Wednesday, August 29, 2018

REST DAY

After walking almost 11 kms yesterday, I need to rest my feet!
I am pretty sure I am going to get another big blister on the underside of my right foot.  *sigh*
It started to hurt while doing last night's walk... and by the time I got home it was really painful.

So ... I won't be surprised if I get a blister.  That might slow me down a bit!

So, today... NO WALKS.

I'm going to sit on me bum and sew for a good deal of the day.
I should get at least one Christmas Runner done today.  The blue/green one.  I can't wait to see it finished.  Biggest decision of the day will be what colour to bind it in, blue or green!  lol

WEIGHT:  Well....  I'm still on a plateau!



But, I'm not feeling too discouraged.
They ARE normal.

ABOVE: And this is pretty much how I feel about it. I am not going to give up!  I will just work harder to get through it, and carry on with losing weight, and keeping my blood sugar levels 'normal'.

I can do it!

I've already made a few changes.

1.  Not having my breakfast (a piece of Burgen toast) until late morning.

2.  Having lunch much later in the day, like between 2 & 3 pm.   And I'm having seafood salads at the moment, which are low in calories. 

3. By having a late lunch, my appetite is much smaller come dinner time, so I can keep my portions smaller,  without feeling starving hungry.


ABOVE:  Looks like I'm doing most of the things I need to do!
WELL... except the water thing.  That ain't gunna happen any time soon, if ever.  *smiles*

I am thinking of doing some weight work in the garage to mix up my exercise too.  So, all going well my weight should start to drop again soon.

So, although I am still plateauing, I feel really positive.  I'm doing most things RIGHT.

It's gunna be a good day!  Sewing.  
Meh... probably do a bit of housework too.... OH!  Coco goes to the groomer at midday too... shit I better not forget that.  Marley and Denim go in 2 weeks time.  

ONWARD...

10.41 am:  Well... my day has started quite well.
Got up to find NO ONE in the house at all!
Obviously, Stew at work, kids at school... but where is Lacy?

So I text her, she's down the road waiting for a bus into Hamilton.  And it absolutely POURING with rain.  And she doesn't have an umbrella... so I jump in the car in JUST me nightie (nothing else on... LIKE NOTHING) and I drive down and hand her an umbrella.

Scoot back home before something awful happens...like I break down and am left stranded on the side of the road in just me nightie!  Gawd imagine!

LOL... jump in the shower and try out this stuff:


ABOVE: Yeah, it's foggy in the bathroom... and heck!  It sure helped me comb out my hair after washing it.  Fingers crossed it dries nicely too.

Next thing, on to a few odd jobs around the house.
Can't do any more washing till we pull the washing machine out and check it out.  It's pissing water all over the floor.  Grrrrr.  Hoping it's just a loose hose or similar.

Thirsty, so pour myself some of this:


ABOVE:  One of the girls who came over last week to play cards brought some with her, and we all tried it. DELICIOUS!  I love ginger beer, and this stuff, while having virtually NO SUGAR, is so nice.
It's a lovely change from Diet Coke I must say.  Strangely enough, I do like to drink other stuff sometimes.  *smiles*

Right... off to do some sewing now... all me little jobs are done so I can sew to me heart's content.


4.30 pm:  sewing is going well... about 3/4's done with the Christmas runner.  Lacy arrived home from Hamilton happy... she MIGHT have found somewhere to live... other than here.  Once she's settled there she can start working on finding a job!  Now that would be awesome for her... give her some direction in life.

So a good day, let's hope this new place to live pans out.

Dinner tonight is just going to be sausages and something?  Might treat the kids with chips.  I am not hungry, so can give dinner a miss till much later.

It has been VERY QUIET on the blog lately!  Where is everyone?  You better be good and busy!

I just finished the Blue/Green Christmas Runner.  It was lovely to get it finished.  Photo tomorrow.  I'm freakin' tired now... lots of hand stitching... 22 buttons!  Then the binding.  I'm seeing double from all the close stitching.

Time to relax now.  Catch ya tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. thanks for the brolly Ma :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup agree the ginger beer is real tasty i have it occasionally no idea y I dnt buy it more often just dnt think too ...enjoy your home alone day I LOVE them

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that "Ninety Nine" 99% sugar free range. My favourite is the lemon one, which I enjoy a small glass of with my dinner most evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news Lacy, nice to see you happy & being pro-active about getting yourself sorted :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did your hair end up using those new products? I have a terrible battle keeping mine tame.. and Knots!! Arghhhh I hate brushing my hair even after a shower using lots of conditioner...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I did forget to say eh? It is wonderful! I combed it out in the shower while I still had the mask on (last step in 3 step process). It feels like silk now it's dry, and so soft. I will definitely be getting it again. It combed out so easy too I must say, just a couple of tangles that were easy to sort out.

      Delete
  6. What supermarkèt has that ginger beer Chřis. I haven't seen it down here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Countdown have it in Christchurch if that is any help.

      Delete
  7. I'm always, always here Chris but I'm too busy sitting drooling from looking at all my goodies from London, haha. Glad that the new products worked on your hair and Lacy is working on getting herself sorted out.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.