Wednesday, December 14, 2022

CARD CHRISTMAS MEETING

 Tonight is our end of year Card Night.

Gotta take a little gift, and a plate of food.

I'm going to have a go at making a Cranberry and Cheese 'Wreath'.  

So, I will need to go to the supermarket for a few things.

Once home, I'm heading into the sewing room to do a big 'end of year' clean up in there.

I have no intention of sewing another thing till next year.

Apart from my Tree's Star yesterday, I've not done much sewing the past few days.  And I'm loving it.

So does my back.

Talking of backs, Stew is suffering from a bad back right now.  Not 100% sure what he's done.  He thinks he overdid it on the treadmill, and arthritis.

If he's not a lot better in a few more days I'm packing him off to the Doctor.  

Macho man shit... but NO.  He is going to the Dr if he doesn't improve.

Stew's sister celebrates a BIG birthday today (70).  We wish her a Happy Day.  She's kept this birthday on the down low... no big party or such like.  

And that is me for now.  Catch ya later.


NOTE.  TO.  SELF... if it's raining, take ya dang umbrella with you!

Seriously, got rather wet this morning going from shop to shop.
Thankfully I got everything I wanted.

NOT making a 'wreath' now... my pasty sheets are too small.  So I shall just make pastry rolls instead.  Same stuff inside, just a different delivery.

I had a bit of a mishap in the supermarket.
Standing outside the DELI and I grabbed my trolley from the side and the damn thing tipped right over!
I blocked it from smashing into my body with my right arm.
Yeah, that hurt!
I nearly cried.
It crazed down my right forearm and the back of my hand.
Derrr.  Never had a trolley tip over like that before.

Two burly blokes came to my trolly's rescue and tipped it back up and put all my groceries back in it.  Nice guys.

Then the store Manager and several others came and made me sit down, got an ice pack on me arm and made me fill out an 'Incident Report'.  😕😖
I felt like a right dick.
But they were lovely, and if I feel the need to visit the doctor they are going to pay!
I said there was no need, but they insisted.

I will probably have a few bruises by tomorrow judging by how sore it is right now.
Might take a panadol in fact.

Close enough to lunch time now, so I'll have something to eat before I  head into the sewing room to tidy it up.

Surprised to see Stew arrive home at 2 pm today!  He has decided to go to the doctor about his sore back.  Well done darling, good call.

My arm is not too sore now, thankfully.  (just don't touch it!)

DOGSTARS: the treatment (or lack thereof) that you were show was terrible!  You BROKE your arm and they did nothing?!!!  I hope you don't frequent that store anymore.

I'm feeling very lack lustre this afternoon, I don't think I'll even bother doing the sewing room today. 

Card Night Christmas :  A really lovely evening!  We played Christmas games and had a yummy supper.

Home now and it's time to head off to bed soon.
Catch ya tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. I’m sure your back is enjoying the rest. Hope Stews back recovers soon.
    Happy 70th to Stew’s sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the trolley was dodgy. Maybe go and get checked out on their dollar. That way if anything happens down the track you have it documented. I hurt my back at work once but it didn't manifest for a couple of days and I hadn't told anyone as I didn't think it was serious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs. I hope you are feeling better soon. What a scary thing to have happen. I am glad they took notice of it and helped you. More hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a different outcome for arm injuries. Tomorrow (maybe today for you. December 14th. Tomorrow is my one year break-iversary.) I broke my arm at a store. I told them I was hurt and needed to go to the hospital. They just asked for my name and number for their files. They did not offer me ice, a chair, a phone call, to call an ambulance.... They just let me walk out and leave. I couldn't even start me car, turn the key, or put it in drive! I did all that with my opposite arm and drove myself to the hospital! Clearly, I was in some sort of survival mode. I would have WALKED to the damn hospital! Glad you are okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs. I am sorry you were treated like this.

      Delete
  5. You can just relax. Give yourself permission to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That must've given you a shock Chris. What a great response from the management. Hope the bruising is not too bad when it appears. Enjoy your card night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you and Stew are ok. Take care out there.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.