Friday, December 23, 2022

LAST DAY FOR TWO WEEKS

 Yep.

Today Stew gets to stop work for a couple of weeks.

I know he is really hanging out for it.  He's so tired.

Of course, there will be some yard work to be done over the next week or so, cos our lawns look ready for making hay!

But basically, we are going to kick back and just relax, enjoy visiting friends and family, and so on.

Lots of time in the pool.  Provided the weather plays nice that is.

We are expecting Mike and Joyce this evening.  Can't wait to see them again.

And at some point today Lacy is calling in to collect her car.  I'm really looking forward to that!  It's been a bloody eyesore on my driveway I can tell ya.

I'm working on a new Market 'Sign' for my Gazebo ... I started it yesterday.  I will work on it some more today.

There wasn't too much 'wrong' with the first one I made, I just wasn't 100% happy with it.  I'd joined two pieces together to form the sign, and it wasn't PERFECT.   While I have time up my sleeve, I decided to make a better one.

And... that's me for now.

Catch ya later.


11 am, and I've finished outlining the lettering for my sign.

ABOVE: Now I have to decide if I leave it that simple, or embellish it a bit?  What do you think?
I was thinking MAYBE some pretty flower stitching around it?  Dunno.
I still have to put the backing on it, perhaps a strip of thin wood along the bottom to keep it straight?  Decisions, decisions.

5.40 pm:  I went to WW over in Melville today.  It was a 20 minute drive in heavy traffic.  Melville is an outer suburb of Hamilton, south of us.
I went up .500 grams.  A bit annoyed with myself, but totally understand the gain.  Emotional eating is going on.  
Too much stress in the background.
I hope to reign it in over the next week.  HA HA HA!  Tis Christmas FFS.
But I will try.

I spent the remainder of the afternoon folding and putting away washing, preparing linen for Mike 'n' Joyce, and draining the pool.

It just won't clear up 100%, and I've now spent $120 on three different Clarifiers to no avail.  So the pool experts said I should drain at least a third of the water out and replace it with fresh.

So, I am now flooding my back yard!  But needs must.  The cloudiness was doing my bloody head in.  All the chemical levels were bang on, so it's just shit water.

Stew arrived home fairly early, like 5.20 pm.  He's done.  Totally ready to just put his feet up and have a beer (or rum).  😊😉😋🍺

Mike 'n' Joyce are about 3/4's of the way here, making good progress.  Can't wait to see them.

ABOVE: And the kids have arrived safely.
Beau and the girls are getting re-acquainted.  Some argy-bargy, growls and snaps from the girls which Beau just LOVES!
He wants to play with them, but they ain't having a bar of it.
But on a whole, they are getting along not too bad.

Time to sign off for the day.  Catch ya tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Glad the car is being removed shortly so it isn't taking up space. Our Christmas plans are uncertain due to the so called "Once in a Generation" storm effing up Christmas all over the country. We certainly didn't get as much snow (yesterday) as we thought - so we might be good. Is Beau coming (that's their dog, right)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:14 AM

    I hope one of the kids can mow the lawn for Stew. Worst thing for a bad back. Enjoy the family. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:55 PM

    I’m very much a “less is more” person. So I think your sign is perfect as it is. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new sign, it look great. Maybe a edging but I don’t think it needs much more.
    Enjoy your time with family 😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leave the sign as is. You don't want it to detract from the runners themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for leave the banner simple but knowing you it will be embellished 😂

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:43 PM

    I think putting flower stitching around the border areas will be very pretty and finish the piece off. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:34 PM

    I think if you embellish it, it will blend with runners, and people will not see/read it.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.