Sunday, August 19, 2018

QUESTION TIME

COME ON... wake up!
I'm up... ready to rattle Stew's dags into doing a few jobs around the house.

He needs to put netting in the guttering around the front door today.

And we might do some more water blasting too.

But... right now...

Here's that question I mentioned yesterday.

IF you had thin, whispy, light coloured eyebrows like ME, would you 

- colour them in with eyebrow pencil, like I did last night:


ABOVE:  And I'm NOT very good at it... 

Or would you...

- get them TATTOOED on?

There's a girl in our FBG group who has the most amazing eyebrows.  They are perfect, and I always thought she did an awesome job of penciling them on.  Till she admitted they were tattooed on!

And of course, that got me thinking, should I do that too?

So, that's the question.  Should I get me eyebrows tattooed on?  Or not?  

Has anyone else done it?  Does it last?  Does it hurt like bejezus? Is it worth it?

OK, that's more than one question... but well... I need answers to them all.  *smiles*

NEXT:  some photos of our dinner last night from Hello India:


ABOVE: Our entree's arriving!  I had Marinated Prawns which were delicious, and Stew had Tandoori Chicken.

 ABOVE:  My main, Butter Chicken.  Seriously, THE VERY BEST Butter Chicken I've ever had!  I had it with some garlic naan bread, which Stew helped me eat too.  I never have rice with my butter chicken.  The Butter Chicken was so rich I couldn't eat it all, but so yum!


ABOVE:  Stew had Chicken Tikka, he asked for medium/hot, but it was quite mild.  But nice.  I had a tiny bit and didn't find it hot at all.

After our dinner, I felt like some dessert, so we went next door to Onyx. 
And we shared these:


ABOVE:  Bearing in mind they were very small, we didn't go overboard really!  
The Sticky Date pudding came with a Salted Caramel Sauce which was FAR too salty, so kinda ruined it.
But on a whole it was very enjoyable... and the atmosphere at Onyx is very nice.  They were super busy, a sure sign of a good restaurant.

Hello India was busy too, and as they do Takeaways too, we shall be getting a few more meals from there for sure.

We had a lovely evening together ... and hope to do it again a little more often... just as soon as we really are 'Darby and Joan'.  *smiles*

ONWARD...

10.20 am:  Well we  have some VERY pissed off Sparrows!  Hee hee, poor buggers can't get under the roof to their nesting sites. Luckily it's still too early for baby birds, so I don't feel too guilty.  They have plenty of time to make new nests somewhere else... there's plenty of roof spaces in other areas on the house.  I  just don't want them in certain places.

I've been into Hamilton quickly to get more white backing fabric for tree runners.  Gawd I'm in there 3 times a week at the moment.
My dream home would be next door to Spotlight!  Can't see that happening any time soon.  We love it here!


ABOVE: It's all go! Stew has been working on the guttering, and a bit of water blasting.  Then Griffin took over the water blasting, so all good.

I've been in the sewing room cutting out 'trees' all morning.
Brylee did something totally different... more on that tomorrow.

After a very foggy start to the day, and freezing cold too... it's turned into a glorious day, if a bit cool.

Well... I've managed to cut out a million trees for runners today.  And now I am going to be putting some together... that's the exciting part.

Dinner tonight was:

ABOVE:  ?  Pork Belly.  lol

And now... I'm freakin' tired... going to chill out now and do NOTHING else.
There's probably bugger all on the TV tonight, so will no doubt end up watching something on You Tube.
It will be neat when we have Netflix, then we can watch a movie or two when TV sucks.

15 comments:

  1. I saw someone’s henna eyebrows on fb recently and though they looked fantastic. If hubby was working it was something I would seriously consider. I imagine a good tattoo would look very similar. As some one who can’t see well enough with out her glasses but needs her glasses off to do her eyebrows that would be a yes from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, do it and make sure you get micro blading - I've sent an email... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS to my last comment - about your eyebrows in the photo. You are using the wrong colour eyebrow pencil. You need one with no red tones, just a plain medium brown. Oh and look how slim your face is in that photo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have red hair so my eyebrows are very very light. I've always wanted to get the tattoo done but well... It's your face so it's scary lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:58 AM

    Maybe try different eyebrow pencils first, maybe get a beautician for some advice...see how you go for a while before you make the decision. My eyebrows and eyelashes as so blonde you cannot even see them...I go nowhere without my my mascara and makeup lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mum had them done and they look awesome. Had to go twice as her "legs" fell off...the thinner bits. Obviously not sore because sh would have said but it's expensive. $600 I think she paid.

    I do mine with the 1000 hours lash colour things in brown... much cheaper and lasts a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leave your eyelashes "Au Natural" no pencils, no tattoos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No no no. Firstly u don't like needles girl. It hurts like bejezisa. And your bleeding issues I'd stay right away. Friend had hers done she ended up with nearly 2 weeks off work because she got infection and couldn't c from the swelling. So no no no don't do it .pencil is so much nicer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicole1:19 PM

    Not sure that this will affect you but I donate blood and they said that you cannot ever give blood if you have cosmetic tattooing such as eyebrows because of the chemicals they use.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My girlfriend Carol had hers done and the best thing she ever did!! Said it wasn't painful at all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have my eyebrows tattooed on. First got them done in 2006 then I had them done again in 2017. Best thing ever!! I get my down by a very reputable make up artist and I love the shape she gave me as I had next to no dark natural eyebrow hairs being so blond. Let me know if you want her details. She does a few days up here in Auckland (Redoubt Rd,, Manukau City) and the rest of the time she works / lives in Rotorua. It doesn't hurt. They use numbing cream. I got my tattooed on which is cheaper than this latest way which I believe they call feathering. My lasts years and I don't need to go back every 6 months like some people say they do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:25 PM

    Just get them dyed if your not sure about tattooing, it last a few months and looks amazing. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have you tried Netflix? I can get it easily on my computer, or at the beach house were the ADSL is very slow or at home where it's slow. We can get it on TV or computer. Just wondering if you've tried? It seems really odd that you can't get it. It doesn't take much bandwidth, it's much like Youtube which you get now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous9:15 PM

    Personally I think your eyebrows look lovely, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Someone I know got them microbladed. Big eyebrows are in here now but I imagine that will go out of style again. Wonder how many people will be stuck with the big ones for life lol.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.