Tuesday, December 06, 2022

GOSH... JUST MORE OF THE SAME

 Last night I spent two hours cutting out batting for leaves.  I sat on the couch in the family room and watched the TV while doing it.

Nice for a change of scene. 😉😊

ABOVE: There's about 80 leaves there!  I sure have a head start on making them today, by having cut all the batting out already.

What's funny is that I probably won't even sell a UCKI PLANT this weekend!  But I sure will have enough of them.  😂😅

Once I have made some 'spare' plants, I am going to take a break from sewing.  I simply don't need anything else right now.

IF I sell a lot over the two December markets, then I will have some work to do before the two January markets.  But for now... I've got plenty of stock. 

ABOVE:  I'm thinking of buying a rebounder (mini trampoline).  Primarily to increase my fitness, help with weight loss, bone density bla bla bla.

I've had it on my mind for a few months.

Does anyone out there know much about how effective they are for fitness/weight etc?

Does anyone have one?  Use one?

I envision me bouncing while watching the tv.

There's quite a few exercises you can do on them apparently, and because of the nature of trampolines, you have low impact on ya body/joints etc.  Which is ideal for us who are not spring chickens any more.

So... any knowledge/info would be greatly appreciated.

And now... it's time to get back to me day.

I'm hosting Card Night tonight.  So I will be heading out to the supermarket first thing this morning to get a few bits 'n' bobs. 

Then... back to LEAVES.  


3.25 pm:  And I now have 10 UCKI PLANTS made ready for market!
A good days work is behind me, and I now have my feet up.
Did a quick grocery shop this morning, so I'm set for tonight's Card Night.

It's Weight Watchers tonight as well... so I will just weigh and go.  I don't need to sit and listen to the usual drivel.  Heard it all before.
They are constantly 'reinventing' the same shit, using different names, points systems etc.  It's laughable how many I've seen and heard over the years.
I only go for accountability and some company.  Doubt I will ever make any friends in this group.
Just can't see it happening.

Rounding up the day... excellent effort in the sewing room.  And a lovely evening with dear friends who came over from Cambridge for card night.  So much fun, lots of laughs and good snacks.
I never care about winning/losing, it's all about having a good time with friends.

ABOVE: I'm pretty sure Bex LOVES winning!  😉😊

And now, it's time to wind up and say... catch ya tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:27 AM

    I have a rebounder Chris,but mine doesn’t have the grab handle as mine was just a cheap one.My sister recommended them to me when she was diagnosed with diabetes and by using hers in front of the telly and Weight Watchers she lost 51lb in weight and put her diabetes into remission.I use mine most days mainly when listening to music and I have lost 31lb in weight and put my diabetes into remission.If you get one go for an expensive one as they last a lot longer than the cheaper versions.Wendy (from the UK)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:42 AM

    The plants will certainly be show stoppers in your booth. They are unique and attention getting. No clue about a trampoline. I would probably ignore it like all the rest of the exercise gear I have acquired. What about walking in the treadmill and watching Netflix on notebook or whatever you can watch from the treadmill? Walking is good and would be gentle on the boobs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:06 AM

    Chris I wouldn’t bother with rebounder, it is a hard workout, just look at this one photo, this is what you have to do continuously, would Bex be interested in walking with you after the kids are at school (only saying this not knowing what Bex has going on in her day), walking outside is therapeutic, birds, scenery, vitamin D, having a chat. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:07 AM

    Sorry, that comment from Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like all exercise machines they work if ya throw yaself at them but id be terrified of falling off the rebounder. Walk to Bex for a cuppa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:37 AM

    I would fall off it and seriously injure myself. I suggest the treadmill or waking with Bex. Good luck no matter what you decide! Ky Girl

    Plus your pool is almost ready to open and you can do pool exercises.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:03 AM

    I have a rebounder, bought one of the therapeutic ones a few years ago. Don’t use it much, but you may have inspired me! We recently bought ebikes- fold up ones so we take them on our travels. Brilliant! We try not to use too much power, to get a workout, but it’s so good knowing you have help to get up hills or when you’re knackered. We did a 16km ride the other day, no way that would have happened on a normal bike 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never used one, don't know of anyone who has one. If I used it I would worry about loosing my balance and suffering an injury. Give me a lovely walk outside as Marie has noted

    ReplyDelete
  9. I say go for it get a rebounder try it if it’s not you a mini tramp for the kids over summer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:24 PM

    Well done Bex. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:45 PM

    Very late to the party, but just to add that rebounder work doesn't have to be super hard, or high intensity, and you still get a good work out. There's a reason NASA uses them for returned astronauts. Check a guy on internets, Cellercise, lots of good info there. Start gently, 20 mins three times a week, and build from there. Too many workouts on youtube are crazy and will put you at high risk of injury and/or burnout in double time. Pop it in front of the tv, gentle high knee walking, gentle jogging or jumping jacks, introduce arm movements once you find it getting easy, bounce a little higher and/or faster when you stop feeling challenged. An excellent alternative to water workouts when you can't get to them. Really does work on cardio vascular and bone density, plus excellent for lymphatic system drainage. Good luck! K

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.