Saturday, April 24, 2021

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO STEVE.... AND HOW FUNKY!


TODAY is Steve's birthday.  How wonderful that his brother Mike, and Joyce are up from Palmerston North to spend the day with him.

Lacy, Keera, Brylee and Griffin are all here too.  Amanda would have loved to be here too, but a prior commitment means she's out of town.

We will be having a family dinner tonight.  I am popping out later on to get some salads, cooked chooks etc to feed them all. 

Bex is cooking a birthday cake.  Yummy Banana Cake.  Steve doesn't eat much in the way of sweet things, but he does like a banana cake.

Talking of sweet things... it's now been TEN DAYS without me eating a single sweet thing!  I'm feeling rather proud of myself.  Clearly I won't be having any cake tonight.  πŸ˜‹πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰

A while ago I bought a pottery mushroom from a market.  Can't remember which one!

ANYWAY... I put it in the front garden.

Yesterday when Stew and I came home from town, I noticed some additional colour in the garden.

What is that?  So I wandered over to see:

ABOVE:  Would ya look at that!  Mushrooms (or toadstools) growing right beside my fake mushroom!

And in the same colour too.  Rather amusing I must say. And like... is that weird or what?

ABOVE: These are the new trays we bought to use in our oven.  I love them too!  The fit on one rack, so today I'm going to send Stew out to buy two more.  With the amount of people we often cook for, I need more! 

ABOVE:  Steve took my oven door off so I could clean the glass.  So easy with the door off!

ABOVE:  Look at that.  Not bad for a 23 year old oven!

It's going to be a really lovely day.   Mike and Joyce being here is just so wonderful.
Nothing makes me happier than having family here.  It's all about happiness, laughs and good times. πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’œ


Oh I found out the name of my new blue pottery dish, it is from PORTMEIRION POTTERY... and it's highly collectable. NOT that I'm going to collect it.  It is probably very hard to source here in New Zealand.
I  had a look on most sites, Amazon, EBay, Trade Me etc last night and there was none available anywhere!  Well, not that colour and design that is.
So I feel like I have something rather special. 


ABOVE:  I just love seeing Mike and Joyce here, enjoying being with their family.

ABOVE:  Steve has been given some more Magic Cards, from Mike and Joyce, and from himself (of course!).  He's a happy boy.   We  gave him a joke book.  50 Things To Do While You Poo.  We don't give 'big' presents anymore, it's just too expensive with the number of family members we have.

ABOVE:  A sweeping view of our dining/kitchen/family room tonight.  Kinda full of family.

ABOVE:  Dinner tonight was Roast Chickens, Ham, Roast Beef, Lettuce Salad, Boiled Eggs, Tomatoes, Potato Wedges and Hot Salad Buns.

ABOVE:  Followed by a delicious Banana Cake, baked by Bex and decorated by me.  I really must invest in some small candles!



ABOVE:  NONE of us can sing for shit!  But we tried.  Steve had cake and loved it.

Now... we are winding down, the little kids are watching a movie before bed.
Catch ya tomorrow.

37 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Steve, and happy weekend with your lovely family. I use those baking trays, best ones I have ever used. Love the Mushrooms, must be like when you put a pretend egg in the coop to get the hens laying...hahah Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Steve see ya a bit later
    #LacyπŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Steve I sincerely hope you have a cracking day with the fam πŸ’™ you're a wonderful son 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to Steve. I hope you all have a lovely celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:18 AM

    Happy Birthday Steve. Banana cake is the best. Enjoy your day with your family. Karen J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Steve, hope you have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Steve πŸŽπŸŽ‚

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Steve! πŸ₯³

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those mushrooms are truly weird! I have the same oven as you and didn't realise I could take the glass off the door! Well done on no sugar, that is fantastic and will make such a difference to your health. Have a great family day and HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to unscrew that two door panels to get them apart. Then you can clean both sheets of glass.

      Delete
  11. Happy Birthday Steve! Banana cake sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Am in your neck of the woods this weekend.
    Taking lad to hobbiton for his bucket list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I just posted your table runners! Dang I wish I'd known you were up this way. I hope your son enjoys Hobbiton.

      Delete
  13. Happy birthday Steve. Have an awesome day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday to Steve!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous1:05 PM

    Heres some of that pottery on eBay

    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/294138265010?hash=item447c01bdb2:g:pgIAAOSwTgxgWpT1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, how did you fnd it? I hunted pages worth of pottery on there.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous2:47 PM

      Typed in blue portmeirion pottery

      Delete
    3. Oh that’s the same items I found. I did notice that two different spellings are used

      Delete
  16. Anonymous1:07 PM

    Have an awesome birthday Steve, enjoy celebrating with your family! Have a lovely weekend Chris enjoy being surrounded by those that love you and you love πŸ’•
    Kym/Australia

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG cracking up...it looks like there's a little mini-grandchild sitting up on the edge of the oven door!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have a wonderful day Steve, HAPPY birthday

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday Steve, enjoy celebrating with your family. πŸŽ‚πŸŽπŸŽ‰

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday Steve! Hope you all have a great weekend πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely photos. So good to see Lacy and Keera so happy together.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Birthday Steve.... enjoy the day and the yummy banana cake !!!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you all very much for the birthday wishes, I've had a wonderful day with family, even convinced my wife to touch me this morning :) looking forward to a fun night ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous6:20 PM

    Ha ha... Happy Birthday Steve...

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do realise that your wife only touches you on your birthday and Christmas ?

      Delete
  25. Happy birthday Steve and many more of them. Nice that you can have all the family together....and buy cooked chooks. Enjoy yourselves

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful family pictures lovely to see, happy birthday to you Steve.
    Love the blue cheese dish btw
    Blondie

    ReplyDelete
  27. I tried to post this morning but got an error message twice. So glad to see you all together, and Happy Birthday Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Birthday Steve. I hope you had a wonderful day. That dinner looks absolutely delicious. Love Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous2:17 PM

    Happy Birthday Steve!! Looks like you all had a wonderful day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Belated Happy Birthday to Steve. Looks as though a good time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I don't buy my kids birthday gifts anymore, usually I take them out to dinner and that's expensive with the whole family!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.