Tuesday, August 14, 2018

STEW'S GOOD NEWS

February... Stew's HbA1C reading was 68.
May... it went down to 58, after being on the new diet for 1 month.
August... and it's down to 46!  So he has done exceptionally well too!
I'm really proud of him, it's much harder for him to do this diet than me, he's around temptation much more than me.

And he's a bloke, he gets hungrier than me.

So now, we are BOTH down in the 'normal' range.  Now we just have to keep up the good work.

My weigh in yesterday showed another 'stay the same' weight.  That could have contributed to my mood yesterday?  But, moving on, I know it's just a little blimp in the grand scheme of things.  Waiting for that 'WHOOSH' again.  Patience.

My Mum leaves hospital and flies back to Coffs Harbour today.  That means my niece can get back to her job in Melbourne and Ron (Mum's partner) can get back to his gardens!  It can't have been easy on them sitting day in, day out in the hospital while Mum recovered from her surgery.  But, it's what ya do for someone you love eh?  

Sadly I couldn't be there too, but hopefully we will get over there at some point.

Ummmm.... I have another FBG walk scheduled for this afternoon, but the weather is supposed to turn to crap, so time will tell if that walk goes ahead.  Not many of the girls like walking in the rain. 

What else?  Meh... should do some more housework.  Utterly boring shit.

I did start knitting up some of that super chunky wool I've got.  I plan on making a nice sized knee rug to use at market.  I still get so damn cold just sitting there waiting for customers.  Can't wait till it's summer... at least then I will be in the shade, but not freezing cold.

Right, better get moving... the day can't start till I'm actually out of bed!

ONWARD...


Today WILL be a better day ....

10 am and most of my jobs are done.  Awesome.
Next... prepare dinner.  Might go down the road and get a salad... I've got some surimi out for my lunch... salad with it might be nice for a change.  I've not had a salad in ages.

As it's raining on/off, I am betting the afternoon walk will be cancelled.  If it is I think I will get on our treadmill.
While it's nowhere near as nice as walking with friends, I'm now in the mindset that I need to get some meaningful exercise most days to keep up my weight loss and fitness.

5 pm:  And the walk was cancelled, as I expected.
I have NOT been on the treadmill as my tummy has been a bit 'iffy' today.  Felt a bit off all day really.
But ...not to worry, I'll be fine.

I've made a lovely big potato salad to go with a seafood salad for dinner.  The kids will be having fish fingers and fish pieces instead of the surimi/shrimp salad... yaaa, more for me and Stew.

Not sure what I will get up to tonight, probably just chill in front of the telly.  It's cold and miserable today.  I might even turn the heater on soon, it's really starting to cool down now.
And blow up a storm outside by the look of it!  I think there's a few storm/wind warnings been put on the news too.


A little update over there.  

AND... that's me done for the day.  No idea why I've been feeling off today?  Let's hope tomorrow my need to stay near a bathroom has gone!
TMI?  Tough shit.  Pardon the pun.  lol

8 comments:

  1. I love that saying. Ditto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic result Stew!!! You have both done an amazing job and hopefully this results in many healthy years to come. My sister who didn't manage her diabetes is in a bad way. She has trouble even standing now due to foot problems. You just need to see someone who hasn't eaten well to know the difference to your lives you will be making.

    I'm glad today will be a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome results Stew

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry too much about the scales. The FBG photos you post show that you are definitely shrinking. You look the best you have in a long time ... and happier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome result Stew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow go Stew you two are amazing and I agree you can really see it now so very proud of your achievement so far

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:15 PM

    Congratulations Stew!!

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Stew. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.