Tuesday, December 13, 2022

I'LL JUST MAKE IT!

Yesterday ANON suggested I make my own quilted star for the top of our tree.

Excellent idea.  I will have a go this morning.  I don't know why I didn't think of it myself?

Something like this:


ABOVE:  But using colours that suit my tree dΓ©cor.  

So, that's my first project of the day... AFTER I get the washing done.

I totally forgot to do it yesterday.  There's quite a big basket to get washed and dried.

I wonder what the weather gods are gunna throw at us today?  We are expecting more damn rain.

ABOVE:  I was lucky yesterday and got the gazebo sides all dried out in the good weather.


ABOVE: You can waste a friggin lot of time on Facebook, but sometimes things pop up that are worth it.  I'm gunna make this Cranberry and Cheese 'wreath' for our Card Night : End of Year meeting tomorrow night.


ABOVE:  Silly boys in the pool last night.  The water hasn't had enough consistent sun on it to warm up enough for me to get in yet.

Dante and Archer's lips were blue by the time they got out.  


ABOVE: spoiled tarts.  
Marley is in my bad books again.  Last night she ate another Christmas ornament... chewed the pom pom off the top of a santa hat.  Grrrrr!

I'll be locking her in the garage if she's not careful.

Right, I better think about getting up soon.  The washing ain't gunna do itself. πŸ˜•


10.10 am:
Well I got all the usual household jobs done. Then I decided I wanted to get all the pool chemicals out of the gym room, and into the big outdoor squab box, which is inside the pool area.

ABOVE:  I opened that box to find a gazillion friggin ants, and almost as many cockroaches.
So I  had to spend half an hour killing bugs then washing it out.
NICE.
But at least all the chemicals are in it now, and out of the gym room.

ABOVE: After that there were a few weeds I wanted to pull... just a few, cos OMG there's thousands of those buggers after all the rain and heat!
We will need to do another family working bee on the garden I reckon.

ABOVE: Last night Steve and Bex helped me move the shelving unit that was in the corner (X), with the succulents on it, out.  Now the outdoor setting could go back in that corner. 
 I can get both sunroom doors open again.

ABOVE:  The succulents are now on top of that air-conditioning unit.

ABOVE:  And now I'm a stinkin' hot mess, in need of another shower!

It's getting darker... which means we will be getting rain soon.  Oh ya.

ABOVE:  MY Tree topper STAR.  Totally unique and ME.  That beautiful button has been in my button collection for over 20 years!
I kept holding off using it, knowing the perfect project would come along one day for it.


ABOVE:  I'm happy with our tree now.

Time to stop for lunch.  It's raining now too.  πŸ˜’πŸ˜ 

3.50 pm:  I have had a quiet afternoon.  Not in the mood to do much after my efforts this morning.
I heard from one of my Mum's sisters this afternoon.  Her 58 yr old daughter (my cousin) just passed away from liver cancer.
She was diagnosed only a few weeks ago, so she went very quickly.  So, so sad.  I'm feeling so sorry for her husband and two daughters, who are only in their 20's.
Sharon is going to miss out on their weddings, and grandchildren to come.  Life can be so cruel.

I have WW tonight.  I think I will have a small loss.  Still working towards my first goal by the end of the year.  I might make it.  (- 10 kgs)

Dinner this evening will be Beef Rissoles, potato wedges and a lettuce salad.  I will make it when I get home from WW.

Home from WW very happy.  I lost .700 grams this week.  Taking my total loss (this round) to 7.1 kilos (15.6 pounds).  
Two more weigh in's till the end of the year... I wonder if I will get to my minus 10 Kgs???
Might be pushing my luck considering Christmas.
But I will try.

Catch ya tomorrow.


10 comments:

  1. I love that star idea. You will have ti include them in next years markets for sure! Cute pic of Steve and dogs! The recipe looks yum. Are you going to buy fresh basil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one thing that is very certain the washing doesn't do it self...thank god dont live in the days of coppers and boiling water to wash it took all day thank god for whoever it was that invented automatic washing machines

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:53 PM

    You’re very clever Chris, coming from someone who can’t take up a hem. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Christmas tree star….very you 😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. That star is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on the loss πŸ“‰

    ReplyDelete
  7. The star is so you love it and yay to the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tree topper. Congrats on the weigh in. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.