Thursday, December 29, 2022

IS IT HAPPENING?

 Could today be THE DAY?

The guys are going to head off to Mitre 10 to get the bits 'n' bobs necessary to assemble our GATE!

I'm hoping like hell they can get the 'special' hinges Steve needs to make the gates swing open properly.

The 'problem' is the gates have to swing open on a sloping driveway.  It only has a slight slope, but it's still a slope.  

So... of course I will post photos of any progress made.

Once they have got what they need at Mitre 10 we shall swing by Para Rubber again, as I need PH DOWN for the pool.  😖😡😠  Yet more chemicals to pour into the bloody pool!

I swear to God if I don't get it right soon I will have to get the pump looked at.  It's about the only thing I haven't done YET. 

On a brighter note... it's a lovely day!  It looks like all the rain we have had is over and summer really is finally here.  Well... at least for the next week or so anyway, lol.

ABOVE:  Mike sent me this photo, it's one of his favourites from Christmas Weekend.  I swear Beau is smiling.  😊💜💚💙


And that's me for now... catch ya later.


11.30 am:  And we have been out and about, gathered up all the hardware necessary for the gate and more chemicals for the pool.

The pool  !!!   Is looking clearer today.  Thank God.  I really was getting super pissed off with it.
I have overdosed it with the Clarifyer... fuck what they said to put in it!   It wasn't working.
I'll do it my way ... as per usual.

The guys have started on the gate:

ABOVE:  We have one post in!  lol
Don't they look like utter dags in their sunhats?  But if it works for them, all good.

I'm now going to make them cheese scones for lunch.


ABOVE:  The parcel fiasco!   The parcel has spent several days going from place to place in Chicago... and when I checked this morning, it was going to CINCINATTI, Ohio!  WTF?

ABOVE:  Nicole, I think it's taking the long way!  😂😊😅

ABOVE:  Cheese scones made, jam and cream on the ready.  LUNCH.

ABOVE:  Can't see much progress yet... but it is happening!

ABOVE:  One gate on.  2nd one to go, then the fence panels on both sides.

ABOVE:  Two gates installed, and locked even.
Tomorrow the guys will install the side panels so the front yard is completely enclosed, and safe for the dogs to be out there.
They are gunna go nuts!

We all just had a fantastic swim, the water is so nice and refreshing.


End of the day:  Steve is knackered and has gone home to sleep.  He copped a bit of sun today, he's not used to working outside anymore.
Stew looks a bit sunburnt too. They both better use heaps of sunscreen tomorrow.

Dinner this evening was just scones and ham!  Waste not and all that.  

Catch ya tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. While we wait - show us where this fence/gate is going to go.
    You have had so few problems with the pool up to this point. I wonder why it has gone wonky?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:06 AM

    That is an adorable picture. Love seeing Miss Muppet! Good luck on the hinges and gate overall. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:45 PM

    The gate is looking great. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gate looks great - have you checked that neither of the doggos can squeeze through or under - they are little Houdini's after all :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:20 PM

      I wondered whether they would be able to squeeze under too. Audrey

      Delete
  5. Kiwionholidays4:35 PM

    Gates look awesome
    Great team effort ,
    Love the pics last few days
    Thanks for sharing your lives with us across the Tassie atm,

    Enjoy the pool 🏊‍♂️ Well worth all the effort now it’s sparkling again Chris
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get it now! The doggies will love their new space!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.