Thursday, December 15, 2022

WILL HE?

 Stew's back is killing him... he could hardly move last night!

So, he's not sure about going to work today.  I think he will make up his mind a bit later on.

He can work from home, so that's not a problem.

As for me, I am heading over to Cambridge to deliver a bowl cosy to my friend Debs.  I was supposed to take some over for her last night, but forgot.

The pastry 'sausage roll' I made using Cranberry sauce, ham, camembert cheese and fresh basil leaves went down extremely well last night, so I will be making that again.  Stew had some for his dinner and he loved it too.

I think without the ham it might have been less yummy.  The ham padded it out well.

One of the games we played last night involved us holding a piece of card on our heads and drawing a Christmas Tree, with presents under and a star on top.

ABOVE:  It was fun!  And I think I did quite well with mine:

ABOVE:  Not bad eh?  lol

Righty ho, time to snuggle down for a bit longer.  Catch ya later.


Stew is working from home today.  He slept in till 9am, so must have needed that extra sleep.

Meanwhile, I've been over to Cambridge and sold a couple of bowl cosys, did some shopping and looked at the Christmas trees set up in the town hall.

ABOVE:  There were about a dozen trees altogether, a much smaller display this year.  There was also an area selling Christmas Decorations etc, and again, much smaller that previous years.

ABOVE: This was my favourite tree, very nautical.

ABOVE:  I took quite a few close up photos of the fish, crabs etc.  Thought I might make my own for our tree next year.

It's now 11.30 and I might think about lunch...

AND.  THEN.  SHE.  FELL.  ASLEEP!
What a nana.

Just had a visitor from Stew's work, hand delivering donuts!  Delicious, and the best donuts I've ever had.  Even better than Mama's donuts, who are almost 'famous' here in Hamilton.
These ones were from some place in a lane off Barton Street.  Must find out the name and tell ya.  SO YUM!!!

10.29 pm:  I finally got my sewing room all tidy, so now I can shut the door and leave it until next year probably.

We've had a quiet evening, just watching telly.
Time to sign off for the day.

6 comments:

  1. Did Stew go to the Doc yesterday? If not, maybe he should go today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he did see the Doctor yesterday. He's now on Prednisone and pain killers. Hoping he is better soon.

      Delete
    2. That ought to fix him right up - Prednisone is nasty but EFFECTIVE & FAST.

      Delete
  2. Glad Stew is on top of his back pain. You can't be a man down over Christmas.
    That tree is so you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Jelly Fish and life rings , too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiwionholidays4:59 PM

    Fab to catchup again love the donut delivery idea πŸ’―πŸ•ΊπŸΏ
    Hope the health problems get sorted soon
    Will keep reading your so good blog Chris n co,when we can πŸ‘
    N catchup up again early next year 2023



    Take care πŸš¦πŸƒ‍♀️πŸš™πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’
    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.