Friday, March 23, 2018

2048+

Have you ever started playing a game on your phone or computer, and got 'hooked' on getting the highest score you can get?

I'm sure I'm not the only one!

When we moved here from Auckland, I started playing a new game of 2048+ on my phone,  about a month after we were settled in.

Now, I'd played it before, but had never amassed a really high score, I think my BEST score before moving here was around 52,000.

Now the object of the game is to build your score using 2's and 4's, and joining them together, slowly building up bigger number tiles.

You are supposed to try and make a tile with the number 2048.  Yep, plenty of people get to that and stop, thinking they have 'WON'. ha ha ha!

Not me, and no doubt not thousands of other people too.

So... I've been playing this particular game for 20 months now... and I have got to this number (so far):


ABOVE:  One hundred and ten MILLION, eight hundred odd thousand!!!

I'm now starting to stress out, what if my phone dies?  OMG, I would be gutted!
So, I wanted to record my highest score to date, JUST. IN. CASE.

I probably play this game for about half an hour every day!  Some days not at all.

So, who else is addicted to a game???

Plans for today?  Go into town to buy a dog grooming brush, one that I can use to card wool easier.
I bought some raw wool on TradeMe last night, it is going to be SO MUCH CHEAPER to wash, dye and card my own wool!

I love trying something new, and something I can sell on my stall.

DOGSTARS:  Thanks for the rock/doorstop idea!  I'm going to (hopefully) have some lovely doorstops for my stall next month.

Rocks.  Where to get them from?
Well, Brylee and I went rock-napping yesterday afternoon!

In a new area of town, the council has put gazillions of rocks down the middle of the roads:

ABOVE:  See?  Millions of them.  The Fat Bottomed Girls have often taken some and painted them, then hid them on our walks, to be found by others.  So, I took half a dozen. Don't think they will be missed somehow.

If I actually sell some, I will go source my own after this lot.  There's plenty of rivers around here.


ABOVE:  I got Brylee to do the 'dirty work' ... ha ha ha!

So, now I just have to make a few.

Lunchtime I am going into Hamilton with Anna, one of my FBG girlfriends.  We are visiting 'J' in the Hospice.  Then, depending on the weather, I will be having lunch with Stew then spending the afternoon at the Hamilton Gardens taking some photos, then I will walk into town and get a ride home with Stew at the end of the day. 

And if it's wet, I will just come home with my friend Anna. 

So, that's sorta my day's plan.




LASTLY for now... HAPPY 10TH BIRTHDAY TO TEDDY!  We love and miss you little buddy... we have not forgotten you. 

ONWARD... 

NOT FEELING WELL. BE BACK LATER.

4.53 pm:  My plans kept changing today!
I drove myself into Hamilton instead of getting a lift with Anna.
That way I could get a few things done quicker.

I saw 'J' briefly at the Hospice.  She was needing to sleep after spending a couple of hours in the craft room with another friend.  She's half the girl she used to be physically. Sad.

Then I met Stew in town for lunch.  I had butter chicken... BAD MOVE.

Cos it went straight through me... not fun.

Spotlight... was only in there for 10 minutes when I felt sick as a dog... had to spend half an hour in the bathroom... again, not fun.

After that I had planned on doing the grocery shopping.  Ha ha!  That sure in hell didn't happen.

I came home and lay on the couch, went to the bathroom, lay on the couch, went to the bathroom... repeat.  NOT FUN.

So, a mucked up day.

Stew's car is playing up.  He took it into the garage this morning.  Now he's car-less till they get some part for it.  So I have to go back into Hamilton in an hour or so to pick him up.

Not a problem... unless you have an upset tummy!  Here's hoping I make it in there without 'incident'!


ABOVE:  I felted a BIG rock this morning.  It took probably $40 worth of wool to do... so clearly I won't be doing any more big ones!  NO ONE is going to pay $40 for a rock!
I will be keeping that one (the large one in the photo) for myself.
Instead, I am going to try making some really little ones and turning them into earrings.  

It's all a learning process eh?  But fun.  I love being creative.  I think there's still so much to try in the creative field.  

*SIGH*  it's nearly time to pick up Stewy... I better go.

We've been having trouble with our SKY ... almost every night for a month it's gone 'off' due to atmospheric conditions... so we have to disconnect the Sky Box several times before it goes again.
Tonight... even that didn't work... so I rang SKY.

Was on hold for 36 minutes, then finally got to talk to a woman.  She talked Stew through several steps to re-boot the box.  It didn't work, so she said she would schedule a Sky technician to come out... the earliest time was next Tuesday morning!

OK... if that's the best they can do... I took the appointment.
Then the STUPID BITCH tried selling me MORE Sky products!!!

I actually said to her, "Are you bloody joking?  You are trying to sell me MORE sky products when we don't even have Sky right now?  Are you crazy?"

I have to give it to her, she remained cool, calm and collected!  She must be so used to irate people yelling at her!

But... after telling her I didn't want any more shit from them, she tried to get me to enter their competition to 'WIN' being able to watch Joseph Parker fight!  I told her where to shove THAT  too.  OMG.   She's lucky Stew took most of her call... I would have lost it way sooner otherwise.  

And just to cap off our evening... Stew went into the lounge and mucked around with that TV... and now we have SKY again!   Don't know for how long... but for now we have TV again, till we don't.  I'd smile, but I just don't have the energy.

I'm going to sign off for the day now... I'm done with today.

18 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:42 AM

    Saved as a favorite, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Glad you liked the felted rock idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to play 2048 now I am hooked on cross word and whirly word with a bit of 4 pics 1 word to break it up (I think that is the one we showed you when Sio & I visited).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your day sounds lovely. I play Criminal Case and candycrush soda every day. Every so often I crack it and ignore them but they call me back!!

    I remember when you got Teddy ... I can't believe it's been 10 years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2048 is a favourite of mine too...

    Happy Birthday Teddy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no ... hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you are going to make earrings, you could just use felt balls (no rocks). Then they would be soft and lightweight. Was that your plan?

    ReplyDelete
  8. $40 worth of roving. Oops. You better raise your own sheep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have quite enough room here for a sheep... so I've bought some bloody cheap raw wool from a lady who has sheep! I'm going to have fun dying and carding it myself.

      Delete
  9. Ha ha! Definitely NO ROCKS with earrings! Just as you say, little felt balls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes thanks... I think I have to avoid large midday meals!

      Delete
  11. Jesus your days are so eventful and funny all at the same time belt earrings I saw a Easter felt material bag with felt pom pom fringes

    ReplyDelete
  12. And thought of you

    ReplyDelete
  13. We got rid of Sky years ago now with no regrets what so ever. In fact nearly everything we watch now is either on Netflix or the internet. Sky is a complete waste of money these days. I hope you are feeling better now :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you feel better today. Good luck sorting out you TV problems. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ugh I hate when my stomach does that. I've had to throw away my undies more than once in a public bathroom. Thanks (no) gallbladder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that... had my gallbladder out about 17 years ago... and no bastard told me the consequences of THAT did they?

      Delete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.