the stick vac a trial run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're smiling had to read the caption to be sure it was you..u lokk so different with your hair down

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the title, I thought you meant a walking stick. I carry a walking stick in the morning as a countermeasure against other dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty pooches 🐶 go you getting up early and off walking exercise might help de-stress a bit and hanging out with some lovely people 😊 I'm having a Covid test today yippee NOT!! My doctor doesn't think that I have it probably a virus so we're covering the bases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Right fag"
    There are just so many darling, cute, and descriptive phrases that you use. Why is "American English" so dull?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My youngest daughter is in college. She is in an apartment with a roommate and the roommate’s dog. They like the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser upright vacuum. Cup instead of bag. Yes, there is a cord. I have not used it, but they love it.

    My son and his wife have a Roomba. My brother and his wife have a Roomba. Both households love them.

    I have three strong uprights (upstairs, downstairs, kitchen/garage/porch) and love them. The stick ones (smaller) are not powerful enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. UU - vacuum is one of very few words with a double U! I LOVE this word. It is so odd. And you probably figured out by now, I like "
    odd" words and lingo!~
    I have had a couple of Roombas. I liked them while they lasted. They died. They don't do the best or most thorough job. But, I think of it as having a young child vacuum. Doing it, even less than perfectly, is MUCH better than not doing it at all. But they can crawl under furniture and disappear, not to mention , the ones I had did not live long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a small Dyson and I hate it. It doesn't pick up anything. Try one of the bigger ones and don't overlook LG either, they're good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a V7 Dyson and uts good but it fills up fast with crap 🙄. Only goes gor a short time but i split the house up into parts while recharging

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kmart have stick vacumns that have good reviews and are much cheaper than a Dyson.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’ve had the Dyson, it wasn’t great. We had this one previously and it was good and light weight https://www.blackanddecker.com.au/products/home-products/vacuum-cleaners/45wh-2in1-cordless-multipower-pet-vacuum-cleaner/cua525bhp

    The one we have now is heavy but the best vacuum and mop in one, no more buckets!!!

    https://bissell.com.au/products/crosswave-pet-2225f/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous6:00 PM

    Ooooh stick vacuums! We just got the electrolux pet one, it's great, so light, so easy to https://www.domayne.com.au/electrolux-ergorapido-animal-18v-handstick-vacuum-chili-red.html?CAWELAID=120050220000008523&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIr6z564b97wIVQWoqCh2nlQefEAQYECABEgJ_OfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

    ReplyDelete
  13. I invested iin a stick cleaner and went for a Gtec, I don't know if you have them in Australia. I love it, can do two cleans on a charge, although our bungalow is probably smaller than your house. I also have a hand held Dyson, it is heavy, so I am not surprised that the stick Dyson is weighty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey, I live in NEW ZEALAND, which is not a part of Australia. I don't know if we have a Gtec here, but will check. Thanks.

      Delete
  14. I love the Johnny Cash Stash at Lonestar... it's been ages though so we must go again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I long for the day to have a good chat with a friend over a cup of tea! Sounds like a rather lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We bought a Roomba about 18 months ago and it makes my cleaning much easier. I work full-time, so having the Roomba zoom around the house while I'm busy doing other cleaning is very handy.
    There's a bit of thought incolved to make sure it doesn't get stuck at our place, such as our bar stools need to be pulled away from the island, or I put the floor lamp on top of the coffee table. It's reasonably thorough, incl. cat hair, and for my sanity done is better than perfect.
    Now if they would invent sth. that automatically dusts or washes the floor or walls...

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.