Saturday, April 05, 2014

OUCH...AND WOW, THAT IS AN IDEA!

WHOOPS!!!  I slept in... and so did Miss Muppet, which was lovely.

So... after blogging for hours yesterday, I went downstairs with the plan to sew till dinner time.

That didn't happen.

Cos, I looked at my sewing chair and decided to try and get all the threads and stuff off the castors... my wheels were hardly spinning anymore due to the build up of crap on them.

So... I hauled the chair up onto my bed, plonked myself down and started snipping.  Within about 2 minutes I let out a screech cos I managed to 'snip' me own bloody finger!

A couple of plasters later, I continued on my mission.

As the pile grew, I started thinking....


ABOVE:  as you can see, my wheels were badly glogged up. 

Once I had all the thread and whatnot out of me wheels, I decided to wash it, dry it and use it for 'interest' in my next felt project!
I reckon it's going to look fantastic!

That stuff was filthy I might add.  It took several bowls full of soapy water to get it all clean.

I know I shouldn't even be thinking of adding another project to me list, when I have quite a bit on the go and to actually FINISH, but I can't help myself.

We have Miss Muppet this weekend.  So I'm thinking we will have some early wake ups, as Daylight Saving ends tonight.  Yaaaa.
An extra hour in bed, unless you have a toddler.  Bex and I are going to be getting UP an hour earlier with Dante and Keera.

Oh well, it shouldn't take them long to adjust... hopefully.

Today we are planning on going to a junk yard up the road to look around for something that might make a good gate for the top of our stairs.  Steve suggested it.  Fingers crossed we find something.  
If not we will stop in at Steve's old workplace and look around there too... maybe an old bed headboard will suit?  
Could be fun just looking!

ONWARD...

We are still looking.  We have found something that will look great at the top of the stairs.  We are off to have lunch at Sylvia Park. .. then home to get the washing out. I will show Steve our gate idea tomorrow. 

Well we got home and I saw a pool gate for sale on Trade Me that would be perfect too.  So I'm watching the auction and if it doesn't go to high I will put a bid in.

BUGGER.  I didn't win the auction.  It went way over what I wanted to pay.  My only consolation was I made the other bidder pay WAY MORE than they expected probably.  Still a bit like, damn... I really wanted it too.

Right, back to the drawing board.

Keera and I just had a really lovely spa together.  I'm sure she is now all warm and ready of her bed.  

End of Day:  another lovely day.  It's been a bit frustrating trying to come up with a gate for the stairs that I like.
But, it will get sorted out I'm sure.
nite nite

11 comments:

  1. I was wondering if something had happened.....your posts are usually there by 7am......Hope you enjoyed the sleep in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful hearing from you and seeing your beautiful face. I can see that people are more involved with FB. Thanks for stopping by.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:45 AM

    Good Morning Keera nd DCR :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good ideas all around GEE that is a pile, Steve and I must have been on the same wave length I did say junkyard scrapyards or headboard..... I bet you see OTHER stuff of interest too.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chris, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. how about some RUSTIC lichen fence pails or a white picket fence gate with a love heart cut out to look through? old secondhand chairs with turned legs remove legs and make vertical pailings for gate?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always amazed at the places those threads go.. you have a goodly pile there...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes the search is the fun part....love looking through other people's junk! Hope you find something that will work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you missed out on the gate you wanted.....hopefully you will soon find something you like even better. Somehow I bet you will.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopefully you find something suitable soon. I have seen the video of D climbing up the furniture and onto the kitchen bench - he clearly likes to move around !!!!!
    Good luck with your search.
    Have a wonderful week !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Missed this post earlier. Man that's a lot of stuff tied up in the wheels!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.