Sunday, July 06, 2014

HAMILTON TODAY, AND BATIKS!

Road trip today, we are going to Hamilton and spending a few hours with Russell.
We are taking Lacy and Keera with us, so we should have a nice day.

As Dante is still recovering from his various ills, he is stuck at home.  Best place for him really.  He can't catch anything else if he's at home, and he can't pass on his bugs to others either.

We were supposed to have Miss Keera this weekend, but obviously we couldn't.

At least we get to see her today.

I hope Russell likes his quilt.  I can't wait to give it to him.

We are going out to Morrinsville after lunch, and I am going to get some more batik fabric from Milton, at Wrights Fabrics.  I'm really excited about that let me tell you!
He has an amazing array of batiks.  Last time I was there I bought quite a bit, and it has lasted for 3 years or so!

Last night I made Milton a mug rug as a 'Thank You' for allowing me into the shop on a Sunday, when it's usually closed.

ABOVE:  My cute little bird mug rug.  They make me smile.

 ABOVE:  I made a cute label too.  

Right, I suppose I better go and get ready to leave, round up the family, check on how Dante is doing today.... bla, bla, bla.

When we get home I will show you the finished Fern Rug of Russell's.

ONWARD...

*waves*  HI!  We are home after spending a lovely day in the Waikato visiting Russell and shopping.
I'm just going to bombard you with family photos today, and show you what I bought tomorrow...


ABOVE:  Milton and Julie cutting my fabric.  I got heaps!  Russell checked it out too, though something tells me fabric is not his 'thing'... lol.




 ABOVE: Miss Muppet playing on Uncle Russell's phone...


ABOVE:  He even got her on his lap for a cuddle too.



ABOVE:  Griffin photobombing!



ABOVE:  that damn double chin is back.  Grrrr.  Nice photo otherwise.  Me and my eldest boy.

OH!  I almost forgot:



ABOVE:  The finished Fern Quilt for Russell... with two matching pillow cases.  I'm really happy with how it turned out.

End of Day:  an excellent day... lots of loves for our son.  And batiks!  I shall show you tomorrow what ones I got. Signing off early as I'm going to bed at a 'decent' time tonight!
nite nite

18 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:19 AM

    Yea Ya Road Trip.... :-)
    ♥ L&K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a lovely day today tripping around shopping and catching up with family.... RUG up warm too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:07 PM

    Was an Epically Epic day...have missed my brother...and Keera loved spending time with him to :-)
    ♥ L&K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice pic of you two! Must say he is pretty easy on the eye ;)

      Delete
    2. Anonymous9:36 PM

      Hahaha oh Bee lol.....stop it lol hahahah
      Yea he's a handsome chap lol haha :-) x
      ♥ L&K

      Delete
    3. Haha he sure is! X

      Delete
  5. The quilt looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a good day luv the quilt.😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:40 PM

    Hi

    Russell is handsome, same eyes as you....looks alot like Steve as well...hope Dante is ok, quilt looks great!


    Cheers

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely pics, your Griffin has the most beautiful smile xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilt looks fabulous. Gosh, you are a very clever lady.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a great day. I love Russell's quilt and I bet he did too. What a wonderful day with family! Can't wait to see your new fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I forgot to say...Love the Chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab pics. The quilt is gorgeous! Love the colours. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have the most gorgeous kids! The quilt looks just lovely! I'm glad you had a nice visit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks amazing - clever lady !!!!
    Me xox

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.