Tuesday, May 26, 2020

SHOP DAY

Today I've got all sorts of things to be getting on with.

But, first up... housework, then open the shop.

While the shop is open I will do some work on the banner for my FBG friend.

Then, once I close the shop (mid afternoon), I will be doing this:


ABOVE:  I am going to dismantle this bed and put it in the garage.  Brylee will be taking it as her own when she FINALLY leaves home!

The mattress is shagged, as in: horrendously uncomfortable to sleep on, so it's going in the trailer and off to the dump.  Brylee will buy herself a new mattress when she moves out.


ABOVE: I made a start on getting all of Lacy's stuff into the garage last night.  There's still a bit down in the Tin Shed, I will try and get some of that into the garage later on today too.

I'm excited to know that in a few days I MIGHT have the bedrooms re-organised and a study set up.  Whoop Whoop.

But for now... I am off to start the day.
Catch ya later.

ONWARD...




11.15 am:  I've been rather busy in my studio... tidying up all the drawers and various other places that had stuff just shoved in during our move.
It feels so good to finally get it all sorted out and tidy again.

And YES Stew, I have stolen the clock from your gym room!  I needed it.  We can get another one for you in the weekend.  *smiles*

I just had a customer in, who did some Christmas shopping!  No time like now to do it she said. *smiles*

And while she was browsing,  I had a chat with a lovely young Mum and Babe in the driveway.  She has the most gorgeous, smiley little baby.

I think what I am going to love the most about my little shop is the social contact.  I seem to rather enjoy yakking! lol

Lacy has been back this morning and picked up some more of her stuff, which is neat.  The less to walk around in the garage the better.

12.04 pm:  And another lady in the shop having a look around.  Yet another lovely chat, and she assures me she'll be back with her daughter soon.

Time to relax for a little while and do some knitting in the back office.  *ha ha ha*

Knitting didn't happen.  I fluffed around putting stuff on the wooden fence outside my studio window.  I want the view to be pretty, not just wooden fence.  *smiles*

While I was doing that an older man popped into the shop!  On his daily walk, I've seen him heaps of times.  He was rather cute.  I couldn't understand a word he said!  He is a Chinese man... I got the gist that he liked some of my stuff.  He took one of my business cards.  So a good day here.

VERY QUIET on the blog though! 

LAURA:  That has to be one of the nicest blog comment I have ever received!!!  Thank you so much, and I am so, so happy my blog has cheered you up.  GO FORTH AND BLOG YOURSELF!  lol

9.50 pm:  Dinner is done.  I made an apple pie for dessert.  It wasn't that nice.
I'm exhausted and will be going to be early again.  Being busy is all very well... but sheesh ya get tired.


21 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:47 AM

    Totally understand the excitement you guys must be feeling to be empty nesters. I have been a parent since I was a teenager (am nearing 50 now) and it will be the first time since my teenage years I will be solely responsible for just myself. It's rather exciting!
    Do you have a time frame for when Brylee vacates? Maybe I need a time frame for my last one in the nest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy G1:58 PM

    Always feel like an idiot when I don’t understand those that don’t speak English clear enough....🤣
    Sounds like you’ve had a productive day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your shop sounds like it is taking off. I remember our children leaving home - and now my home is with one of them! How things change. Enjoy your day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. One more to go then you and Stew can enjoy being just 2. How wonderful. Does Brylee have any ideas of where she will move to? And I'm guessing Griffin is happy where he is?
    I can see your little shop becoming quite the neighbourhood attraction even if just for the friendly shopkeeper :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cold and windy in Coffs today, with no phone calls,and the passing cars on our private road going as fast as they dare creating so much dust, it's doing my head in.For once I'm realy feeling cranky.THE OLD MOO.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kiwionholidays4:02 PM

    Love that fab blue chair in the garage , Lacy must’ve got love of blue n purple off her Mum
    You sure are getting the wee shop up in running in record time and not having to travel 🧭 to work sure is a bonus n doing something you love n are good at has to be worth its weight in gold

    All in your home right and uncluttered
    Loving it,

    Take care

    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  7. iT'S FUNNY. sOME THINGS IN OUR LIVES HAPPEN SIMULTANEOUSLY. lIKE THE KIDS FLYING THE COOP. aND OTHERS ARE THE EXACT OPPOSITE. Like when it gets warm here it gets cold there! Sorry for the Caps lock blunder. Not gonna retype!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy day at the office. First day back after a few sick days.... daughter had a sore throat last week and as she's a Marist girl 😉 she had to get tested... which meant we were isolated until results.... which thankfully came back negative 👍🏼 so I feel like I've been on holiday. Looong day. Glad you've got so much interest in your wee shop!!💛

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:33 PM

    Wow how neat with the clientele that's coming through the door!! And wonderful to be connecting with the community you might get a baby sitting job lol. George's Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Chris.
    I'm new to your blog, and I wanted to tell you this: I'M HOOKED!! I love the way you write, and the things you write about. Your posts make me feel so motivated to quite wasting time being sad and start living a life that I can love.
    I've been trying to pull out of a depression for a while now, and thought I would dig around the blog world to see if that would help get me started. And it has. Finding your blog really did something for me. I hope that doesn't sound dumb, but it is true. I spent hours and days starting from the beginning of your blog to the present so I could catch up. Just wonderful.
    In case you'd like to know, reading your blog has motivated me to get serious about picking my own blog back up after I sort of bailed on it 3 years ago. And the thing is, I really enjoyed when I was blogging, even though I'm a beginner and not very good at it, it was still fun.
    Another thing is, seeing all of the joy and fun you have with sewing and quilting has truly made me want to start crafting again!! My mother and I had a lot of fun crafting the last 3 years until her death. We were making things for my web-site/blog. But when she died, I sort of gave it up.
    Anyway, I just wanted you to know that you have a fan in the United States, and am looking forward to reading your blog each day.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:30 PM

      You go Laura! Don't forget to let us know your blog site so we can follow! George's Mum.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous7:45 PM

      hi George's Mum 😊
      and awesome comment from Laura from the United States
      and as Marlene said Kia Kaha 💪
      from us in New Zealand 😊
      #Lacy 💙

      Delete
  11. Nice comment Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely comment Laura. Kia kaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:43 PM

      nice Marlene
      Kia Kaha 💪 stay strong
      😊
      #Lacy 💙

      Delete
  13. So good to hear you have people dropping in Chris, so good for you to have people to chat to!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely comment Laura.
    Chris writes just like she talks, having met her (once) I felt as I had known her for years (well I did from her blog :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like the shop is attracting nice clientele. Have fun sorting out the house and getting it settle just how you like.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is really what I miss about doing the craft shows. EVERYTHING has been cancelled that I signed up for. Tentative stuff in the fall but who knows!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.