Thursday, December 08, 2022

DOCTOR TODAY

 I've got that long awaited doctor's appointment today.

It's only taken a month to finally see my doctor!  

It's outrageous really.  Yes, you can see a doctor earlier, but only by walking in and waiting hours to see whoever is on duty.  There is no continuity of care at all.  Unless you book to see a particular doctor.  And that will mean a two week wait, MINIMUM.

Because they stuffed up my last appointment, I have had to wait a month.  

I've got a list of things to discuss with him now.

Once that is done, I'm coming home to get some of the Christmas stuff out of the cupboard.

Knowing me, I'll end up getting it all out.  😕

OR... I could tidy up the sewing room, price all the UCKI PLANTS, and make sure all is ready for Saturday's Twilight Market.  Decisions, decisions.

At least I can't say I've nothing to do!


CHRISTMAS DECO'S WON.

ABOVE:  We got this little guy in Sylvia Park some time ago.  WAS going to name him/her Sylvia.  But can't.  All our Christmas Friends have names starting with 'R'.  So he became Rhyder.  Seemed an obvious choice for his name eh?


ABOVE: I now have everything out of the Christmas storage cupboard.  And there it sits.
Till I have the motivation to start putting shit around the house.

ABOVE:  I did put that one up.... it took no time at all!  lol  😂😅😉

ABOVE:  just stole it off Facebook.
And yeah, how's that gunna work for a girl?  😂😂😅

12.30 pm:  Back from the Doctors.  He's VERY happy with my latest results.  We discussed Trulicity, and we might move to that in the future. For now the medications I'm on are doing the trick.
So a positive visit.  I'm glad I persisted in waiting to see my 'own' doctor.

Home now, had lunch and am about to tackle more decorations.

ABOVE:  There's a crane in me street.  Hmmm.

ABOVE:   BEFORE.

ABOVE:    AFTER.  Three big palm trees removed.

It took them all day, but a good job done.

I'm working on market stuff, printing out a few hand outs, explaining about bowl cosy's etc.
Pricing things.  bla  bla bla.

8 pm:  I'm very happy with my day.  I got lots accomplished.  And I'm feeling very positive about my health/weight issues.

We are expecting a friend to arrive soon.  He's staying the night so he can travel to Auckland tomorrow morning.  Cutting his trip down into two parts so he doesn't have to get up at 4 am to get to Auckland in time for his business.

So should be a nice evening catching up with him.

Catch ya tomorrow.

13 comments:

  1. Good luck at docs. We have same system... fine if not urgent but otherwise we go to A&E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck, Doctor. Better than the Dentist though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is not good to have to wait too long for doctor appointments. My doctor here in the USA said if I need to see her, tell the scheduler "Dr. J. said I can come in soon." That is thoughtful. Your Rhyder is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news at the Doctors, you are doing well 😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:15 PM

    Wonder why the crane.....? ;-) Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:56 PM

    That sure did open up the view. Looks nice. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay on the blood tests. Why did they remove the palms?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea... but I'd say they were getting too big/tall. House is owned by a much older lady who struggles to maintain the property.

      Delete
  8. Ahhh i could do with a crane like that to hang my Christmas lights with...its taking forever this year im so tired cant get the motivation. Thank goodness dont do anything else for Christmas except a day making shortbread last year it was at least 6 pound butter this year i have 7 so that best me monday 19th job. Enjoy your evening catch up with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that photo at the end! I have one of those jars, I'm going to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rhonda9:51 PM

    Congratulations Chris on your personal health care improvement 👏👏👏 fantastic effort and wonderful results

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous1:10 AM

    We had 2 of those palms on our footpath. Council planted them back in the 70s. A few years ago, I noticed termite tracks on one. Rang council and they came and cut it down safely, piece by piece. A couple of years later, I noticed the termites again and rang council. They sent contractors who cut it straight off at ground level and let it fall with a great thump across our driveway and other footpath. They never came in to warn me, too bad if I had been backing the car out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Chris on your health improvements. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.