Friday, December 09, 2022

LUNCH MEET UP

I'm looking forward to today.  I'm going over to Cambridge for lunch with a bunch of ladies from the FBG group.

It will be lovely to catch up with them, now that I'm not an active walking member of the group.  Now days I'm just a 'social' member.

I'm undecided if I will re-join next year.  I have a 'few' lovely friends from the group, but mostly they are just people I can say 'Hi' to in the street. 

It is what it is.

After I get home from lunch I will probably make a start on the friggin Christmas Tree.

Putting the lights on first.  Oh yaa.

Anyone else loathe doing the bloody tree like me?

Stupid thing is, once it's done I love it. 😖😉



2.40 pm:  I'm back from a delightful lunch with 16 friends in Cambridge.
Lovely company and food.

It is now pissing down with rain. Rather relieved I didn't put any washing outside today.
Hopefully this weather clears by tomorrow afternoon.

I must admit to rather enjoying this down time... not sewing.  Not doing much of anything really.
Do I feel lazy?
NOT AT ALL.
I've worked hard to build up my market stock over the past few months, so I can actually enjoy some time 'off'.

I'm going to sit here now and watch a movie or documentary on Netflix.  It's cold so I'm gunna haul me blankie on too.  BLISS.

LOL... I had a nap instead.  Then I prepared Stew's dinner. He's having corned beef, potato, carrot dish and Chuck Wagon Corn (mixed veges).  With a white cheese sauce.  I'm sure he will love it.

Marley got into the christmas decorations while I was out.  One santa has lost his beard.  Little shit.  I've now shut off the lounge so she can't get in there.
It's not like she doesn't have a gazillion toys to play with either.  Grrrrr.

9.34 pm:  cruisy evening just watching the tv.  Thankful we don't have to get up early in the morning for a market... it's not until 4 pm.  Awesome.

6 comments:

  1. A "few" lovely friends should be a good reason to rejoin. Plus accountability, socialization, exercise, getting out and about. Blah Blah Blah.
    I don't have a tree - but do love them.
    Waiting for the tree pics !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mine putting up, it's taking down I hate with a passion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:45 PM

    Enjoy your time with your FBG chics!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. U most certainly deserve some down time..i get exhausted reading what u put in a day. So hot here today and again tomorrow I'm exhausted add to that strong gusty winds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh marley lol she does love her toys. Does she have Amy Xmas toys? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a fan of putting up the Christmas tree either. Lucky the grandsons did it this year. Recued the frigging Elf on a Shelf from the dogs' mouth prior to him ripping it to shreds. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.