Saturday, December 10, 2022

OUR FIRST TWILIGHT MARKET

AHHHH...... we get to sleep in.

So good.

Stew will do his usual grocery grab this morning, while I sort out our stuff and make sure everything is ready for packing into the car later on today.

PRAYING for the weather to clear and stay clear for us.

But the forecast is for rain all day.  Damn it. 

I cannot believe how much rain we have had over the past 2 months, it's been relentless.

Totally fucks up all the pre-Christmas markets, that's for sure.

Looking ahead, our next market is supposed to be a wet day too!  I can't believe our luck, or lack of it.

Bex is doing a different market to me today, hers starts this morning and goes till 1 pm.  I hope she does well.

So, that's me for now.  Catch ya later.


Out my window this morning:

OMINOUS.
Stew and I are just sitting relaxing until we pack the car.  We will have an early lunch before we leave as well.   Not much else to do right now at all.

12.30 pm:  Well we have had a nice morning.  We visited Ren and Bex at their market in Riverlea Road.  Seemed like a nice enough market.  
A good number of people were there too.
 
The weather is holding... masses of clouds and stormy looking areas, but no rain yet.

ABOVE:  We had brunch in Chartwell Square.  I felt gypped when I saw Stew's Big Breakfast!  I had Eggs Benedict.  It was very average.  I think I'm over Eggs Benedict!

ABOVE:  We grabbed some pop corn... will take some with us today to snack on.  It will be better than donuts I'm thinking.  😂😅

That brand of pop corn, SWEET AS, 'Sweet & Salty' is the best one out there by the way.   I've tried them all.  😊  Of course, that's only my opinion.

We will be heading off in half an hour... giving ourselves plenty of set up time.

ABOVE: We got unloaded and half set up... then it began POURING DOWN!
It hasn't stopped yet.
But it might.
NOT expecting lots of people in this weather.
I'm so fucking OVER this shitty weather. I'd like to STAB the Weather God 16 times in the chest!

ABOVE: All set up. Slight modification to the setup due to the rain.
And it has stopped  raining... for now.


ABOVE: I'm very happy with my signs. Now people don't have to wonder what my Runners are for. TABLE OR WALL. 

It has stopped raining and there's a few people starting to come out.

8.25 pm.  We are home earlier than anticipated.
We started packing up an hour early, so did many others.
It was our ....


We had thunder, lightening, and torrential rain.
On an off to be honest, but when it rained, it was horrendous.
There were quite a few people there in the second hour, but NO ONE was spending any money. 

We made ONE sale!!!!!  One.  We didn't even cover the stall fee.  It was terrible.
And people were not stopping to chat, it was just too wet.

ABOVE: Yep, that's what it looked like the entire time.  Bloody horrible.  The sun came out once I think, which made it unbearably hot and sticky.  But not for long.  Mostly it was dark and doomy, or pissing down.

I'm going to console myself with a nice Chinese takeaway and a Bacardi and Coke.  

Dinner was OK... couldn't eat much really.  Too tired, so off to bed early.
Catch ya tomorrow.

15 comments:

  1. Rain rain go away come again another day...its going to be a scorcher of a day here and we are doing the pre Christmas visits with family ug best rember take my water bottle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the rain stays away and the people come out to the market!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:53 AM

    Chris seems the weather is same on east coast of Australia. Different every day in Melbourne, 28 one day, 14 the next. Hope you have a great market. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:45 AM

    Such a beautiful view. Good luck at the market. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck, I hope the market goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both your meals look tasty. Stew's has more filler and yours would likely be more rich. Looks good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the best for the market this afternoon ... I hope the weather is on your side, and lots of people are floating around - and buying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bugger about the market and weather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear the market didn't go well ... maybe the organisers can check out the weather forecast for the upcoming week and organise another twilight market for between now and Christmas and offer stall holders sites for free. Maybe a week night - or even Friday night?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:37 PM

    Ohh bugga, what a big disappointmen.
    The Hines meal sounds Ike a great consolation ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops sorry, posted anonymously above.
    Hope Chinese was yummy 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. The organizers need to just cancel events when they are that bad. It's not fair to the vendors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous6:59 AM

    The weather is so frustrating at the moment. 4 seasons in one day... you worked so hard to get the stock made. Have you tried Marketplace? Kj

    ReplyDelete
  14. Trish in NJ8:46 AM

    Your runners are so pretty and happy. I would have to put on a wall because if they were on my dining room table the cats would so enjoy putting their claws in one. You are a talented lady.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.