Saturday, December 24, 2022

THE DAY BEFORE....PREP

Today we are doing our final grocery shop before tomorrow's festive feast.

I've decided to make a trifle, something I've not done in many years.

I'm feeling a bit nervous.  Mostly because I'm worried that what we need from the supermarket will be sold out.

Trifle sponge, fresh cream and so on.

I suppose we won't know till we get down there eh?

After the grocery shopping Stew is going to mow the lawns before we end up having to get a hay bailer!

While he's doing that, I will be making sausage rolls for lunch.  Amanda is coming for lunch today as she won't be here tomorrow.

Joel, her 2nd son, is down with Covid for the second time! So her little family is a bit scattered at the moment, avoiding each other so no one else gets it.

We hope to see her two younger kids in the next few days.

This afternoon I will be making the trifle, and a big potato salad.  Oh and I better get the chickens out of the freezer.

I was going to make platters for Christmas lunch, but I changed my mind.  I want roast chickens, ham, salads and trifle, ice cream, fruit etc!  I've been buying most of the bits 'n' bobs for Christmas Day for the past few weeks.

Certainly helps spread the cost out.

Same with gifts.  I start Christmas Shopping in January.  Anyone else do that?

Right, that's me for now.

I will be back later.

I  ONLY WANT ONE THING for Christmas.  Can anyone guess what that is?

I seriously doubt anyone will get it right.  lol

9 am:  Well we have been to the supermarket, Countdown wasn't too busy, but New World was.

The only thing we couldn't find was Potato Salad dressing in the brand we wanted.  But, we did find an alternative, so here's hoping it's as good as ETA.

Mike 'n' Joyce also went to the supermarket.  J Baby is a BOGAN and went in her PJ's!    Mike said one lady was giving her the evil eye so he politely asked her "What, haven't you seen pyjamas before?"  And she quickly turned away. 😂😅😂

The dogs are still getting along.

ABOVE:  Our girls were hoping they'd get some of Beau's breakfast.  lol

My Christmas Wish.  So far Brylee has guessed:

- Tom Hanks

- No drama or chaos tomorrow

- Curling iron

- My two front teeth ... pretty sure I actually have them!

And none of those guesses are right.

Keep trying.  

AT THE END OF THE DAY I WILL TELL YOU WHAT I REALLY, REALLY WANT FOR CHRISTMAS.


To order to be FAIR, I am not going to get what I want for Christmas THIS YEAR... but maybe next year I will! 


We had  a very nice visit from Amanda and BF for lunch today.  I made sausage rolls, they were bloody nice.

After they left, and because I changed my mind about dessert for tomorrow, I needed a trifle bowl.

You know, glass, deep, straight up and down sides.

Do I have a bowl like that?  NO.

So Stew and I went to The Base to find one.

Did we find one?

NO.  

Ran into Mike 'n' Joyce though. "Hi kids".

Came home.

And as I sat down, Stew pointed to something on a kitchen shelf.

And he said "How about THAT?"

ABOVE: That's the glass jar we bought in Palmerston North a while ago.  It's  NOT perfect, but it will do!  Isn't Stewy a clever bugger!  😂😊😉  AND he's gorgeous.

5.30 pm and I have just finished making the potato salad and trifle.  Both look wonderful.

ABOVE:  The jar has worked beautifully!  I'm so happy with it.  Fingers crossed the trifle tastes as good as it looks.
Tomorrow I will add crushed Brandy Snaps on the top and we can have the trifle with ice cream and Pavlova Baskets.

We are all sharing dinner this evening, takeaways of some sort. No decision has been made yet on WHAT that will be.  Food is food at the end of the day.

And now I'm going to sign off for the day.
BUT NOT BEFORE TELLING YOU ALL WHAT I REALLY, REALLY WANT FOR CHRISTMAS!




GOTTCHA.  Ya didn't expect that did ya.

24 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:54 AM

    A stress free Christmas and 2023? What a gift! Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your trifle - it's on my to-do list today as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive never made my trifle and broken glass jelly day before sure wold takeload of pressure off the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:35 AM

    Good weather, no rain... Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. No stress with anyone in your family, good health for everyone. I will take Tom Hanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trifle is on my to do list today.
    My Christmas wish is all my family together tomorrow, is that your wish.
    It’s not happening here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:34 AM

    Your fence put in - ?
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that would be nice, but NO, that is not what I really want for Christmas.

      Delete
  8. Anonymous11:39 AM

    I think you want some Peace for the rest of the year? Peta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:16 PM

    Motor home to travel in NZ
    Stew retiring
    Traveling overseas

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:20 PM

    Weight loss ? and health. Peta

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous2:21 PM

    Mike and Joyce to have a baby? and move closer to you? Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE that... but its not the correct answer this time.

      Delete
  12. Anonymous2:29 PM

    LTM at WW?! It has taken me many attempts and I finally got there earlier this year...now trying to stay there. And it ain't easy! Wishing you all a very happy Christmas. LOVE your blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already a Life Time Member at WW. Thank you for loving my blog 😊🥰

      Delete
  13. yayyy Stew, well done!! Merry Christmas to everyone over the ditch xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Inhave j7st been to warehouse for trifle bowl too...last shift i got rid of all my catering stuff because i wouldnt need it again and here i am making bloody trifle and broken glass jelly for tomorrow and no bowls bigger than 2 cups. Gggrrr thankfully warehouse wasn't to mental so got in and out unscathed

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would not have guessed that! But I did guess your boobs would not like your little tramp(oline).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous7:22 PM

    Hahaha - smaller tits for Xmas :D
    Go for it - I did just that 18 months ago and absolutely one of the best decisions I've ever made!!!
    Wishing you all a lovely Xmas - I have my kids + partners here for a few days so a full house, as it's usually just me here on my own :)
    Tracy, Cornwall, UK.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous4:29 AM

    I think that wish is a marvelous idea. And your back will thank you in the long run.
    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL girl! Not what I was expecting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah, smaller boobs. I did that back in 2007 and while they have grown back a bit they are still nothing like they were! I know that may not be an option for you though given the bleeding you have. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous11:57 PM

    Great idea for your trifle, looks great! And yes, your man is gorgeous! kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.