Monday, December 12, 2022

WHAT DID YOU THINK?

 Yesterday I blogged with NO WORDS.

What did you think of it?

Yaa or Nah?


I liked it.  But wouldn't do it all the time.  I have far too much to say usually.  😂😊😉

I'm relieved to have all the Christmas decorations and tree done, it was a big job.

Now that it's all done I love it.  

I picked out first cherry tomatoes yesterday, one had been pecked by a friggin bird, so obviously ready to come inside.  There's also 4 lettuces ready, so we better eat them this week.

Today I'm going out to get more baby lettuce plants.  And I'm sure to find something else I want.

It's very enjoyable NOT sewing every day.  I didn't think I'd know what to do with myself, but so far I'm managing just fine.

Stew and I went shopping for a new tree topper yesterday with no luck.  Seriously, the dedicated Christmas shop in town had NOTHING for the top of a tree except bows or horrendous angels.

Ikkk to both.  So I might wander around the Base and see what I can find.  

I'd love to find either a beautiful white star or a small white Santa.  

And that's me for now... catch ya later.


11.20 am:   Well, a successful morning out and about today.
In the blistering sunshine.  Not a sign of rain today.  So damn typical.
BUT WAIT... rain is coming tomorrow.

ABOVE:  I got a star for the tree.
But on getting it home I realise it's far too big and heavy, so it will just have to go somewhere else.  Maybe we just make do with the small one we already have?  It's not perfect, but will have to do I think.

Lettuce plants... will get planted this evening.

ABOVE:  Remington has come to stay.  He's a lovely addition to the Christmas Friends.

Nearly lunchtime and I'm starving. 

5.10 pm:  I've spent the afternoon pottering in the sewing room.
I got an order for a UCKI PLANT for a friend down in Wellington, and got it posted off to her by 4pm. 
After that the girls and I had a quick visit with Bex and the boys, and just got home again.

Dinner for Stew this evening will be chicken casserole and veges.

It's stinking hot and muggy outside. The girls are panting like crazy.  They get a summer groom in 8 days, it can't come quick enough.

Steve, Bex and the boys came over after dinner.  Steve and the boys had a swim.

They turned a bit blue!  The water is still damn cold as far as I'm concerned.
Once they left we just chilled out watching the TV.
Catch ya tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. The word-free blog post was fun. I would much prefer that to you taking the day off entirely. So, if you need an "easy" day - that works. It actually told a story all by itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photos only was ok but i like ya talkimg best but as dogstar said rather just photos than no blog at all. Decorations look great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:11 PM

    I think the photos would be a fun Sunday thing.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot imagine you not talking for any length of time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:51 PM

    What about sewing a beautiful quilted star for the top of the tree?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:07 PM

      Oh yes, that's a great idea!

      Delete
  6. I liked the photo post for a change although I also missed your updates :-). Samyson put our 3 - yes 3 - trees up last night. This years include a duck theme, a Disney theme and a standard general tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the star as just Xmas decor. I hope the right tree topper finds you. I haven't found mine yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you eating dinner too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. I have my 'main meal' at lunchtime now. It means I'm not going to bed with a full stomach and getting acid reflux. Which is caused primarily from the diabetes medication called Jardiance, which is the one that is really helping bring my Hba1c levels down.

      Delete
  9. Anonymous6:10 PM

    Thank you so much Chris. It will be perfect for mum. She will love it in the coffee mug with her name on it. You are so quick. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that star! Looks great on the table with Remington 😊

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.