Tuesday, February 15, 2022

RECAP... WHO AM I?

 This post is going to be a WHO AM I, and my family run down... it is for people who have not been here from the start.


Me :  63 (but in my head I'm still 40) lol

Stew : 61.

We met when I was on my own with my first 4 kids... having left my first husband as he was an arsehole who I did not love AT ALL.  That is all I will say on that issue.


I had Amanda, Lacy, Kelly and Russell with my first husband.  Born in that order.


They were 6, 5, 3 and 2 years old when I met Stew on the evening of September 28th, 1985.

Stew was my first 'date' after I left my husband, almost 7 months prior.  

It wasn't even a 'date'.   We met at a women's netball prizegiving evening.  I was dragged along by a girlfriend.  Stew was the netball coach.

We hit it off immediately, and he moved in with me about 10 days later!

We have never looked back.

2 years later we had Steve, and then another 2.7 years later we had Mike.

We got married when Steve was 6 weeks old, on June 6th, 1987.

We didn't go on a Honeymoon.  There was nowhere with a Honeymoon Suite that had a double bed, 4 singles and a bassinette!  

Our kids now:

Amanda is 43, with 4 kids (Huston, Joel, Emily and Liam).  We have a lovely relationship with Amanda. She lives here in Hamilton.

Lacy is 41 (almost 42).  She had Brylee and Griffin, who we have raised.  Also Keera, who is now being raised by Kelly.  We have a great relationship with Lacy.  She lives here in Hamilton.

Kelly is 39 (almost 40).  She has a daughter, Rena.  And is raising Keera.  Kelly has chosen to no longer have any sort of relationship with us. She lives here in Hamilton.

Russell is 38.  He has Joshua here in New Zealand, and Sienna and Bodhi in Australia.  Russell has chosen to have very little to do with us. He lives here in Hamilton.

Steve is 34 (almost 35).  He has Dante and Archer. We have a wonderful relationship with him and his wife Bex. He lives here in Hamilton.

Mike is 32.  He lives with his partner Joyce in Palmerston North.  No children.  We have an awesome relationship with them.

Brylee is 21, our granddaughter, but raised as our daughter.  We have a lovely relationship with her.  She lives here with us at the moment. 

Griffin is 20, our grandson, but raised as our son.  We have a great relationship with him.  He lives here in Hamilton.

Stew and I  met in Whitianga, Stew worked for the Bank Of New Zealand at that time.

We moved to Te Awamutu in 1986.  That is where Steve was born and we bought our first home.

Then to Hamilton in 1989. We lived in and owned two homes in Hamilton while there. That is where Mike was born, and Brylee and Griffin.

In 2001 we moved to Palmerston North, taking Steve, Mike, Brylee and Griffin with us.  By then Stew was working for his current company.

In 2008 we moved to Auckland, leaving Steve and Mike in Palmerton North.

Steve joined us in Auckland around 2010?  Bex moved in with Steve (and us obviously) when she was expecting Dante.  Dante and Archer were born while Steve and Bex lived with us. 

In mid 2016 we moved to Cambridge.  

At the end of 2019, we moved here to Hamilton. 

(Steve and Bex stayed in Auckland.  They moved to Hamilton in early 2020.)

We hope like hell this is our last move.  We love our home.  We love being close to most of our kids/grandkids.  


I started blogging as a way to link up with like minded women on weight loss journeys.

It quickly spiralled into a 'Days of My Life' type of blog.

I blog about anything and everything.

It's my 'Online Diary' really.

I have met in person, but mostly online, hundreds of really lovely people.  

There have been plenty of trolls as well, but I just ignore them now, and do not publish any of their nasty comments.

I have been blogging for over 16 years.  Some days I feel like I should stop, as it does not bring me joy.

Other days I still love it.  I don't know how much longer I will blog, it is a constant question I ask myself.

But, while you buggers keep reading it, I will keep blogging I suppose!  

One thing is FOR SURE.... my life and family is NOTHING LIKE THE WALTONS!

I always dreamed of having the 'perfect' family, like the Waltons.  

Jokes on me. 

But, I can HAPPILY live with those that love Stew and I, and without those who don't.

It's that simple now.

I am fairly opinionated, but do know how to respect others opinions when they differ from mine.  I am respectful of my elders, something that is woefully lacking in today's youth.

I am fiercely loyal to my family and friends, unless they turn into backstabbing bastards, then I happily cut them off, and hope they get their just deserts one day.

You only get one life, and keeping haters in your midst is no longer something I do.

I make mistakes, and if necessary, I say sorry.  I am certainly not perfect.

I'm a good friend, but I don't think I give enough of my time to maintain them. Living my life and keeping my head above water (mentally) is a constant drain.

I love with all my heart, Stew is a lucky man!  lol

I am a fairly bad procrastinator, that's where Mike gets it from.  example: I can say over and over again I am going to lose weight this year,  but happily scoff chocolates while you can't see me!

I have lots of good intentions.  Sometimes they work out.  

I try not to hurt anyone intentionally, BUT sometimes I will, if you fucking deserve it.

I'm a black is black, white is white sorta person.  Makes me difficult to live with.   I'm usually honest to a 'T'.  Sometimes a little white lie is necessary though!

Little white lies are usually to spare your feelings.  If you look DREADFUL in that dress, I will tell you.  Unless you would be crushed.  Then I let you go on your merry way in that dreadful dress.

I try to do a good deed every day.  It can be something as simple as smiling at someone. It does not have to be BIG to be meaningful.

I am a giver.  I would rather give you something than take something. 

I can be amusing, even more so if I have had a couple of alcoholic drinks!  That doesn't happen too often though.  (The drinks that is)

I LOVE the colour BLUE... in virtually all it's amazing shades.  I DISLIKE ORANGE AND YELLOW.  If you see me wearing orange or yellow you have my permission to shoot me.

I say I want to stab Stew 16 times in the chest when he annoys me.  I never would, unless I can find a knife that has a tiny, short blade that I can stab him in the chest with, without killing him.  Just little stabby stabs to annoy him.  

It really is just a joke people, one we enjoy.  I think. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†πŸ˜‡  I could NEVER hurt Stew in any way.

I am easily offended, and take things far too personally.  I jump to conclusions (sometimes the wrong ones), too easily.  I'm a knee jerk sorta person.  Again, makes me hard to live with.

Stew deserves a medal.... I  have the chest for it!

One of my worst traits is ... I am the most impatient person I know.

I want it done YESTERDAY... Not now, not tomorrow or next week..... YESTERDAY.

I am a dog person, definitely NOT a cat person.  I dislike hedgehogs with a passion. I love Rhinos and Giraffes... and Cows.

I hate tea and coffee.  95% of the time I only drink DIET COKE.  The other 5% is made up of an occasional hot/cold chocolate or some other fizzy drink.

I have worn the same perfume exclusively for 25 years.  Do YOU know what it is?  πŸ˜œπŸ‘ƒ

PHEW!

There ya go.  That's me in a nutshell.

Did I miss anything?  Ask me a question if ya have one.

(Nasty or unkind comments will not be published.)


Moving on.


Today I am heading over to Cambridge for an FBG walk.

It's a NEW Concept Walk, not a part of the Urban Challenge, where you walk every street in Cambridge between March and November.

This is a timed walk.  We walk 20 minutes, then turn around and go back to the start.

That way, if you are a slower walker, you walk less distance, and faster walkers go further.  But we all end up back at the start at the same time.

I love the idea.  It means everyone can walk at their own pace, and not impact on other, different paced walkers.

So, today is the first Timed Walk.  Afterwards there will be the obligatory coffee and chat somewhere.  

I am REALLY, REALLY looking forward to it, even though it's probably going to be hot as f*#k.


11.24 am:  And I'm home from Cambridge.

The walk was awesome!  We  had quite a big group turn up to walk.  Depending on your speed, you walked over 4 kms or about 2 kms.

I did 3.23 kms in 40 minutes... so quite slow.  But considering the heat we were walking in, I was perfectly happy with that.

I actually love 40 minute walks.  They suit me best.  It will be interesting to see if my distance increases much over time.

ABOVE:  I think perhaps the only thing that didn't work out so well was the Coffee Cart.  With only one lady making the drinks, some people were leaving before others even had received their drinks.

It didn't matter to me of course, as I had my Diet Coke on hand.

Now that I'm home, I'm going to have some lunch soon then perhaps go and do some sewing.

Well it's now 4.30 pm.  I feel a bit like shit.  Had two sandwiches for lunch using left over sausage etc.   Too much.

Had to have a 'Nana Nap'.  Woke up feeling like shit.

But... good news.  I got the WORDEL word in 3 today!  Pretty chuffed about that.

Anyone else doing WORDEL?  It's horribly addictive.

I just hope the New York Times doesn't make it a 'pay to play' game, now that they have bought it.

That would suck.

9.36 pm:  Dinner tonight was Chicken pieces, lettuce salad and kumera poppas/rostis.  Rather yum.

I'm now watching Coronation Street, then I'll be off to bed.

Catch ya tomorrow.


25 comments:

  1. Thank you Chris for this post that you worked so hard on!!!!
    For people like me who came kind of late to the party, it's nice to know more and more about you and your family.
    I've been a regular reader for a few years now and I try to read back posts to stay on top of what's what, but as I said, I keep screwing up on who is who. So I thank you for going to all of the trouble to write this post. And by the way, don't you dare quit this blog!! I have found it to be so inspiring and fun!! It even cheers me up when I'm having a shitty day because you're so hilarious. You're honesty and creativity makes me want to try harder and do better. Thanks for that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading your blog so long I knew it all haha. Love the organized walks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your blog. I've been reading from the start and enjoy it very much. You have inspired me in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't normally comment on blogs {nothing interesting to say I think} but I have commented on yours a couple of times over the years. I have also over time read from the beginning. I too would miss you if you stopped posting, its the only blog I follow where I know there will be something to catch up on once ot twice a day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my..... I have been reading your blog everyday since 2007, around January of 2007 when I got on a weight loss kick.
    Not on that kick anymore, but I never miss a post. Just love reading about what's up with you! ♥

    My guess: Joop - Men's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to say a Davioff perfume but I think you are right!!!!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for letting us know who is who in your family:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed reading your intro to Chris although I've been reading for must be nearly since day one Sarah will be 15 in August.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:58 AM

    Thank you so much for the history of your life. I have read your blog for years but it was so nice to have a recap. There is so much love in your life with your big family and I will keep reading as long as you keep blogging. Christine from Australia XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been reading your blog from the very beginning and you even visited my place when Brylee and Griffin were young :) I am impatient too but I think you beat me on that. My Stu also deserves a medal. I have no idea what perfume you wear though, I'm not a perfume person. Great to recap you life story for others here :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:42 PM

    Chris I Γ§ant believe it's been nearly 14 years since I worked with Stew. I'd say it was the best 2 years but it wasn't all good when CA got me. But your support was awesome. Sometimes I wish I could turn back the clock but I just have to deal with mu horrible health and Cxxx job as I can't retire and move out of Welly. For one I need to be in Wgtn to get my botox in my eye every 3 months. I love you both but you know that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! And I thought my life was exhausting..buried 2 husbands before I was 38 yrs. old...raised a daughter from first husband while I worked fulltime as a RN for 40+ yrs...bought 2 homes, sold 2 homes, bought my final home (my Mom's old house) at age 60, did a little remodeling, now retired (FINALLY) single old lady who lives the quiet life...just celebrated my "Birthday 78 yrs. in January" still have a cocktail every eve while I cook dinner, read many great books, watch movies on #tcm, spend way too much time on #Twitter, but it's great retirement!! My daughter is happily married..my "supper smart" Grandson is going for his Masters in physics science and technology (don't ask me..I have no idea what it is) I love reading your blog because I love hearing from folks in other countries, how they live their lives....I've been reading you for about 5 yrs. now and it's lovely to read your family history. You are one strong lady!! I really hope you will continue writing!! "Happy Valentines Day" to you and Stew!! (Oops, forgot to say I live in Illinois, small rural farming town)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know it's been a long time. I think I found you when you were living in Palmerston North before you went to Auckland. Would that be right? I'm pretty sure it was through Anne who lived in Sydney. There was a large group of WW bloggers back then.

    ReplyDelete
  13. πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a Wordel addict, got it in 4 this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love Wordle, todays got me, took ages.

    Love the summary of who you are, so happy I am one of the people who has met you in real life πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  16. i got it in 6 today, my worst one yet. do you start with a different word each day? or use the same word?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just changed to two new starter words. ADIEU then SNORT. There's heaps more you can use though.

      Delete
  17. I read there is a new game called worldle about countries

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post thanks for sharing. Off to solve my wordle. Yes it is addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing all your family with us. I've been following you for a few years now and worked a lot out but not all.
    Thanks for sharing your kiwi family and let me with me. You're a breath of fresh air.
    I'm another wordle fan. I do the old ones too from the archive. I use steam or adore but just st for fun use some really strange words to start. Amazing how often they turn out to be inspired .
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for telling us your story, Chris!! I have read your blog for several years now but never knew so much about you and your family/life! Oh, and I love cows too. And I have loved reading your posts for over 5 years now. I would miss you if you stopped! All the best to you and Stew.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just ended up on this post today and thought I would say HI. This is all still so accurate from what I can tell.
    Speaking of WORDLE - I got it in 2 today. Started with what my mom and will be having for dinner tonight and it gave me a great start. Are you still "wordle-ing"? I use a new word each day, usually depending on something that happened or will happen that day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.