Friday, July 25, 2014

FINALLY... NOTHING TO DO BUT WHAT I WANT TO DO

This whole week I've been wanting to do some sewing, and every day there has been something happening that has stopped me from doing so.

Today... I AM going to sew.  I just hope it's not too cold in the garage! 
I might have to get our gas bottle refilled so I can have the gas heater on down there while I'm sewing.

It really has turned cold lately!

Now that my Dresden Plate quilt if finished, I don't feel like it's a monkey on my shoulder any more, and that feels great.
I can now get back to making a few smaller projects... like the dozen or so mug rugs I have cut out and ready for stitching.

Teddy... is skating on thin ice right now.  In the past few days I have seen him snap at Dante and go to bite him at least 3 seperate times.  It's a worry.  I don't like the idea of having to lock him out of the living areas of the house in order to protect Dante, but I can't relax knowing he's unreliable around our toddlers.

What to do?  What to do?  I have always said if he bit a child I would have him put down.  I don't want to do that though.  Any ideas people?

P.s.  Dante is not even rough with him, he loves the dogs.  Teddy just does NOT share that love.

I don't think I have anything else to yabber on about right now... so until later...

ONWARD...

Been............sewing.  This morning I made:


 ABOVE:  two more pillowcases for my bed.  I love them!


ABOVE: not quite finished, a set of 4 small mug rugs.

Then I had lunch and watched some TV... and now I'm going to finish those wee mug rugs before starting some more of me bird mug rugs.

Change of sewing plans, I decided to make a runner for the top of the new wall unit:


ABOVE:  I couldn't help it... I added some bling.

Time now to get dinner made, I've got roast beef in the oven, now I'm going to make some cauliflower cheese and veges to go with it.

End of Day:  well for someone who doesn't really like roast beef, I must say it was rather nice.
Spent the evening watching TV with the family, and that's about all!
nite nite

8 comments:

  1. Maybe you can just put him behind a baby gate when Dante is in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:56 AM

    Give Teddy to me....ill sort the little fur ball, he wouldn't dare even snarl at Keera...
    So yea give him to us for a while, we will take him walkies every day, Keera would love that....
    What do you think

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two points of advice, hon. 1. Make sure the gas heater is only used in a well ventilated area - gas is lethal stuff unless it's piped properly for use in one of those fixed wall heaters (I work in the gas industry). 2. Seek advice from the vet re Teddy's behaviour. And get plenty of sewing done! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:39 PM

    Good luck with Teddy - Lacy might me onto something!! Happy sewing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A muzzle? But that seems extreme. A spray bottle of water to deter him when he looks like he going to nip? A hard one. Hope you got a heap of sewing done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the coolest stuff in the world in your house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Productive day in the sewing room, everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.