Sunday, April 18, 2021

ONE THING

 Yesterday we went to the supermarket for ONE thing.

And came out with a trolley full of stuff, and not the ONE thing we went in for!

How typical is that?

Today I'm going out to get ... CRACKERS.

I use crackers to fill in the gaps during the day.

I have three little crackers every other hour during the day.

It keeps hunger at bay.  Sometimes I have a piece of fruit too.

Is there anything you eat to stop yourself either fainting from hunger, or pigging out?

Today is my FOURTH DAY of NO SUGAR.  I'm feeling so much better, and rather proud of myself.

There's lollies in my pantry.  And I ain't eating them.

ABOVE:  Ain't this so true.  Stew and I are both working on this.  I know that I am feeling MUCH better!  Just thinking more positive thoughts.

I'm expecting Lacy this morning.  She's just popping in for a visit, shame there's no left overs.

Our new vacuum cleaner is fully charged now, so I shall have a whip around the house with it.  Stew might have a go too.  I can't say I've ever looked forward to doing the vacuuming before!


ABOVE:  Ophelia Cafe, Cambridge.  This afternoon I'm heading over to Cambridge for an FBG Social Get Together.  An Afternoon Tea in fact.  There's around 28-30 of us going, so it should be a pleasant get together.

So, that's me for now. 
Catch ya later.

2 pm:  I'm so sorry!

Today I got up, went to the computer and spent 5 hours straight doing paperwork.

While I did that, Stew did this:

ABOVE:  He waterblasted the pool cover to clean it, then he put it on the pool.
SAD.... that's the end of swimming until November.

Now... I am off to Cambridge for the FBG Afternoon Tea.  I'm looking forward to it, but hoping there's something 'sugar free' to eat.  If not, I will take some crackers as back up. 
And Diet Coke.  Can't forget the DC can I ?  😂😅😋

5 pm:  And I'm home from our Get Together.
It was neat catching up with so many of the girls, some I hardly ever see as they do walks at times I don't.

ABOVE:  We are the 'FAT BOTTOMED GIRLS' (and guys), a walking group which was started back in 2016.  I have been an active member since then.  Last year the group obviously went into hiatus for a while thanks to Covid 19.

ABOVE: You are only getting a photo of me at my table, we had 4 tables full of lovely ladies.
The food was very nice.
I have a story about the dinner ware... for tomorrow!  😋😄

ANON:  No crackers are sugar free as such, as we all know carbs convert to sugar.  BUT, they are not MADE OF SUGAR like chocolate and lollies!
So, you have to choose your evil.  I choose small crackers, in moderation.

Right, we are quietly watching TV... sad story about Robin Williams. 😥😞
Off to bed in an hour or two.
Catch ya tomorrow.

15 comments:

  1. No leftovers..No Leftovers...
    NO LEFTOVERS....what on gods green earth is going on!!!!
    I want to speak to Managment 🤣😂
    #Lacy 💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) :-) :-) I love this!

      Delete
    2. Crisis sorted....😊 There were leftovers
      #Lacy 💙

      Delete
  2. Well done Chris, that's great that you are cutting sugar and feeling better. Afternoon tea looks like it will be fun too! Have fun vacuuming... maybe a video? My daughter is interested in a new one so perhaps I could recommend this to her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:17 AM

    Dry Roasted Almonds is what I gnaw on in-between meals. Or in the car. Just put 10 in your pocket and have at it whenever you feel the urge.

    I am so proud of you for having no sugar. I took it out of my diet a year or so ago. I do use Coconut Palm Sugar - it has a 4 glycemic level...I use it in my coffee and tea. I also use it if I bake, but I rarely do that these days. I do not have a large sweet tooth to begin with, so there is that, too. And that helps.

    Keep up all of the good work!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lacy ohhhh boo hoo lol 😆 I would try a nut mix they're pretty good you can get ones with dried cranberries and other goodies or make your own mix. Have fun this arvo with the group!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on no sugar!! Congrats on vacuuming without pain! Boohoo on forgetting the One thing you went to the store for. I forgot milk one Saturday, but got other stuff not even on my list. Crackers are very good. Dry roasted peanuts also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:34 PM

    Good about you cutting out the sugar...I am also trying to do that as my test was pre diabetes..all white foods such as white bread, rice crackers etc all turn immediately to glucose when consumed (unfortunately) so having nuts as snacks and Robyns ideas are the best snacks for diabetics.

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must ask, what is FBG, as in FBG afternoon tea. It sounds like fun. Like you I have a few crackers, or tea with milk in it, or my current favorite is roasted salted pumpkin seeds. I avoid sugar too, I have it in limited amounts. Enjoy your tea with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. June 2017
    Fat Bottomed Girls

    https://diet-coke-rocks.blogspot.com/2017/06/meh.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhh go you no sugar wowee excellent.
    Giggles excited to vacuum lol
    Blondie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:16 PM

    What crackers do you gather are sugar free? I've looked for ages but haven't found any. I love crackers and tomato. Kj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No crackers are sugar free as such, as we all know carbs convert to sugar. BUT, they are not MADE OF SUGAR like chocolate and lollies!
      So, you have to choose your evil. I choose small crackers, in moderation.

      Delete
  11. I have such a sweet tooth so I am very impressed you have cut it out! Your afternoon sounds lovely ☺️

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.