Monday, April 12, 2021

ANOTHER LOVELY MONDAY

 SORRY to everyone who dislikes Mondays, cos ya have to go back to work.

I just love Mondays.  I can potter around the house, getting it all ship shape and tidy again after the weekend.

I tend to do all my washing on a Monday too, so that's the first thing I do when I get up.

Let the dogs out, and put washing on.

Talking of dogs... they had their weekly ear/tail groom yesterday. edit:  sometimes it is a few weeks between grooms!

ABOVE: I couldn't help myself!  Shih Tzu's usually have a little ponytail don't they?  😂😅😆

I don't think our girls were too impressed.



ABOVE:  I swear, the weekends are just an endless round of feeding people!

And snacks.  Lots of snacks.


ABOVE:  Like, who doesn't sit there thinking "I must get up and do XYZ", then ya stand up and go ... YEAH NAH!

I'm hoping that Stew and I will go on an evening walk a bit more often now that it's cooler in the evenings.

Though, it was damn hot last night, I got home drenched in sweat!  It was literally running off my head.  Just a bit gross.

Right, I'm gunna read the news in bed before I get up and start the day.


12 noon:  And I'm just sitting here.  Cannot for the life of me get going today.
Got all these things running around in my head.
Around and around they go. 

Trying to find the positives, BE positive, but I just feel like I'm in this horrible 'holding pattern'.  Not knowing what's gunna happen.  Having very little control over stuff.
And then there's this:

We do THIS all the time.
Cos ya know, most people really don't want the real answer.

Well I'll tell ya this, if I ask you "How do you feel?",  I want to know!  I bloody care.  
 
I might not be able to help in any tangible way, but a hug certainly feels good.  I'm a hugger.

Bit hard in this COVID world to go around hugging people, but I still do if I can.

So half the day is done... and all I've done is get up, make me bed, shower, dress and not much else!
Hmmmm.... wonder if I can motivate myself to make my afternoon better?

I think it's puzzle time!
6 months today.
How quickly that time  has gone.

Forever Loved.
Forever Missed.

8.28 pm:  And to be honest, the day didn't really get much better.

Brylee came around and took the girls for a walk, which they loved.

I found my 5 puzzle pieces to fit in...  then I cooked a chicken/pasta dinner for Stew, Brylee and I.

It was passable. 
Brylee got the leftovers.  Sorry Lacy.

Now watching some New Zealand music programme on TV called 'POPSTAR'.  It's PAINFUL.  We will NOT be watching it again.  I think we've watched it as long as we have this evening, hoping it would get better.  Yeah, NAH.

I want to change the channel, but for some perverse reason, I want to see it to the end... it's THAT BAD it's almost entertaining.  God, there's tears from the judges now!  WTF?  Are they deaf?

God I'm being a horrible armchair judge right now!  😂😕😝

I better go before I throw something at the TV and tell you ALL about it!



18 comments:

  1. You do ears and tails every week? That is some dedication!
    The pups look cute with their topknots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be very vigilant with their grooms, but nowadays it's very hit and miss!

      Delete
  2. I was just going to say "
    F()ck it"
    Do a puzzle!
    I assume the stuff in your head is stuff you can not do anything about right now. So, one way to stop dwelling on the topic, is distraction. Puzzle = Distraction! But maybe you need a more "
    rewarding" puzzle. As in a puzzle that lets you find a piece once in a while. Putting pieces in does something in the brain (really) like it releases endorphins, the feel good brain chemicals! Me thinks.... You need an endorphin releasing puzzle! Like a 500 piece Ravensburger puzzle or something greatly satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. My daily 'goal' is to find and fit together FIVE pieces together. At that rate I should finish it in about 13 months! lol

      Delete
    2. Let’s just hope you get plentiful endorphins from those 5 pieces- maybe the rarity makes each piece that much more significant!

      Delete
  3. I totally agree that I say FINE but underneath is all sorts of stress, anxiety, worry and drama ---- my boys are away camping for 3 days (school hols) so I'm cleaning the house. I do it a teeeeny bit usually, but today is a bit of a deep clean of all the shelves and window sills etc. Under the TV unit (heavy sigh) and all the nooks and crannies that always get missed or "I'll do that later...."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:15 PM

    I look at photos and sometimes can’t fathom how such a special person with a big life can’t be there anymore. I understand life and death it’s just every now and then I get caught out with missing my parents and my heart just aches. I’m rewatching All creatures great and small, it’s a gentle TV series that makes me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:33 PM

      Sorry forgot to add my name, Jo.

      Delete
  5. Love you Granny you will always be here in spirit.
    I see and hear so much of you in Ma XX 💙💜
    #Lacy 💙

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am stressed to fuckery hate my job and have been having panic attacks. So am not fine and people who care know. But still doing my job and functioning can't wait to get away from the toxic environment into something else. Time flies by 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Robyn xx loves amd hugs to you xx
      💜
      #Lacy 💙

      Delete
  7. Thinking of you, I hated the 6mths anniversary of my mums passing as it just drove home that she was gone, then it was the first year, first birthday, Christmas etc etc...those who say time heals never lost anyone they loved 😢

    ReplyDelete
  8. You never get over a parent's death, but try and think of the happy memories you shared. Mum will always be there with you. 40 years for me for both of them passing. A big hug for you Chris. Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do try to take care of yourself during these trying times. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hugs to you and everyone reading your blog who is need of one at the present time.
    My Mum passed just over two years ago and I still say to myself, "I must call Mum to tell her about this". We were not a huggy huggy family, but we still loved each other.
    Just wish I could meet up with family and friends, its been a long time, over a year now we still cannot get together.
    Chin up..chick.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely picture of your mum. Hang in there things will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a lovely photo of your Mum Chris. I cry every day, when I'm alone, over my mum, I think the events surrounding her passing made it worse for me as I wasn't able to be there to say goodbye (nobody told me she was dying). I will always miss her as you will yours and there will be good days and bad days for all of us who have lost our mothers. Hugs from me.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.