Saturday, April 17, 2021

THE EYES HAVE IT

This morning there will be no sleep in.

Bugger.

But... needs must.   I have an eye examination appointment.

It's my two yearly eye check up through the DHB... I get it due to me being a diabetic.

They put some stuff in your eyes, then scan ya eyeballs, looking for changes over time.

Stew had his done recently and his eyes are fine.

I'm pretty sure mine will be too.

Because you should not drive straight after this examination, Stew is taking me.


Once we have done that, we shall tootle off to The Base and buy a Stick Vacum.  Bex wants hers back.

Pfffft.   I was enjoying using it I must say.

By days end I shall have my own.


ABOVE:  The walk photo from Thursday.  I look like I've got a huge mop of hair eh?  It was all over the damn place.  And hot.

I'm really enjoying getting back into my walking regularly... I'm getting fitter all the time.

It's so neat that these walks happen at varying times of the day and night, so we can all fit them around our schedules.  

And... that's all for now, catch ya later.


 12.15 pm:  My eye exam went well... no problems at all.  My eyes are super sensitive to light right now, might take a few hours for me pupils to go back to normal.
Right now they are HUGE!  Looks very weird.

ABOVE:  There he is, carrying our new vacum to the car, then getting it assembled (didn't take long), and now it's charging.
Might just vacum tonight! 😆😅😂

ABOVE:  We stopped in at the supermarket on our way home from The Base.  I bought this stock.  I'd never bought Fish Stock before, I didn't even know it existed.

I've decided to try making a Seafood Chowder.
I looked at several recipes, and decided to use them as a guide to make one in our crock pot.
Using my own concoction.

Fingers crossed it comes out good!

ABOVE:  Stew giving the Tupperware chopper a go.  It works really well.

ABOVE:  The divas.  OMG just look at Coco!  Begging for her tummy to be rubbed.


5.25 pm:  My Seafood Chowder was a bit more like Seafood Soup.  A bit thinner than a true chowder, but still... delicious!
Next time I make it I'll add more potato and less stock.  Tweak it just a bit.
Stew must love it, he's on to his 2nd really big bowl of it.

We have no plans for the evening.... so I might just bugger off for the day now.
Catch ya tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Great picture outside the church I went to a wedding there a long time ago now. Pretty dreary day here and a bit chilly. Best of luck with the eye exam 💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris, Okay, you were hot after your walk but you, with your new hair style look great:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a new vacuum (note... two uu's in vacuum). I don't want to be the spelling police but it seems I am :) Your spelling and grammar are always so good I just thought I'd point that little thing out so don't take offence. Have fun with your new toy, I know I love it when I get something new!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that hussy coco u r no lady lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell yes our pup we got from Chris and Stew was exactly the same bloody hilarious 😆

      Delete
  5. I put eye drops in one eye once and my pupil was so huge for hours, it looked so freaky! Hope you love your vacuum. Yum seafood chowder sounds great, I’m sure your tweaks to the recipe will make it even better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kiwionholidays5:33 PM

    Enjoy your evening, and love the new vac and the pic of the wee fur baby begging for the tummy rub off Steve

    Pics to treasure 👍🍁

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that chowder looks yummy. I will have to try one soon when the weather gets cooler. I want to move to soups for lunch during winter! Did you just add the seafood at the end if cooking in a crock pot? I assume it would overcook otherwise. Enjoy the new vacuum cleaner. We hardly ever use our old barrel one now that we have a stick vacuum. And we vacuum more which must be a good thing! Liz

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.