Thursday, July 10, 2014

SPINNING... AND PLEASE LET ME FINISH MY QUILT TODAY!

Spinning?  Well... Dante was:



ABOVE:  I had a brain wave, and decided to put Dante on the Lazy Susan... and while he looks like he's unsure about it, just know he did NOT want to get off it!
He loved it.

I made a Bacon & Egg pie the other night, it was DELICIOUS... I'd not made one in years!


ABOVE:  I was really happy with the pie, and everyone loved it.  I used 1.5 kilos of bacon, 5 big onions and about 20 eggs!  It fed us all, and we had left overs for lunches the next day too.

I have only ONE thing on my mind today, and that is to finally finish my Dresden Plate Quilt.
I did a hell of a lot yesterday, preparing the border, and today I will be sewing it on.

I'm so excited!  It's going to be finished!!!

So... I'm gunna go and do it ... right now.
I'll be back later on to show you the finished result.

ONWARD...

MARKD60: "How do you do that.  Post photos of the finished product when you're deciding which to make?"    Simple Mark!   I pin everything together, it's not stitched on.  That way I can chop and change and decide which is best!  Then I unpin it and sew the option I like the best!

BLONDIE:  Yes, I am aware of the new 787-9 Dreamliner arriving here tomorrow afternoon.  I'm going to find out when it's due and hopefully we can go and see it land.

Off to carry on with the quilt now...

The quilt... is 90% finished, and I've run  out of fabric to make the pillowcases, so I'm ducking out to Spotlight right now to get some.
I am bloody determined to FINISH this project today.

Griffin spent a lot of time overnight on the loo.  But ... he's feeling better now.  Phew, thank goodness for that.




DONE       DONE       DONE


I still have to pull out the gathering thread!  Whoops.  Tonight I am going to make a second pair of pillowcases.  The pair I just made are quilted even!

End of Day:  An awesome day!  I am just so thrilled to bits with my quilt!
AND... I started playing a game on my phone called 2048+... and it is now 1.38 am and I've still not 'died'... so it will have to be continued tomorrow.
It's addictive.... what can I say?
nite nite.

20 comments:

  1. I love Bacon an Egg pie that one looks delicious wish there was smell a vision yumm. My friend ha s a lazy susan she actually has 2 she has a 8 seater table and I wish I had one. Happy sewing can't wait to see the finished quilt will you make bedside table rug things to match OR mini mug rug things? ALSO did you know the BLACK FERN plane lands in AKLD tomorrow from Seattle wish I was up there to view that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. excited to see the finished product!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorraine H4:52 PM

    Wow.I really like the finished product.The colours are beautiful..

    Southgirl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhhhhh I am liking that border see now I didn't see those extra triangle panels on yesterday photos that looks sooo pretty!!! Awesome job you are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love bacon and egg pie - may have to make it sometime next week as I don't like the recipes on the program :(
    Have the best day !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing job. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks amazing mum. Worth the wait

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is beautiful Chris. Absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever tart! It looks great:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:06 PM

    I'm so glad you didn't make it all blue down the bottom! That looks amazing!!! Cranky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:15 PM

    Thats awesome, well done for finished product. Look amazing and I love blue.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:15 PM

    Great work! Looks comfy too :)
    Jess from Adelaide

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous! I love it. That looks like a ton of work, but will be gorgeous on your bed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dante would have been happier at about 300 RPM. I'm sure of it.
    THe bacon and egg pie looks great! I'd make that sometime! (if I had the recipe)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dante is so cute. Love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. lazy daisy5:52 AM

    I still preferred the 1st quilt, meself, but hey, yours not mine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That games doing my head in my daughter got me started on it she finally got 2048 last night........

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous11:55 AM

    well done Chris. The quit looks spectacular!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous. You are very creative and talented.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.