Monday, April 14, 2014

COASTERS DONE, AND HELP

I got those little mug rugs finished last night:




ABOVE:  I wonder how long they will stay there?  Dante is good at moving mug rugs and cushions around the place.

NOW:  I have a favour to ask of  my fellow Kiwi sewers.  I am making a 'map' of fabric shops in the North Island, so I know where to go if ever on a trip out of Auckland.

I do know of a few, but I bet there's plenty more I don't know about.


ABOVE:  I have put a map of the North Island on my sewing area wall... waiting for names and a string leading to each place pinned up.
I will put up all the Spotlight stores today.

Then I hope you girls will supply me with more names and places... please.

It's Monday, and a short week for the family.  It is Easter this weekend.
Stew is taking a few days off after Easter, so will have 10 days break all up.
That should be nice.

But, for now... housework before my shift at the Hospice Shop.

ONWARD...

THANKS JUDITH.  You are the first reader to give me a name.  

I am REALLY, REALLY looking forward to MORE names of fabric shops people!

Slowly making my way through a few jobs this morning, before heading out.  I'd love to come home tonight to a massive list of fabric shops!  *hint* *hint.

I bought something at spotlight. ..


Guess what I am gunna do with it?


One down ....  any idea what I'm making???

As you can see, it was a bit quiet in the shop this afternoon.  I managed to get a bit of knitting done!
I have not knitted in ... shit... it must be something like 15 years!   Like riding a bike, one never forgets.

Thanks for all the fabric shop names and places.  I will get my map of places sorted out and up on the wall soon!  Yaaa.

I can smell the dinner Bex has cooking... minted lamb chops.  Yum yum... I hope she's giving me peas too... OMG I couldn't eat lamb chops without peas! lol

End of Day:  a nice day, got some knitting done!  No one has even come close to guessing what I'm doing.  I might at some point tell you.  lol
nite nite

16 comments:

  1. What a neat place for the mug rugs lucky they don't have buttons, yes Dante will move for sure and what fun he will have replacing said mug rugs with something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, there's a fabric shop in Waikanae called Fibre Flair, 52 Main Road, Waikanae. Their website is terrible but the shop is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:27 PM

    Theres a spotlight in manakau and sylvia park and in hamilton and in invercargill just to name a few :p
    Bex

    ReplyDelete

  4. MASTERTON
    Quilters lane
    Evans
    CARTERTON
    Sew Carterton
    GREYTOWN
    Crafters Heaven
    UPPER HUTT
    Thimbles and Threads
    Sawmillers Quilt
    WELLINGTON
    Nancy's Embroidery

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:19 PM


    Moreland Fabrics
    (has a quilting section)
    407 Ferguson street
    Palmerston North

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:22 PM

    Quilters' Lane
    50a Queen Street
    (beside Library, down alley)
    Masterton
    https://www.facebook.com/quilterslane/photos_stream

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:25 PM

    Evans of Masterton
    Corner Dixon & Bannister Streets
    Masterton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:30 PM

    The Crafty Pear
    77 Main Street
    Pahiatua

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:15 PM

    Dishcloths

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:37 PM

    That's looks like a book cover, hmmm no idea really :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely yarn, are you making face washes/flannels. It looks nice and soft for that

    ReplyDelete
  12. In case you travel north:
    Apple Basket Patchwork Shop,
    State Highway 1, Kaiwaka
    09-431 2443
    The Country Yard,
    229 Mangakahia Rd, Maungatapere
    09-434 6748

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops, used my wrong account I think? Monika from Himmelgarten Quilts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Could it be a mug rug. The first of many blocks for a baby blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Slippers? Or bed socks?

    ReplyDelete
  16. They will be socks!! How funny that Christine above said the same thing. I think you will work them together and they will be perfect in winter boots!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.