Wednesday, December 07, 2022

CHRISTMAS SHOPPING

 Christmas shopping is on my agenda today.

I'm going to figure out where my 'gaps' are, and buy accordingly today.

Top of my list will be the Christmas Chocolates.

EVERY year for as long as I have been a mother, I've bought my kids a box of Roses Chocolates for Christmas.  (among other things of course).

Now I add grandkids to that tally as well.

This year there will be 20 boxes to buy! 

I think I'll let my fingers do the walking to find the cheapest place to get the chocolates.  I'm not going to pay $6-7 a box, if they are $5 somewhere else.

It will be fun getting out and about, instead of sewing all day.

Before I forget, at Weight Watchers last night I recorded a loss of .600 grms.  Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

My losses so far add up to 6.4 kilos... not as much as I would like, but it's SLOW and STEADY.  And sustainable.  Lose a bit, maintain, lose a bit more... maintain.  I'm happy.

The only thing I'm doing differently, and still losing slowly, is PORTION CONTROL.

I'm eating LESS.  But still eating what I like.  Still enjoying meals out.  Nothing is ruled out.  

WELL, OK, I have cut most sugars out.

But, if I feel like a sweet or a piece of cake, I will have it.  Just not every day, or even every week.

And that's enough about friggin weight.  

It's time to get outta bed and start the day.

SHOPPING!   Love it.


11.52 am:  And it's all done!
I don't need to go out in the craziness again.
All I have to do now is wrap grandkids stuff.

And put up the Tree and decorations.

ABOVE:  I had to.
He's cute.

Lunch time.  Garlic bread with ham and cheese. 

And that's a wrap.  I've spent the last few hours sorting out and wrapping presents.
One job I utterly loathe.   Thank god it's only once a year. 
I am now completely knackered.

Finally worked out where to put the Christmas tree this year.  We can't fit it in the sun room again as we have become a storage facility for 'someone'.  MOST annoying.

So it's going in the lounge.  That means I will have to store a lounge chair in a bedroom, but hey, it's only for a couple of weeks.

UNLIKE everything else in the spare bedroom... it is now a storage facility too.  Spewing tacks over that.

Stew is getting takeaways for dinner.  I'm now sitting down, with no intention of getting up!

Stew had KFC for his dinner ... he enjoyed it I'm sure.
I've just watched Coronation Street, so almost bedtime.
It has felt weird not doing any sewing today.  But nice too.  I certainly needed a break.

11 comments:

  1. You know - I think you underestimate that weight. That is 14 POUNDS! Maybe 6 doesn't sound like a big number - but 14 does! That is very impressive and not an easy task. Congratulations! I would LOVE to lose 14 pounds. It is basically how much I have gained in the last year since I broke my arm. I was doing GREAT! Exercise and watching what I ate. Then BANG (quite literally) Sedentary, eating easy shit I could make with one arm, getting lazy, losing my Mo-Jo.
    Do not underestimate yourself. Seriously. You are down 14 pounds. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you put into pounds... why yes! It does sound good. Thanks for that.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:32 AM

    I think I saw small roses are $3.89 at new world but limit three! They have a big sale on the next three days - Surrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good loss 😁. Sounds like you have worked out what works for you and is sustainable. I used to get the kids Roses chocolates but then they decided they wanted other ones instead 🙄

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you survived your shopping spree! It is bedlam out there this week and no doubt will get worse before it gets better again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:43 PM

    I love seeing your Xmas critters. Enjoy the Holidays! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being used as a storage facility must be most frustrating. Maybe charge for space!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Charge for space'... OMG I'd be waiting forever for a single cent!

      Delete
    2. Anonymous11:22 PM

      Your rent money could be in the form of vacuuming, dusting, washing windows, scrubbing toilets and floors, bathing/brushing out the dogs.
      Vickie

      Delete
  7. Well done on the loss ... and on being so organised with presents/wrapping. I haven't started that horrible task etc - although I've probably got most of my presents purchased. (Yay for online shopping!!). Rod is pretty cute! As for the storage ... my "storage" areas are about to be tagged to a garage sale I reckon. I need the space back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you getting all your Christmas shopped done. Congrats on the loss. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.