Saturday, February 19, 2022

DAY OFF

 Stew and I are taking today 'off' doing yard work.

Sure, there's plenty left to do around the back, but we are just done for now.

I'd love to go for a tiki tour somewhere, BUT... the way Omicron is spreading right now, it's just not worth it.

So, it's a stay home and relax sorta day.

ABOVE:  Coco being an utter hussy last night!  She loves having her tummy scratched and will roll over the second anyone comes near her!

Just a bit cute.

ABOVE:  Spoon vs. Insinkerator.  Insinkerator won.


So... sorry peeps, it's going to be a quiet day.


I went to bed too early last night.  Slept wrong.  Got the most awful backache this morning!

But anyway.... Stew and I have decided to go to Mt Maunganui for a day trip.  As Lynda said, ya can't hide away forever.
Less risky going to the Mount as opposed to Auckland though.

1.50 pm. We are having a really lovely time.
Nice big walk along the beach... and dipping our toes in when it got too hot.

7 pm:  We just got home, after having a really delightful day over at the Mount.
I am going to spend about an hour or so editing photos, then composing the rest of this post.

So... come back later!

Right, first up for our day trip, we decided to stop at McLaren Falls.  We have passed the road to these falls DOZENS of times over the years, but never gone there.
Today we did.

ABOVE:  I was very surprised how close they were to the main road.  And the falls were nothing like I had envisioned at all.




ABOVE:  I must admit I was rather under whelmed.  I am sure there is heaps more water going over the falls in winter.

ABOVE: The McLaren Falls lakes were very pretty.
We found ourselves among a Mini Convoy...

ABOVE:  A Mini Day Trip!  lol

ABOVE: Once at the Mount, our first stop was this shop again.  The Design Depot.  Lovely stuff.

ABOVE:  We got a 'couple' of things there, will show you what.... tomorrow.

ABOVE:  We took ourselves off for a walk along the beach.  All up we walked 3.75 kms.  It was wonderful!
There was plenty of cloud cover, and when we got hot we just walked in the water.

ABOVE:  Ya can't go to the beach without getting the obligatory seagull on a post photo! 


ABOVE:  Yep, I got a gull on a rock too.  lol


ABOVE:  And I WAY preferred seeing my man on the beach, instead of the stark naked guy and his girlfriend!  Cheeky buggers... it's a very public beach.

After our walk we grabbed some food and then visited my friend Pip.  She built an amazing home just one street back from the beach last year.


ABOVE: Pip has a really good view of the Mount.

ABOVE: The AMAZING mural in Pip's master bedroom!

ABOVE: Her home is so funky, so many unique features!  And colour!  


ABOVE: And her boundary fence is amazing and unique and stunning... and has a panel I made.  Can you pick which one is mine?

ABOVE:  The other unique feature in her home is her slide.  It starts upstairs, winds around OUTSIDE her home then arrives back downstairs in the foyer.  So fun.

Right, that's all I have for now.  I will sign off now and catch ya all tomorrow.

14 comments:

  1. No worries about the quiet day.. I am entertained by the spoon! And the "hussy"!
    Seems there is some new variant to be concerned about now. I am staying home too. Might even cancel my physical therapy appointment due to blizzard conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling the opposite regarding omicron. I'd rather be exposed now while my booster immunity is high and before winter sets in. I'm sure it's all around me here but if I get an asymptomatic case I won't even know if I've had it as testing up here is basically impossible now unless you are sick. Oh well, off to the shops for more exposure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm... an interesting idea! Maybe we should come up to Auckland to catch Covid! 🤣😅😊

      Delete
    2. I was reading this morning that if people don't get omicron in this wave then they'd get it in the second wave in winter. Either way we'll get it so sooner would be better. I won't be actively 'trying' to get it of course but I'm not hiding away either :)

      Delete
  3. Totally agree with Lynda. I haven’t had covid yet but only a matter of time. Totally enjoying our freedom in Melbourne, wish they’d make masks optional as I’d rip mine off immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've already had it (Covid that is) so hopefully my immune system is looking after me 👍 quiet day here so bloody hot again it was 23 degrees at 4:30am!! 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:00 AM

    Pack a picnic and have lunch in a lovely isolated spot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:57 PM

    I wish I was up there tonight. Grandson George has been competing for nz young plumber of the year. 1 of 10. Won Hawkes Bay and Regional competitions last year. Suspense is killing me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:32 PM

    What a fun day out! Your friend's house is cool; "your" fence panel is middle, bottom row.

    A Fan in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  8. That home is amazing, I'd love a slide!! Glad you had a great day out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow what an awesome day trip UM IN LOVE WITH PIP house 💖
    the fish plaque for sure.
    It’s me first day off in 13 days tomorrow I’m up tidying my room shifted 2 weeks ago it’s taken THIS LONG to sort 🤦‍♀️.
    But I am settled sorted and a lot happier x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your friends house, very funky, especially the slide.
    Your panel, middle of bottom row.
    What a wonderful day out

    ReplyDelete
  11. You didn't have a quiet day after all! Such a beautiful place and I love your friends house~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a cool house with a slide! I am guessing yours is the bottom middle of the fence. Those waterfalls look neat!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.