Monday, December 19, 2022

PROCRASTINATION

 Legs.  Need shaving.  Been putting it off for weeks.

Can't any longer.  😖  So that is top of me 'to do' list today.

Then I want to go to Spotlight and get some tape/ribbon for attaching to the dining room seat cushions.  Then they will stay on the bloody chairs.

Then there's all the usual Monday jobs to do as well.

Washing, watering friggin plants, beds changed, bla bla bla.

I did an online order yesterday, and am expecting it to arrive soon, as it's only coming from Tirau.

I saw a little something in The Interiors Barn yesterday, and almost bought it then. But didn't at the time.  Then we got home and I thought, "Why not?"... and got it online.

Seriously, it really is something little!  Wait till you see it!  Ya gunna laugh.

I was going to share some of the photos I took of the Christmas Lights in Harrowfield last night.  But every photo was blurry!  Moving car. *sigh*

Maybe next year we will walk the loop and I'll get better photos.

Time to get up and start the day... catch ya later.

1.58 pm:  Well today didn't go as planned.

I woke up and felt quite ill, tummy was doing flip flops.

I spent a considerable amount of time in the bathroom.  Then I had a nap.

After about 11.30 am, I got the washing out, did a few odd jobs around the house and then went out.

Our water blaster isn't working properly, so I dropped that off for servicing.  It's under warranty, so no cost.  But won't get it back now until after New Year ... bugger.

Then I did a grocery shop.  Came home and put it all away.  And that's it.

I'm friggin done.  The other jobs will have to wait.


4.30 pm:  Bex called in after lunch so the boys could have a swim.  That was lovely.  I was too hot and bothered and tired to even contemplate getting in the pool!

It is an absolutely gorgeous sunny day today.  But HUMID in the extreme.

After Bex 'n' boys left I went to the Countdown in town and bought another 900 gram round block of Brie Cheese.  It was the only one I could find in Hamilton!  It's a very cost effective way of buying it, as opposed to getting the little 100 gram rounds,  that's for sure.

The traffic out there is crazy... every man and his dog is on the damn road.  It's only going to get worse over the course of this week as people do their last minute Christmas and grocery shopping.

I think I've got just about everything I need for Christmas now, except fresh fruit and cream.  I finally managed to get some pavlova baskets today!

The lady at Countdown was putting them out when I was there this morning, and I grabbed 4 packets.  She said they had only just come in and they expected to be sold out in a couple of hours!  Lucky I was there at the right time.  I'm doing pavlova baskets, with custard/cream and fruit for desserts this year.

I also have Brandy Snap Baskets and Sweet Pastry Baskets, covering all the bases.

We are not expecting many for Christmas Day dinner this year.  The circle shrinks ... but those that care and want to be here will be.  And that is what matters to us.

I'm no longer bothered who does or does not come... I just want a peaceful, happy day.

Stew and I deserve that.

OH and worth noting.  I'm not sending out invites only to have them totally ignored.  Been there, done that.  

Not letting anyone think they can hurt us by ignoring us again either.  Shame there are people out there who TRY to hurt ya eh?

I know we are not alone in this... it's just sad.

Luckily, we are now immune to it.  Live and love those who care.


😂😅😉 I think I have too much time on my hands!  I over think so much shit.


Dinner tonight was Chicken Schnitzel and salads.  Very yum.

We have an early start again tomorrow so I'll be off to bed early.

Catch ya tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:37 PM

    Sorry you've been ill and I am glad you felt better and well enough to get out and about to do chores. Can't wait to see the little thing you bought. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take it easy, have a binge watch day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m a overthinker too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:26 PM

    While you are feeling the way you do about certain people and maybe always will, you would probably not want them to come for Christmas even if you invited them. Think Christmas and try to stop over-thinking or you will spoil the day for yourself. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  5. But did you shave your legs ? I must do mine 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:06 AM

    You put a lot of yourself into making people happy, this Christmas do it take you and Stew happy and you will enjoy it so much more. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:28 AM

    Please post photos of all the baskets. I looked up the Pavlova baskets and it looks like it might be a meringue nest type shape.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.