Monday, December 26, 2022

BOXING DAY.

 Today is going to be spent taking down the Christmas decorations and tree.

Yep, insanely fast I know, but my TEENY TINY LITTLE BIT OF OCD means it needs to be done asap.

I can't wait for the house to be back to 'normal'.  😊

After doing that we are going out for lunch with some of the family. The family want to go to Taco Bell in Taupiri, so that's where we are headed.  Yummo.   And it means I don't have to cook.  

When we get home, Amanda and her little kids are calling in for a visit and swim.

Today is looking to be another lovely family filled, fun day.  

I partook of all the festive food yesterday, but plan on reigning it in today.  I am NOT going to get to my mini, end of year goal which is my own fault.  But I will get damn close... probably only a kilo or two off.

And that is better than giving up.  I'm NOT giving up. 

Next year is going to be MY YEAR.  I just know I am going to achieve my health and fitness goals.


10.30 am:  And all the Christmas stuff is back in the Christmas shed.  The house is looking much less cluttered.

Stew and I went down to Mitre 10 and bought some liquid chlorine and a few other bits 'n' bobs. 
It wasn't too busy at Mitre 10, but over at the Base it was looking CRAZY busy.
Traffic is building up just trying to get into the place.
It won't be long before cars are parking on the grass spaces all around there.

Pretty normal for Boxing Day.  Happy to be home and right out of it all.

LET'S CLARIFY SOMETHING:  Yes, I want smaller tits.  NO, I will not be getting breast reduction surgery.  I cannot take that risk with my bleeding issue.  I have to do it the hard way.  LOSE WEIGHT.  That will do it, at least a bit anyway.  

1.55 pm:  And our lunch was lovely.  It wasn't too busy out at Taupiri Taco Bell.  
After having lunch Stew and I did a quick trip to Spotlight so I could buy some Velcro for the new Market Sign.
Mike and Joyce have gone into town with Dante and Archer.  The boys wanted to spend their Christmas Money.



ABOVE:  I hope that comes out!

AND IT DID!  Awesome.

It's a hot afternoon.  But expecting a thunderstorm later on ... no sign of it yet.

ABOVE:  A couple more grandkids opened presents this afternoon.  After having a swim in the pool.

Nice to see them, Amanda and boyfriend.

4.15 pm:  just us again... at least until dinnertime.

I'm doing a platter this evening for dinner, using left overs, crackers, cheese etc.

ABOVE:  And out of NOWHERE,  came the thunder storm!  Like an hour ago we had clear skies.  

ABOVE:  Left Overs Scatter Platter.  Ya just scatter shit all over the bench and say "DINNER'S READY!"
😂😅😂

Stew just said ..."Do you know what's different about this rain, from the rain we've had over the past 8 weeks?  It's not falling on my car, cos it's now back in the carport!"  

Here's hoping Lacy has covered her part open window!

And hey, today is done.  I'll be back tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:07 AM

    I love Mexican food! Will look forward to your photos of Taco Bell :) Sounds like the perfect family day to Me! Have a fab day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:35 AM

    You can get there Chris, you are determined to do so, and you can. Enjoy the outing with your family. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas again. It is still Christmas Day here. Just returned home from a 5 hour drive. Dinner tonight? A frozen pizza! But... we did have a proper meal yesterday for Christmas Eve. I dang near came home with a Christmas Puppy. Quite shocked at myself for resisting that one! Nephew brought his brand new darling pup to Christmas and there are two litter mates still available. I DID NOT do it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do believe you can do it this time Chris because over the months you have had a complete change of attitude. Yes, your boobs will shrink with weight loss... it really is one of the bonuses to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Groovy Dance Moves

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:24 PM

    Tottally off topic but your scatter platter reminds me of a youtube I saw where the lady makes spaghetti bolognese and puts it straight onto the dining table for her guests. They got a bit of a surprise no plates and just hoe into it. Totally different concept to your scatter platter which is different selection of cold finger foods and totally makes sense. But the devil in me would like to one day do this and see what people's reactions would be? Maria(Australia) 2023 is so going to be your year Chris - I feel you have got the momentum to see it through and your 2022 is finishing on a high note so thats a good sign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I saw that video of the spaghetti bolognese tipped on the table! I could NEVER do that... it looked gross! People's forks going into their mouths, then back into the 'shared' food.... ikkkk. I sure in hell hope 2023 is mine and Stew's year. We have set in motion some changes that should make a huge difference to us.

      Delete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.